The County of Bjorngard

Ryan

The County of Bjorngard

Post by Ryan »

With the blessings of the all-powerful Kaiseress, I am following through with my idea to create a unique county. Based on my earlier ideas to do something with Akerbjorn, I've come up with my own unique concept called Bjorngard (Bear Guard). Bjorngarder culture and society is based primarily on Hyperborean-Volsaarn stock, but leans into Viking mythology, Narnia and a some Michael Crichton for a little fantasy. This shall all be fleshed out and explained in due time.

Bjorngard will comprise the current county of FIRSCOGA. Since it consists of an island plus a swath of the mainland, the two locations will receive two names. The island shall henceforth be called Drakenoya (Dragon Island) and the swath of mainland Wendoland (Wendol/Grendel Land). To the north of Wendoland is a small island which shall be called Norfae. Together these three shall comprise the whole of Bjorngard. The seat of administration and (thus far) only city of note shall be Hyfrost in Wendoland.

Mapped as follows:

Drakenoya is so named because the shape of the island is distinctly like that of a dragon longship pointing eastwards to Hyperborea. Wendoland is so named because of the Wendol (Bjornvolk/Bear People) who inhabit it and serve as the Bear Guards of the northern reaches. The coastline also exhibits a rough outline of a bear sitting on its hind legs. Norfae is home to the Ice Fairies and is a sacred place visited by only a few select individuals.

A new standard shall be raised for the Bjorngarders, displayed as follows:

Our anthem:
Lo, there do I see my father
Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters
and my brothers
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back
to the beginning
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them
in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever...
More information on Bjorngard shall follow shortly as I begin to construct a wiki page (rather than another pointless website) for the county.

And, above all, the reason I am posting this here is because Bjorngard is declaring its loyalty to Northhold. Thus, I am also at the beck and call of the upper echelon of this duchy's nobles. :worship :kaiser
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Hertug Gordon II

Post by Hertug Gordon II »

That County looks pretty cool- nice flag as well.

Are you interested in writing a contract to be signed to officially join Northhold?

Hertug Gordon II

Also, good call on the Wiki Page. I wonder if I should just adopt that idea as well...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yes, I'd like to make out a contract if it's necessary and simply just to follow proper protocol. I'm not quite sure how to though....

I guess I have some reading to do.

And yeah, I think the Wiki is the best way to go. It centralises everything on one host and we also don't have to worry about the sites being deleted in the future.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Hertug Gordon II

Well, I guess the first thing is choosing a Barony to join- either Woodbridge or Cromsfist.

Or you can find another county to join with you and form your own Barony.

If you just join an existing Barony the contract will be pretty straight forward.

Sir Ophiuchus

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

For reference, the Barony of Cromsfist is very ... well ... Conan. I'm not sure how well that'll fit with the theme for your county. However, if you still want to join Cromsfist, I'll be happy to have you!
I dislike arguments: they are always vulgar, and often convincing.
- Oscar Wilde

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Cimmeria was named for Howard's Conan the Barbarian stories. One of the five islands in the archipelago is called Cromsland. Earlier, when I was based in Volsung, the Volsaarn Paladins also drew a lot of influence from Conan. So yeah, it is carrying over the Norse mythology and Conan-ish style into Bjorngard.

So Cromsfist it is!

Hertug Gordon II

Ok well do you two want to write up a contract?

Also, because Cromsfist now has 3 Counties, we should re-align the voting because Woodbridge has two.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm not too interested in the voting aspects. So if you want to divvy them between the two of you, that's fine. I'm in it for the creative writing and design. Dunno how that all works anyways.

Also, if one of you could draft a contract, that'd be a big help, as I've no idea how to (haven't had time to read everything yet)...

But I have started putting together a Wiki page!
http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/index.php?title=Bjorngard

Hertug Gordon II

I'll draft the contract giving the extra votes we get through your county's addition to Comsfist.

Again, welcome, the Wiki page looks excellent by the way.

Sir Ophiuchus

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

*deep voice* A new power is rising...

:)

Seriously, though, welcome to Cromsfist. Hopefully we can make a cultural name for ourselves in the future.

John, if you want to split the votes according to our original contract (even/even with 1 remaining to you) that's fine by me.
I dislike arguments: they are always vulgar, and often convincing.
- Oscar Wilde

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

If anyone's interested, the short-story The Legend of Hyfrost has been completed on the Wiki page.

Return to “Elwynn”