Our blue

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Our blue

Post by Jonas »

The took our blue forum colour away! I want it back, or a full rebellion will follow. I HATE grey! :angry
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Re: Our blue

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I also prefer the blue. And for the record, Malarbor I looked better in green.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12855

As long as we don't get our blue back, I will be boycotting these taxes. And if we, Kildarians, unite against this kind of policy, they can't do anything! :evil

No taxes without representati... errr... our blue!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

They could always convict you of being guilty of imperial law, which, I assure you, never ends well.

In other news, thanks for the blue. :thumbsup

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:They could always convict you of being guilty of imperial law, which, I assure you, never ends well.

In other news, thanks for the blue. :thumbsup
If the whole Dutchy boycots it, they will have to convict a whole Duchy. Something, I assure you, will not end well.
Straylight left, it's ours now. :angry

And even if I'm the only one who boycots this, I'm not impressed by getting on trial.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Actaully.. the Imperial Government can forcible remove the funds from the accounts of Duchy residents.

And if you want the Blue back.. go through proper channels.. Not paying your taxes will only anger those with the power to grant you the Blue. Have you tried asking politely of the Kaiser/MiniInt/Steward. I have the power to make it happen/decree it.

Andreas the Wise

I know in a practical sense we can remove the money. In a legal sense, can we still?
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yes, via Imperial Decree.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

He is correct. But I much rather work WITH you.. then use dubious means. I started a thread in the Kaiser's Court. http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12864 Come there and we can discuss forum colours. I can't promise anything, but perhaps things can be worked out so all the duchies are happy. Till then, pay your share of the taxes, doing otherwise will hurt your chances of getting the Blue back.

Rebellions over things like this only serve to anger those in charge.. trust me.. I know.. I did it to often.

Andreas the Wise

I support the rebellion for a better colour (and not just because it's fascinating to see Erik's reaction to a rebellion against him). I'm also mildly inactive ranging to completely uninvolved in the Duchy (apart from still holding the keys to the Ocean Palace - assume the Duke gets them back when the war is over). But I've put 500 into the Seanad account anyway. And that said, the account appears to have a vast sum to pay taxes with ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

I'd just like to point out, good sirs, that this is what Straylight thinks of your talk about not paying your taxes.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:Actaully.. the Imperial Government can forcible remove the funds from the accounts of Duchy residents.

And if you want the Blue back.. go through proper channels.. Not paying your taxes will only anger those with the power to grant you the Blue. Have you tried asking politely of the Kaiser/MiniInt/Steward. I have the power to make it happen/decree it.
You mean: proper channels. We lost the blue without a warning, I can't call that decent either.

I'd just like to point out, good sirs, that this is what Straylight thinks of your talk about not paying your taxes.
Your Niftiness, with all respect. Do I have to be impressed? :evil

BLUE! LONG LIVE THE BLUE! :nuclear

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You essentially gained the blue without warning as well. Rather than being appreciate of what you had while you had, you are whining like children over the fact that you did not gain it permanently.

Considering your attitude towards rebellions in the past, do you really think this little stunt of yours is going to fly? You'll almost certainly not regain blue specifically because you threatened rebellion, if for no other reason than to send a clear message that rebellion is not an alternative to negotiation.

Long live the blue indeed, at the place where it belongs: Straylight

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Why not give one of us cyan?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:You essentially gained the blue without warning as well. Rather than being appreciate of what you had while you had, you are whining like children over the fact that you did not gain it permanently.
But we got the blue eventually and people knew we liked the blue colour that was fitted with our Dutchy. Straylight lost the colour, we finally got it. But now, the admin took it away. Without even asking us (something you would have been terrible upset about a few days back).
Considering your attitude towards rebellions in the past, do you really think this little stunt of yours is going to fly?
Rebellion? The County of Blackrock has stated that it would rebel when the Imperial Government sued the Duke or nobles. We aren't even speaking of a rebellion (yet), it's a boycot.
My attitude towards rebellions, while you're talking about it, is positive. Kildare even has its charter in which it supports it.

You'll almost certainly not regain blue specifically because you threatened rebellion, if for no other reason than to send a clear message that rebellion is not an alternative to negotiation.
I will have no problem with it if we get OUR blue back by another way then rebelling.
Long live the blue indeed, at the place where it belongs: Straylight
You lost it. We will get it back. :angry

Why not give one of us cyan?
No problem, Straylight can have that one. :document

Scott of Hyperborea

There's really only one Milton Friedman-approved way of solving this: auction off the rights to blue.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I consider that an viable alternative..

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Or we could have a court case over it. :)
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Why should Straylight agree to having to pay in an action to defend something they both currently own and originally owned? If anything, Kildare should be offering to buy it off us.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Why should Straylight agree to having to pay in an action to defend something they both currently own and originally owned? If anything, Kildare should be offering to buy it off us.
Because you lost it and the only reason why you got it back is because Straylight has an administrator.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So who has the greater right, the first holders who lost their holding, or the most recent holders?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:So who has the greater right, the first holders who lost their holding, or the most recent holders?
Those who didn't lose their status as Dutch. And that's us, Kildare.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Israel v Palestine.. FIGHT! (it's an old argument...)

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Why not give one of us cyan?
I was actually considering giving that to Hurmu... (i.e. the Hurmudans who aren't citizens of a Shirithian duchy)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Cyan does seem a fitting color for Hurmu.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Scott of Hyperborea

What about Kildare using as their forum color the same color they use for all their links and stuff on this board? You know, that light purple? It would be appropriate.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:What about Kildare using as their forum color the same color they use for all their links and stuff on this board? You know, that light purple? It would be appropriate.
I would probably have said 'yes' if it hadn't become a matter of national proud!
This can only be solved by giving us our blue back!

Or maybe, if Straylight is prepared to pay us 100 erb... we can take the light purple... :evil

Scott of Hyperborea

Done and done!
I'm likin' this whole "solve problems through token sums of money" thing.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Done and done!
I'm likin' this whole "solve problems through token sums of money" thing.
:yay:

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Scott.. I think you deserve a bounty for using money to solve a problem! I'll make it happen.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”