Ducal Decree XVI : On the Ducal Throne of Froyalan

Harald of Froyalan

Ducal Decree XVI : On the Ducal Throne of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Ducal Decree XVI

To all persons, both Noble and Common, to whom these Presents shall come, Greetings:

WHEREAS We have had an excellent and most enjoyable time as Duke of Froyalan;

AND WHEREAS We feel time has come to pass on the Ducal Throne of Froyalan;

LET IT THEREFORE BE KNOWN that We, Harald of Ettlingar Freyu, Duke of Froyalan, Baron of Fórntida Kærleikalanden, Count of Wintergleam, do by this Our Ducal Instrument, in the exercise of Our Most Ancient Prerogative Ducal, decree that:

Ein. Our Ducal Instrument known within Our Most Magnificent Duchy of Froyalan as Ducal Decree IV shall, upon the coming into effect of this Our Ducal Instrument, be repealed. At the self-same instance the Ducal Throne of Froyalan shall pass to Hesam Jahandar.

Tveir. This Our Ducal Instrument shall come into effect immediately.

I djúpinu hár dit gívit oss glédina at átá, gilda o gárna dit innannemnda, órd fur órd, som lá.

Given at Our Hall in Eliria, in Our Couhe Thirteenth Day of the Month Himinbjorg in the Seventh Year of the Second Viking Age.

Harald of Ettlingar Freyu, Duke of Froyalan, Baron of Fórntida Kærleikalanden, Count of Wintergleam.

Krasniy Yastreb

Re: Ducal Decree XVI : On the Ducal Throne of Froyalan

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

I see the hand of Verethragna is manifest once more... :kaiser

Ah well, long live Duke Hesam! Long live Froyalan! :party
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Well, Harald, congratulations on a long tenure successfully resisting Babkhan assassination attempts and presiding over the expansion of Elw...Froyalan into probably Shireroth's largest and most active Duchy.

Hesam, congratulations on your ascension to the Ducal throne. You've made Hyperborea very proud.

If I may make a suggestion - new Baronies, with borders that reflect political realities and pronounceable names. Barony of Hyperborea containing Hyperborea, Cimmeria, Bjorngard, under yourself. Barony of [long Viking name] containing Wintergleam, Eliria, Illumination, under Harald. Barony of Lesser Zjandaria, containing the triple Lesser Zjandarias plus Iserdia, under Ardashir.

Maybe do something about all those Zjandarias too.

Oh...and rename ELWYNN! The time is now!

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Congratulations, Hesam. You have my support as Duke of the lands of Elwynn! May you reign wisely and happily over the diverse nations which together form the mosaic that Elwynn is.

Harald, thank you for ruling the Duchy in stability and prosperity. Your reign has brought these benefits to the children of Elwynn.

-

As to the proposals Scott had, I will soon post my own, before you, My Lord Duke, make any decisions that will affect the good people of the lands of the Holy River.

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Thank you gents, and especially Scott who is obviously chomping at the bit for reform. As my retirement policy is now secured, I will begin reforms as soon as the time is appropriate to abdicate as Kaiser. Which looks rather near.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

My congratulations to His Imperial Majesty on the occassion of his elevation to the ducal throne.

The Khan of Vijayanagara would like to invite His Grace to attend a conference in Ardashirshahr to discuss the nature of the future amicable settlement of Elwynn.

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Thank you, gents. It was a pleasure. :)
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

A good show by all. (On reforms, could you name the newer ones Harold expanded into. And add a couple extra cities. These huge blank swathes of land ...)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Well, central Elwynn is a big vast emptiness. Tundra in the north, steppe further south and then further down a horrible desert. But a few more cities shouldn't hurt too much.

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

I was contemplating a caste system. I know its a bit odd, but Elywnn does enjoy a great deal of diversity. As a Babkhan, I can't help but exploit that fact.
The Khan of Vijayanagara would like to invite His Grace to attend a conference in Ardashirshahr to discuss the nature of the future amicable settlement of Elwynn.
Absolutely, However I won't be able to write a proper narrative this evening, is tomorrow acceptable?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Tomorrow would be perfect. I shall begin at once preparations to ensure you a generous welcome.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Congratulations on Your Niftiness's expanded responsibilities. May Froylan/Elwynn continue to prosper as it has and as has Shireroth under your wisdom.

May I be so bold as to inquire on Past Duke Harald's plans for the future?
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jess

Post by Jess »

What about the names?

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Harald--

Congratulations on a job well done. You have kept a duchy with many disparate ethnicities peaceful and prosperous, a great feat indeed. And you have always been a friend to us, and for that we thank you.

Hesam--

Comgratulations on your ascension to the ducal throne. May your reign be auspicious and prosperous.

Return to “Elwynn”