Kildare Tour notebook

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Kaiser Leto III

Kildare Tour notebook

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Some notes about a possible Kildarian tour ( http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=12585 ).

Who does what?
1. Gareth draws the maps.
2. I write some texts, tries to put together a website, does certain other stuff.
3. Have to ask Ari some help to make a decent webpage (with a template to make easy edits like changing the 'advertisement banner'.
4. Have to ask people to help writing about the places that people can visit.

Ideas?
1. Get some profit from the tour (see here: http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 18#p146218 ).
2. Changing background: at night a dark one, when it's still day a sun.
3. Adding a picture of a guide. If you click on him or her, a page with a the full map opens in an other window.
4. Add secret places when most stuff has been done.
5. The people get started at Apollo City. While they have travelled in luxury, a lot of immigrants don't.
6. Maybe the SC Bank and the tour can be connected? That way, people can buy access to a certain page for a low price (5 erb) (if they are logged in, this should be remembered by the database, so nobody has to pay twice). Other possibilities are the creation of a shop where they buy an other lay-out.

Places that should be visited:
Priority #1:
- Apollo City: largest metropolis of Kildare and probably one of the oldest of Micras. The only city with a real skyline.
- Blackrock Nua: official capital of the Dutchy. Between the mountains.
- Port Nevermore: capital of Lumina's Light and largest city in the north.
- Hallucigrad: with its the famous library of the Halluci Empire.
- Mons Clistiro: coronation city.
-Destrykara: an important economic city. Home of major corporations.
- Temple of Ryvenna: houses the famous, and very powerful, Boomist stone.
- Ocean Palace: the old, former Jasonian palace at Lake Christoph. Full of weapons. Restricted access.

About the html / php-stuff: I don't know how to connect the tour with the Bank. It's just an idea (but I would love some help :) ).
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Bill3000

Re: Kildare Tour notebook

Post by Bill3000 »

I missed this, but who put the Ocean Palace at Lake Christoph? :confused No offense intended but it would seem kind of weird to put a Jasonian weapon in the heart of the territory of the enemy! (Shireroth)

Also if you care, I made a huge heightmap of Kildare proper. I know there's a zoomed in map already but eh.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Kaiser Leto III

Bill3000 wrote:I missed this, but who put the Ocean Palace at Lake Christoph? :confused No offense intended but it would seem kind of weird to put a Jasonian weapon in the heart of the territory of the enemy! (Shireroth)
That was the brilliant strategy behind it. I'm sure I can find back the topic about the expedition to the Ocean Palace in Lake Christoph. It was done by Andreas, so don't shoot the pianist. :p

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

It is strongly suggested in the more obscure FIoJ storylines that the Ocean Palace can move somehow. Just sayin'

As the creator of the more famous of the tours (Bill made one for the United Demesos that never quite caught on) I am willing to help on this project in certain ways but ONLY if you tell me straight up that you will never try to password it and make people pay to go in. Charging for advertisements or hidden pages is fine and in fact good ideas, but I strongly oppose passwords and entry fees.

Kaiser Leto III

Harvey Steffke wrote:It is strongly suggested in the more obscure FIoJ storylines that the Ocean Palace can move somehow. Just sayin'

As the creator of the more famous of the tours (Bill made one for the United Demesos that never quite caught on) I am willing to help on this project in certain ways but ONLY if you tell me straight up that you will never try to password it and make people pay to go in. Charging for advertisements or hidden pages is fine and in fact good ideas, but I strongly oppose passwords and entry fees.
Al right, it would also be rather irritating to login every time. But are you opposed to the idea of 'buying' an other lay-out? I don't think it will be very popular, but maybe it's the beginning of a small but profitable business...

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

I like this! It might even help me write a report on Kildarian history for the University.
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Gareth Arthur

Post by Gareth Arthur »

W.Payne wrote:I like this! It might even help me write a report on Kildarian history for the University.
Speaking of which, you need to read my posts in the defense of Kildare thread. Follow my instructions and I'll get you admitted to the University so that you can begin working on your degree.
Gareth Arthur X
The Count of Nova Dalmacija

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Bill3000 wrote:I missed this, but who put the Ocean Palace at Lake Christoph? :confused No offense intended but it would seem kind of weird to put a Jasonian weapon in the heart of the territory of the enemy! (Shireroth).
That was me. When we did the Jasonian Archaeology (of which the link is a summary of an adventure that crossed four forums) I needed a place to put the Ocean Palace that Harvey had kindly referenced for us. I settled on Lake Christoph, partly because it would be easy for Kildare to lay claim to subsequently; partly because I could get a riddle (albeit poor) for Lake Christoph, and partly because it did make sense that Jasonia would construct a secret base in the middle of enemy territory.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Speaking of Harvey referencing you, do you still have that fake diary thing I sent you a long time ago? I lost my copy when my old laptop crashed.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Fake diary ... as in the one for that expedition, or the ending to CoD 2? Assuming you sent it to my gmail, I should have everything you ever sent me.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Not the CoD2 one. It was a series of made-up journal entries Jason wrote about the events that lead up to founding of the FIoJ.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I volunteer to do one or two graphics for this if there's anything I can help with. You know the sort of things I am and amn't good at.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Andreas the Wise wrote:
Bill3000 wrote:I missed this, but who put the Ocean Palace at Lake Christoph? :confused No offense intended but it would seem kind of weird to put a Jasonian weapon in the heart of the territory of the enemy! (Shireroth).
That was me. When we did the Jasonian Archaeology (of which the link is a summary of an adventure that crossed four forums) I needed a place to put the Ocean Palace that Harvey had kindly referenced for us. I settled on Lake Christoph, partly because it would be easy for Kildare to lay claim to subsequently; partly because I could get a riddle (albeit poor) for Lake Christoph, and partly because it did make sense that Jasonia would construct a secret base in the middle of enemy territory.
I always thought that it was off the coast of Amity, especially considering the Jasonian Tour in which you take a boat from Amity to the Ocean Palace, perhaps to the northwest of it, but that would technically put it in Straylight today.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The FIoJ tour has you depart from Amity because that was where the JASO factories that was constructing it was located. You ride the boat in an unspecified direction for an unspecified time. The only clue to your surroundings is the ice, which implies it might be near the poles, or maybe the lake is just really cold.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”