The Eliria-Glenfiddich Railroad

Scott of Hyperborea

The Eliria-Glenfiddich Railroad

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The Eliria-Glenfiddich Railroad was built back in the days of Kaiser Los II to transport the rich timber and mineral resources of northern Elwynn to the Duchy's capital, where it could be loaded on river barges and sent down the Elwynn to Shirekeep, Musica, or beyond.

Despite being only two hundred miles long, it was a significant construction achievement for the Duchy because of the many hills and rivers it had to cross, not to mention the near-freezing conditions constantly endured by the workmen. Although the Baron of Lesser Zjandaria offered a convenient supply of slave labor, the Duke of Elwynn refused, saying that the future of Elwynn should be forged by free men, though his principled decision may have been influenced by his fears that Zjandaria was becoming too powerful and would make a bid for control of the railway.

During the days when thanes loyal to Stormark controlled most of North Elwynn, the Kaiser took direct control of the railroad for strategic reasons. If Stormark made a bid for power in the North, his ability to transport troops quickly to Iseirdia would be vital in reasserting Shirerithian control of the region. The railroad is still nominally under the joint control of the royal and the ducal governments, but since Stormarker influence declined in the north the Crown has not seen fit to intervene in its management.

I drew this picture of the Eliria-Glenfiddich Railroad in Bryce 3D, with the text and the flower logo added on later in PaintShop. It's my first time using the program and once I get better at it I'd like to draw all sorts of other Shirerithian landmarks.

Image[/img]

benkern

Post by benkern »

Awesomeness, Scott. :)

How long did it take you?
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I've been working on it haphazardly for a few weeks, but only because I'm learning the program. Now that I know what I'm doing things shouldn't take so long.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Nice :) I like it.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Very nice! :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Very nice indeed. :)

Return to “Elwynn”