The Zygus Qamil

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

The Zygus Qamil

Post by Jonas »

I have finally posted the wiki article about the Zygus Qamil (Eastern Wall), a defence line on which Kildarian architects, builders, etc. started working in 3817 ASC (January 2010). After 200 ASC-years, the defence line is as good as finished.

Info is available at the wiki and a map will be posted soon (of course no details, we shouldn't make it easy for our enemies :p ).
The specification of the defences is very high, with extensive and interconnected bunker complexes for thousands of men. There are 57 main forts, 120 smaller forts and 467 casemates between, with over 250 kilometres of tunnels. Artillery is coordinated with protective measures to assure that one fort can support the next in line by bombarding it directly without harm. The largest guns are therefore 135mm fortress guns. Larger weapons are to be part of the mobile forces and are to be deployed behind the lines.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: The Zygus Qamil

Post by Jonas »

Map added.

I feel much safer now. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I feel much safer now.
Me too.

Code name "Zorro" will not have to face ravening hordes without warning!

We may need to defend Corey's county if the Elwynn situation is not resolved, may Lumina forfend such.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

You're right, we should! A western wall should be build.

The Asentalian Line perhaps? :angel

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

And a garrison on Yardistan I.

As I have a very tenuous claim to some authority in Mar Sara, I'm sending someone to check things out.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I assume that the isle of Yardistan is well-protected by the sea. In case of Kildare there was the treat that an attacker could swiftly march towards the capital (Blackrock Nua), the seat of the Seanad (Apollo City) and other important cities / places before we got time to mobilise the forces. And I'm assuming that the Yardistani nobles will have their own little garrison already.
As I have a very tenuous claim to some authority in Mar Sara, I'm sending someone to check things out.
Excellent. :)

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yes, they do. Chang will do what he can in Mar Sara. They have/had a significant ground force. I think they will acquit themselves well.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Very nice work, Jonas! An excellent defence addition.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Glorious mappage! :thumbsup

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Thank You, Your Niftiness (and others). :worship :yay:

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Not that it really matters what these Anticans are up to, but I think we will get to use our wall against those greedy folks. :demon

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Okey, not sure how I missed this before. But that's rather cool. I like the map especially. What did you use to make it?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:Okey, not sure how I missed this before. But that's rather cool. I like the map especially. What did you use to make it?
The almighty Photoshop. :worship
I can make a map for the Benacian parts too (even if there isn't a Wall like this one, we really need a map with our most important military defences). :)

EDIT: But probably I'm first going to see if I can't better use Shiriath's maps for this. Photoshop is with layers, so it's not much work to change that.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

You mean put this on a Vector map of Shireroth? That would be awesome!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:You mean put this on a Vector map of Shireroth? That would be awesome!
Perhaps I could find out how such a vector map is made. That way I could make my defence map the same way (I mean: it will be based on the vector map, but that doesn't make it one... which is a pity, perhaps I will learn one of these days to make it a vector defence map*).

*: Think of the opportunities! You will have the opportunity to zoom in on the smallest fortresses! We could have the most detailled map of micronationalism! :evil

Kaiser Ometeotl I

When Shyriath get's his comp fixed we should look into this. Maybe we can also add the rail system, and expand it into other nations, link up with their systems on a vector map..etc.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

:thumbsup

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”