Name your Price

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Andreas the Wise

Name your Price

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. I talked on Nelaga about a meritocracy and how if all your money is earnt by *merit*, you should be able to buy positions with it - if someone really wants to get a role, they should be able to work hard and earn it.

So I'm naming my price. I don't expect any other Duke will do this but they're welcome to if they want. I'm putting my current price at 10 000 erb. If someone has 10 000 erb and would like to be Duke of Kildare, I swear on my honour as a Novatainian Pirate that I'll give them the Duchy in exchange for 10 000 erb. If you make the offer and can pay, I will accept.

Of course, if I leave it a while and my interest in the role increases, I might increase the price. But as soon as someone can fulfil the offer and accepts it, at whatever price I last posted for it, I'll do the deal.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Austi_Scot

Re: Name your Price

Post by Austi_Scot »

Well, while I'm not ready to be a Duke there may come a time.

However at the current rate of the economy and the possible tax of 30% I might want it before I can afford it.

At least all someone has to do is beat me up to take my title.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

Yeah, it *is* a high price but I do like being a Duke (though possibly not as much as I liked the idea of being a Duke when I wasn't).
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

*looks in pocket*

I have 20 :erb , a piece of juicyfruit gum, and ball of string...
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Andreas the Wise

Tempting, but no. :p
Q - Director of SAMIN

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Walks in, looks around*

Nice Dutchy.

I'll take it. :evil

*Whips out 10000 :erb * I can transfer when you're ready.

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

~Baron Scot stands off in the distance.~

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe ~ as he points at Duke Andreas ~
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

Former Citizen
Impartial Envisionor

What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

"Ah, good sir, I see you have inherited from the late Ari Rahikkala, once the richest man in Shireroth," Andreas said, at this surprising proposal.
"Why do you say 'once richest'?" Shyriath asked. "And he isn't dead yet, to my knowledge."
"Then he is extremely generous," Andreas replied. "However, when you transfer, the riches will be mine." If he was surprised to see such an offer made so fast, he did not show it. "Well, now I can retire back to my Barony, with a pile of gold." he said, with a smile. "I have been aware that I have not been able to give the Duchy the developmental time that it deserves, and would be ... wise ... to hand it over to one so well versed in the history of Shireroth as yourself. I'm sure you will manage it well. There just remain two small matters."
"Two matters?" asked Shyriath. "You said nothing about other matters in your offer. Where is your honour as a Novatainian pirate?"
"You would have to ask Mel'Kat that," Andreas said, with a smile. "But these are not ... obligations. One is merely a check, and the other, a personal request. The first - would you like to now run the Ruler account in the Kildarian economy, or will you steer clear of such matters?"
"I was not aware you had your own economy," Shyriath replied. "I have not been back long."
"Well, when you have had time to look into it, then return to me with your answer. Until then, I will manage it for you." Andreas wrote this down on a small piece of paper. Then he looked up again. "The second matter is a personal request. Though I could delay your ascension and pass a few decrees to say this, I have no legal power to bind my successors. You could reverse them if you like, and probably would, if I delayed your ascension just to do them. So, instead, I ask you this, as a request from a one-time Duke to another. I ask that you leave the Baronies as they currently are, and do not, by your Duchal power, rearrange them or overthrow their current leaders. I became Duke after what began as a Civil War about rearranging Baronies. I would prefer not to have to repeat the war. The borders stand now at a long term stable state. Baron Jonas deserves his position, after the long time he gave to the Duchy as Dutch. Baron Austi deserves his position, for his ancestral inheritance, and for how he has reinvigorated the Duchy. Baroness Carol deserves her position, for the countless years of service her family has given the Duchy, even if, at the present time, she is unwell. And I would like to think I deserve my position, for turning an unrelated bunch of plague-stricken counties into a Barony, uniting them in common cause, and sealing their allegiance to me by blood and victory. I happily ... relatively happily ..." he paused, and there was the impression he was adding up in his head. "I, with a producer surplus for the deal, give you my Duchy. You will have the power of the Landsraad vote, and the responsibility of overseeing this great, historic, arcane and battle-hardened Duchy. But I do not give you my Barony, or the Barony of any current Baron/ess, nor any of their counties. And I ask that you do not try to take them for yourself, save by the full agreement of those involved. I have already fought against one Dutch. I would prefer not to have to repeat it. It'd make it look like History hadn't learnt from its mistakes." At this he winked, and then bowed. Then he whistled. To the eternal surprise of all involved, what looked like a sailing ship, with propellers, suddenly zoomed down from the sky and landed outside, though many swore it had not been in the sky before that point. A crew of Melangian pirates swarmed over it, readjusting rigging and the like, and at the helm stood an honourable looking captain, who some of the servants recognised as Mel'Kat, once Admiral of the Atterockian Navy. "The crew are ready," Andreas said, smiling. "We merely await the big chest of gold you have for us, and the position is yours. You may well be the first person to buy a Duchy. That'll make History."
Q - Director of SAMIN

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

"And honored am I to be part of such history," replied Shyriath. He motioned two servants forward, who carried between them a heavy chest, full to overflowing with gold coins. "I agree to your request. I do not intend to wrest Baronies from anyone; indeed, I would not be inclined to do so even had you not asked me. I know that yourself and the other Barons, are both qualified and deserving of your places. If I feel that there are changes to be made, I will be all too happy to discuss them beforehand."

The chest was placed near the ship, to be secured with ropes and hauled aboard. "I would wish you prosperity," Shyriath said wryly to Andreas, "but it seems you have it already. I imagine you will make good use of your new treasure. ...Oh, incidentally, I would indeed appreciate it if you would continue to manage the Ruler account in my stead. Having not learned the intricacies of the local economy myself, I feel I am not yet qualified for that particular task."

Andreas the Wise

"I would be delighted to," Andreas said, bowing low. "I looking forward to working with you in Saenad after the Coronation."
Q - Director of SAMIN

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

Baron Scot takes a long look at the chest of gold from the distance. ... ummm,

~oh no, he thinks. now he's so rich he could buy so many ~ wait, best not think that aloud~
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

Former Citizen
Impartial Envisionor

What does the Cessor do?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Err... :o
Ooooohhhh! A coronation! Yay! :party
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Whhaaaaaaat! Someone actually called you on it?! AWESOME.

Andreas the Wise

And soon I will have the most massive army known to man!

Until Prodigy finishes the MoMA spending ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”