On the subject of niftiness: heraldry?

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Shyriath

On the subject of niftiness: heraldry?

Post by Shyriath »

Would anyone happen to think a Kildari heraldic institute would be a good idea? Granting coats of arms and such?

Kaiseress Anandja I

Re: On the subject of niftiness: heraldry?

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

I would consider a Shirerithian heraldic institute to be extremely nifty. :kaiser
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Hmm, didn't Erik bring this up at some point and we began to discuss colours and designs, but never got around to doing it? If a heraldry office based in Kildare produced heraldry for Shireroth something like that, it'd be pretty cool!
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

The discussions did begin in Brookshire, and nothing came of them. Presumably the same thing will happen here.
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Hmm, didn't Erik bring this up at some point and we began to discuss colours and designs, but never got around to doing it? If a heraldry office based in Kildare produced heraldry for Shireroth something like that, it'd be pretty cool!
Very! :yay:
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kildare has many cultural differences with the other parts of Shireroth. I'm not sure we can say that Shirerithian heraldry is the same as Kildarian heraldry. :no
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Well, there's no reason why reasonable cultural differences in design shouldn't be accounted for by a heraldry office. Considering the diversity within Shireroth, it'd almost have to anyway.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Indeed, My Lord Dutch. But some people speak about standardization, what's almost impossible with the cultural differences.

Nevertheless, it has my support.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Prince Ísur-Ai

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

This certainly will be interesting...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Indeed, Your Highness (looking to the title of prince).

Prince Ísur-Ai

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

Thank you, my Seneschal. I do enjoy my visit here... so warm, so hot, so unlike the world I knew as a child. The Lands of Farewell, the Reaches of the Elw, are cold, even now. Have you ever been there, my Seneschal?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Prince Ísur-Ai wrote:Thank you, my Seneschal. I do enjoy my visit here... so warm, so hot, so nlike the world I knew as a child. The Lands of Farewell, the Reaches of the Elw, are cold, even now. Have you ever been there, my Seneschal?
I have visited them in my dreams, Your Highness. It gave me the feeling that I had to avoid that the same would happen in my barony. Nontheless, ages ago, the Kildarian Time War started and the coldness I feelt in my dreams became reality. Eventually, tensions rose and we had to go to war (a civil war between myself, as Dutch of Kildare, and Andreas, the Baron). The war ended with a status quo. But the coldness stayed by many disappointed Antyans. However, Sermolot will rise and the harts of the people will be warm again. :)

Let it be known, that Elws are welcome in Sermolot.

Oh... wait we're talking about temerature?! :D

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Jonas wrote:
Prince Ísur-Ai wrote:Thank you, my Seneschal. I do enjoy my visit here... so warm, so hot, so unlike the world I knew as a child. The Lands of Farewell, the Reaches of the Elw, are cold, even now. Have you ever been there, my Seneschal?
I have visited them in my dreams, Your Highness. It gave me the feeling that I had to avoid that the same would happen in my barony. Nontheless, ages ago, the Kildarian Time War started and the coldness I feelt in my dreams became reality. Eventually, tensions rose and we had to go to war (a civil war between myself, as Dutch of Kildare, and Andreas, the Baron). The war ended with a status quo. But the coldness stayed by many disappointed Antyans. However, Sermolot will rise and the harts of the people will be warm again. :)

Let it be known, that Elws are welcome in Sermolot.

Oh... wait we're talking about temerature?! :D
nI'd be checking for Lysergic acid diethylamide in your drinking water mate. Not that I put it there... oh no...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'd be checking for Lysergic acid diethylamide in your drinking water mate. Not that I put it there... oh no...
:surprise :angry

I really need to ban those Babhkans out of my land... OR SHOULDN'T I?! :shifty

Prince Ísur-Ai

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

Ah! Seneschal - you speak to my mind. Your words pierce me, they pierce my heart. For in our beliefs, Seneschal, it's all about dreams. We, Elw, await the eternal night of dreamful sleep. For in this world, all our dreams are singular. But in the next to come, dreams will be put together into one collectivity.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”