A proposal to the Duke (or Steward, probably)

Ari Rahikkala

A proposal to the Duke (or Steward, probably)

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I've been working on the consistentified map of Shirithian baronies and counties, and let me tell you, Elwynn is one screwed up place :smashy. The stuff in the cartographic consistency thread is just what I saw looking merely at the maps - you guys haven't even been turning the ways you've been muddying the waters even further into maps yet.

There's decree XXIII. Apparently the unnamed county with Glenfiddich in it, previously known as Smjörkýr, more previously known as Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir is not actually supposed to exist - its lands were meant to go to Lesser Zjandaria (presumably the southern piece with which it shares a border). I'm pretty sure that would make Lesser Zjandaria take up more than 50% of the area of Elwynn. It's like a tumor that keeps on growing and metastatizing :(.

There's also Scott's Crusade to Rename Everything. Now I hope that some of that stuff won't go through - I'm rather fond of the name Caligae myself. On the other hand, there's good stuff in it, like finally getting rid of all of the Lesser Zjandarias. (though I do think we should rename one of them to Awesomer Zjandaria)

h people shooting around all these renamings and rearrangements, why, I feel quite inclined to join in. Here's my proposal for a new order of Elwynnese counties (or earldoms or whatever you want them called again):

The counties: Byzantipol, Nesfarvel, Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir, Lokithiat, Illumination, Eliria and Utasia, Alumikoth, Wintergleam and Hyperborea.

Araxion is folded into Nesfarvel, making it a neat if Chile-shaped coastal county. We already lost Araxion once to Atkins and it's only a shadow of its former self anyway. I think it's best to let go so we can make Nesfarvel a little bit more than a tiny frozen nub in the far north.

Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir makes its triumphant return, claiming for itself some area from Lokithiat (previously southern Lesser Zjandaria) to make the borders that much more geographic.

Lokithiat is debabkhanised.

Alumikoth, previously northeastern Lesser Zjandaria, becomes a new county through debabkhanisation and a general return of sanity. It contains the city of Alumelith (previously Vijayar), its surrounding area, and the Cimmerian Isles. (the label might have to be moved somewhere where it's more obvious what it points at)

How does this sound?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: A proposal to the Duke (or Steward, probably)

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

You can't fix Elwynn. Only a Duke or Steward completely reworking the system can fix Elwynn. We need to get rid of some Zjandarias, at the very least, but I think the problem is deeper than that. Making Baronies again would help. When Ric or Eoin gets back, I'll bring it up with them. The Hyperborean names are really only my personal preference - a stopgap measure, if you will. I don't really expect them to catch on...though they might form a part of whatever the appropriate authorities eventually settle on, if the appropriate authorities are sympathetic to de-Babkhanization.

(oh, as part of the Crusade To Rename Everything, Byzantipol's Bjorngard again).

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

I did put in a request for a Barony exactly a month ago, so feel free to add your own. :)
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:You can't fix Elwynn. Only a Duke or Steward completely reworking the system can fix Elwynn.
'Tis why it's a proposal :document
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

New county boundaries based on geography!

A few things. I don't like renaming things. Names are there and have a history. History ought to be respected. In fictional story, Elwynn has a large minority of Ardashirians (whose ancestors are from Babkhan) and they are equal to the other Elwynnese.

What we could do, however, is to erect new cities.

Also, we'd need names for the counties.

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Ric is back! :party
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

A few things. I don't like renaming things. Names are there and have a history. History ought to be respected. In fictional story, Elwynn has a large minority of Ardashirians (whose ancestors are from Babkhan) and they are equal to the other Elwynnese.
I am respecting history. I'm respecting the history of the Babkhans oppressing everyone else in Elwynn and incurring their hatred, developed in such detail by Ardashir. That's why everyone else is so eager to gang up on the Babkhans and get rid of them now that it's politically popular to do so.

I like your new county boundaries, though.

Return to “Elwynn”