An Epoch for the Dutch

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Andreas the Wise

An Epoch for the Dutch

Post by Andreas the Wise »

OOC: For background, see here. Ideally, respond there too.

Dutch Bukolos was most surprised to find himself disturbed from his morning breakfast by a messenger, insisting that there was 'someone to see him on the front lawn,' who 'wouldn't take no for an answer'. Sighing, he made his way out to the lawn. This Dutchy seemed more effort than it was worth, some mornings ...

He was amazed to find that out in his front lawn was what looked very much like an Epoch. It was stamped with what looked like a Jasonian Eagle, though on second thoughts he realised it was the Nelagan one instead. It sounded like an Epoch. It had 'Epoch - Mark IV' written on the side. It was, in fact, an Epoch. Not one of the original ones, of course, but a prototype reconstructed from ancient Jasonian plans, still being tested by the Nelagan Department of Defence, and requisitioned for an emergency (not that the Dutch knew that yet). Standing outside it was a Nelagan marine, looking somewhat concerned.

"A message for you, sir," the marine said, walking towards the Dutch as soon as he had got outside. "I'm to await your response, or return with you for you to give it in person, whichever you prefer."
"I'm not accustomed to being disturbed from breakfast and demanded to read a message," the Dutch muttered, but the marine ignored this, and merely handed him the message. It was a scroll, and the Dutch recognised the seal as that of the High Priest of Sakat. 'What's Andreas doing writing to me from Nelaga?' the Dutch thought, before opening the scroll and reading it.
Greetings to knowledgeable Shyriath Bukolos, once High Priest of Ba'Caw and expert on all things Cedrist, from the High Priest of Sakat.

The knowledge of you and your line on the deeper matters of our great religion have been legendary for many ages. As your loyal Baron to his mighty Dutch, I beg this boon from you - that you answer my questions three.
1. If Lumina is the mother of Malarbor, who is his father?
2. When may we expect your History of the Third Age?
3. Hypothetically speaking, if there were a large group of Balgurdian Demons who had been discovered lurking in one of the caverns under the island of Nelaga, deep beneath those tunnels which house the Anti-grav engines; and if said demons had murdered everyone who'd come near, and driven most of the survivors mad; and if perchance some people managed to get down without being murdered, and found some of said demons dancing around a glowing red portal to Balgurd, gabbing away in their foreign lingo, and all missing their shadows; and with some daemon fish (also shadowless); and a shadowy thing were growing in the centre of the portal as they were chanting around it ... hypothetically, why and what would they be doing?

I understand you are a busy and important man. Answer the first two questions at your leisure, but the third question (purely hypothetically, of course) is a matter of some urgency. If you would be so kind as to give it your consideration and either answer to this marine; or return with him to Nelaga to answer it in person, I would be most appreciative. The fate of Nelaga does not at all in any non-hypothetical way rest in your hands.

Sincerely,
Baron Andreas the Wise
High Priest of Sakat
Helping out in Nelaga.
Shyriath read the third question again. He had the strangest feeling it was meant to be taken more seriously than all this 'hypothetically-speaking' business suggested ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Shyriath

Re: An Epoch for the Dutch

Post by Shyriath »

(OOC: Muhahahaha, niftiness. I'll reply there shortly.

...This reminds me, though, I wonder if I can get my old Head Priest position back. B'caw calls me!)

Andreas the Wise

Re: An Epoch for the Dutch

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Many thanks Shyriath. I have no idea what to do with the beast I've introduced to the story, figured you might :angel
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”