Independent Dutchy of Kildare

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Independent Dutchy of Kildare

Post by Jonas »

With the recent events (the declarations of independence by the Laqi Republic and Elwynn) it's clear to me that Shireroth is dying. Too long for now the Kildari have suffered under the reign of Kaisers who rule from an other continent. Too long we have not been reunited with the counties that belong to us. It's time for FREEDOM! I hereby declare the Dutchy of Kildare, including its old counties, INDEPENDENT!!

:worship :worship :worship :worship :worship
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: Independent Dutchy of Kildare

Post by Jonas »

Just fooling around.
You guys should know better. Of course I'm not declaring independence, I'm not even ruling these lands. The big boss is Corey and I'm ready to crush those rebels. :p

:angel
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Unfortunate Title

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I love how you post this topic just after I post one entitled "Breaking news: Kildare NOT seceding." :p
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Re: Unfortunate Title

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:I love how you post this topic just after I post one entitled "Breaking news: Kildare NOT seceding." :p
Sorry. :p :yay:

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Though (notice the irony) the Dutchy which complained the most about the House system and caused the most trouble for Kaisers is also the most loyal one to the throne. :angel
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Though (notice the irony) the Dutchy which complained the most about the House system and caused the most trouble for Kaisers is also the most loyal one to the throne. :angel
Indeed. It doesn't even need any explanation, what Cla'Udi said says enough about our loyalty. :yay:

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Yeah...we're not going anywhere. Sticking with Shireroth as long as we can.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Considering all else that's happening, fellows, I can only thank you, intensely, for your loyalty. Though the title of the thread did give me a mild heart attack until I read a bit further. :p

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

I refuse to give up on Shireroth. I refuse to give up on a peaceful Shireroth. We've had conflict after conflict for months now and I'm absolutely sick of it. If the others leave, then they leave, and they can fuck off if they want to cause more trouble.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Falkner van der Sluijs wrote:I refuse to give up on Shireroth. I refuse to give up on a peaceful Shireroth. We've had conflict after conflict for months now and I'm absolutely sick of it. If the others leave, then they leave, and they can fuck off if they want to cause more trouble.
Like it has been said by Scott: sometimes that isn't a bad thing. We rebuilt Shireroth back in the days while everyone had given it up. We don't necessary need an inactive period of 5 months, but a more calm period would probably be best for this nation.
I'm sure that those who leave now will return after a while (or will not even leave for real). A little break is what the Empire needs. And back to the Duchy system... :evil

:yay:

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I'm back.

I'm Shirithian.

I feel for the rebels ideals, but the rebellions seem to have become barely disguised land-grabs by jealous neighbors.

I'll remind folks briefly that these nations also have minorities that may not be thrilled to be governed by their own central authorities, and that secession is a double-edged sword. Those that participate in attempting to dismember Shireroth may very well find themselves with interminable insurgencies of their own.

I can almost guarantee it. :evil

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

That's the spirit! I'm glad you're back, Jake. :yay:

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Jacobus Loki wrote:I'll remind folks briefly that these nations also have minorities that may not be thrilled to be governed by their own central authorities, and that secession is a double-edged sword. Those that participate in attempting to dismember Shireroth may very well find themselves with interminable insurgencies of their own.

I can almost guarantee it. :evil
Those insurgencies would have quite a hard time to reach, if ever, the levels of legitimacy, recognition, and support the Laqi Free Republic and Elwynnese Provisional Government have and any healthy nation with a sense of national community and strong legitimate government would therefore quickly suppress them while such nation's allies would rally to its support and strongly condemn such movements. Look, for example, what happened with Jess when he tried to secede Amokolia from Victoria.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

All the more reason for Jess to come back to Shireroth.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”