The County of Byzantia

vasroe

The County of Byzantia

Post by vasroe »

A while ago, my ailing micro-nation, the Principality of Byzantia, was annexed into Shireroth, where it became a County and I was decreed its Count.

Having just recently rediscovered the Kaiser's decree making this so, I would like to know whether the decree is still in effect. If it is, I want to have a forum established for the County. The Decree is as follows:
Imperial Decree #201: The County of Byzantia

Issued by Kaiser Yarad I

On this day, Fishday, the 22nd of Vanchauslurk, it is hereby decreed:

By request of Prince Vasroixe, the Principality of Byzantia is annexed into the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. It will become a County, with Vasroixe receiving the title of Count, and will act according to the laws and regulations concerning all territories of the same stature. It shall be marked as Shirerithian territory on all relevant maps.

We are grateful to our newest citizen for the great gift he has given to our nation, and hope our reward is gladly received. We wish him happiness and success in his new County, one of the first virgin territories to partake in the revamped feudal system, and take this opportunity to wish all Counts, Barons and Dukes luck in their endeavours.

By my hand, His Niftiness, Yarad, First of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Protector of Comstokia, Overlord of the Duchies of Brookshire, Kildare and Yardistan, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight of the Sunburst, Kampioen of Shireroth, Recipient of the Grand Collar of the Nishan i-Rastakhiz, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, Lieutenant of Blackrock, Prince of Hvalafell, Scion of Kalir, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.
The text of the decree was located here on the ShireWiki: http://www.shireroth.org/shirewiki/Imperial_Decree_201

Regards,

Mateu Vasroe

Kaiser Reynardine I

Re: The County of Byzantia

Post by Kaiser Reynardine I »

I don't think anything was ever said otherwise within my memory, although Yarad was quite a bit before my time.

If nothing else, I'm sure I can make it happen.

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

Thank you, Your Highness. :)

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

I am curious as to whether someone might have any information as to when the forum for the County of Byzantia will be restored?

In addition, to anyone who might know (and that includes you, Duke Iskander), do I need to be in direct contact with any specific Peer or set of Peers? Or, for that matter, the Duchy of Elwynn's Council? (When I had applied for Port Illumination and Byzantia to join into a Barony, which eventually fell apart due to my Port Illumination counterpart's absences, we needed to get the approval of a higher peer.)

Interestingly, Byzantia seems to be unique among most counties. Both the County itself and my status as its Count were enhactedby Imperial Decree, a ruling of the Kaiser himself (or herself). I understand that Imperial Decrees are a high form of law here in Shireroth (though I profess to be no expert on the Shirerithian legal system). Therefore--unless a higher form of law or another Imperial Decree has voided it--one could argue that Byzantia has remained perpetually in existence, albeit quite dormant, for quite some time.

Kaiser Reynardine I

I'd prefer for Duke Iskander to address this before I try anything...

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

A bit of research has indicated that Byzantia eventually became Lesser Automatica which eventually became Bjorngard, although it seems that at some time in the past most of the territory was carelessly lost (see map). As what little remains is now part of the Barony of Kai-Raikoth, I have requested that this matter be given due consideration by the incumbent Baron.
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

Interesting. I would like to see Shireroth regain all the former Byzantian land at some point. Hopefully the Baron will be generous enough to grant what remains to Byzantia, and endorse the creation of a forum for us.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Vasroe, everyone here would like to see Shireroth regain some more land somewhere. Unfortunately, the current MCS climate makes it impossible for us to expand ....
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

What if the historic owner of the land makes a joint request with us? Worth a shot?

Kaiser Reynardine I

Andreas the Wise wrote:Vasroe, everyone here would like to see Shireroth regain some more land somewhere. Unfortunately, the current MCS climate makes it impossible for us to expand ....
From what I hear, this is your fault, no? :document

Andreas the Wise

Actually, it's the fault of the nation for being almost bigger than Russia, according to Spangle :p
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Oze

Post by Oze »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Vasroe, everyone here would like to see Shireroth regain some more land somewhere. Unfortunately, the current MCS climate makes it impossible for us to expand ....
Are we still allowed to annex other nations? :confused
Aaak!
Baron Oze of Ynnraile
Count of Highpass
Member of the Order of the Northern Star
Goldshirerithian, Brookshirerithian
Follower of Biternion, Spleazure and Rhodondra

Andreas the Wise

Possibly. We haven't pushed the matter yet.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Elwynn”