Ducal Decree XIX

Aurangzeb Khan

Ducal Decree XIX

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Ducal Decree XIX
3264 ASC

Ardashir Khan Osmani, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Khan of Vijayanagara, Duke of Elwynn & Count of Lesser Zjandaria, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.

Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place granted to Zurvan this Ordinance which by his Kharenah is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.

An Ordinance for the Issuing of a Writ of Summons to the Earls of the Duchy of Elwynn, and the rendering of homage to the Ducal Throne

1. Upon the occassion of our accession to the ducal throne we do hereby give notice to the Earls of our Realm that we shall expect them to attend upon our person at the Palace of One Thousand Columns in the City of Ardashirshahr by no later than 3281 ASC and to render commendatio to us.

2. The Earls shall appear before us bareheaded and unarmed, bearing gifts of earth and water from the lands they hold in our name and shall recite the following oath of fealty:
i. "I promise on my faith that I will in the future be faithful to Duke Ardashir, to never cause him harm and will observe my homage to him completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit."

3. Upon the rendering of homage we shall then confer upon the Earls our mundeburdium or Kharenah and with that our mandate for them to continue to rule in our name for so long as their service is pleasing to us and to the common weal of this our ducal realm.

4. Should any Earl fail to heed our Writ within the alloted time then we shall declare their title and their lives forefit and subject their lands to such desecration and despoilation as is fitting for the punishment of the unrighteous.

5. This Ordinance shall come into effect immediately upon the date of its issue.

Given this day at the Palace of One Thousand Columns in the City of Ardashirshahr, Elwynn

Kaiser Ayreon

Re: Ducal Decree XIX

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

I cannot swear an oath of fidelity to you... I'm your superior :kaiser

But I don't need a county on the other hand. I have enough on my hands ruling an empire!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Your Majesty could delegate that task to a minion.

(ie. Invent a character, and let him do it on your behalf).

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Hmmm... I'll see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Glad I'm not a Count.
(do something about all the County forums on top here, it's too much scrolling work before reaching the main board)

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Is there a reason why the Hyperborea forums aren't listed ANYHERE?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Glad I'm not a Count.
(do something about all the County forums on top here, it's too much scrolling work before reaching the main board)
The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote: 8. All baronies are, with immediate effect, to be abolished.
i. We shall, if need arises, establish margravates as agglomerations of counties to better serve the interests of the Duchy.
I guess there's a need now :p

Hesam Jayatar wrote:Is there a reason why the Hyperborea forums aren't listed ANYWHERE?
Hyperborea technically doesn't have a count and the policy I've been following is that counties are only listed on the forum front page if they have a count... this isn't written down in law anywhere though, so... hm... *considers creating an official ministry policy regarding which forums are listed and where*
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Hyperborea technically doesn't have a count and the policy I've been following is that counties are only listed on the forum front page if they have a count... this isn't written down in law anywhere though, so... hm... *considers creating an official ministry policy regarding which forums are listed and where*
Did Hesam quit? Where's this?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Uhh... :fish

* ponders some kind of an authoritative reference on who's the leader of which subdivision... *
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

I always just check the forum to see who the moderator is :D

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Ari,

Hesam was only sacked as Duke. He is for the time being still Earl of Hyperborea.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Earl is it now? La de da....

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Constructive as always mr Black Knight.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Who cares about whether one person's posts are constructive? These days so many people are doing stuff we can afford to have people posting just for the ppd. :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Scott of Hyperborea

So...why no Baronies, and what's with "Earls"?

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Earl is the title for a count in Britain...
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Isn't Count above Baron irl? (Off topic and irrelevant, just wondering)
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

RL (Britain):
Duke
Marquis/Marquess
Count/Earl
Viscount
Baron
---
Baronet
Knight
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Black Knight? Coming from the opportunist in the midst of Veterans and Herbivores..

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Just submit the bloody oath...

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I, Hesam Jayatar, Swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepios and Hygeia and Panacea and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.

Hesam Jayatar,

The Probably Sacked Earl of Hyperborea,

12 Somnisday, 3267 ASC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Congratulations on your promotion Scott.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Enjoy!

Scott of Hyperborea

I'm (don't remind anyone) not even technically a citizen here. Hesam is and remains Count of Hyperborea. But I'd be happy to help him in any revolt against you that he might be planning. We were soooo close to getting a Barony!

...OH NO MY I'S HAVE ALL LOST THEIR DOTS!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Would have happened as well if Ric hadn't removed me as Duke. Nice of him since he would have lost the succession battle without my support, but whatever. Yes, fine, I'm still bitter. I'm allowed.

So now I'm stick here with Scott The 'thanks for saving Hyperborea from Harald, I'm cutting off your blood, you're not royal anymore' Sis**nd, Ric The "thanks for making me Kaiser, You're not Duke anymore" Lyon, and Ardashir The "Oh are we kicking someone when they're down? Mind if I have a go?" Khan.

Fuck it, I'm considering changing Duchies at this point.

Scott of Hyperborea

You didn't "save" Hyperborea from anyone. If I remember right, I was hanging out doing my own thing when you joined and requested the Count position from Harald. and when I asked why you said something like that you wanted to throw me for a loop and get power over me. I was fine with it then, and I'm fine wiI don't feel like I owe you anything.

It's not even that I'm personally mad at you or anything, but did you really expect, on role-playing grounds, to break an oath when you're in a family named for the God of Justice in a society that worships Truth as their chief god, and get away with it scot-free?

Anyway, give me the word, and I'll help you with any revolt to restore yourself to the dukeship.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Rather not, have my own plan.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Hesam,

We did discuss this thoroughly. I understand why you're upset... Maybe I shouldn't have done what I did, maybe it was my mistake to judge you too harshly for how you behaved after the demise of the last kaiser. I will always be grateful for what yodid for me, but as kaiser I couldn't let you, you know, do what you did towards others.

If you want to talk, you can always come to me on MSN or PM me. I'll be happy to talk there.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

No, it's fine, I'm working on a project so there's no problem, I'm allowed to be bitter, thats just the way it goes.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Completely off-topic (though as a side note I am rather enjoying this): Scott, what kind of keyboard are you typing on? Your i's are weird like.

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “Elwynn”