Discuss: Contract of Elwynn

RicLyon

Discuss: Contract of Elwynn

Post by RicLyon »

We have to write up a contract within three days now. Here's my proposal (as Count of Eliria and Utasia)Contract of Elwynn1.The Counties of Elwynn hereby establish among themselves the Duchy of Elwynn.2.The executive and legislative powers of the Duchy of Elwynn are vested in the Duke. He may delegate some of them to the People of Elwynn and/or to fiefdoms under him.3.The judicial powers of the Duchy are vested in the Supreme Court of Elwynn. The judicial powers of the Court shall extend to civil and criminal matters, and to conflicts stemming from this Contact. The responsibilities of the High Court of Elwynn shall be overtaken by the Supreme Court.4.The Duke of Elwynn is Ric Lyon Andelarion. Should he resign, decease or be dethroned, the successor shall be determined by the Counts of Elwynn in a meeting headed by the Chief Justice.5.All Elwynnese laws in force prior to the date of enforcement of this Contract shall remain valid in Elwynn. Only provisions in them inconsistent with this document shall be rendered invalid. 6.For the purposes of this document, the term “Counties of Elwynn” shall be defined as – all counties (at least four) of Shireroth signing this Contract before it enters force; or– the above plus any county that after that date adhere to this Contract.7. If a county wishes to join Elwynn it shall post that publicly in Elwynn’s forums. If two thirds of the counties of Elwynn agree to the new county’s adherence to this Contract, then that County will have joined Elwynn.8.Two or more counties of Elwynn may form a barony within Elwynn.9.Any changes to this Contract requires unanimous consent from all Counties of Elwynn.10.This Contract is in force until the first day of Biternionsmoon, corresponding to the seventh day of July, 2006.11.This contract enters force on the ___.

Bill3000

Re: Discuss: Contract of Elwynn

Post by Bill3000 »

Need to create Baronies first. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

WTF?Fine.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

That's it - we will all have to pair into baronies now, with each barony having a baron.We have six counties to form three baronies.

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Your Grace,When you next have AIM or MSN on, contact me. I have a cunning plan.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I'm looking foward to hearing it. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

By the way: I would recommend defining "Counties of Elwynn" in the first clause. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

You don't need to create Baronies if you have five counties. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

No need to form Baronies at all. You can have a Duchy composed entirely of Counties.The prerequisities are for newly forming Duchies more than anything. A union of two Baronies need only four Counties altogether. However, a union of independent Counties into a Duchy needs a minimum of five. I believe you have more than that here, so it shouldn't be a problem.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

That's what I thought, but now I'm confused. Conflicting information. I want the Contract as safe as possible without loopholes before we hand it it on Monday (Kaiser in his infinite wisdom granted us a clemency).So things we need to overcome in our discussions:BaroniesDo we need/want them, if so - what kind of powers should they have?How do we contract baronies? Ardy's idea was incorporating the establishments of baronies in the main ELwynnese contract.Because if each Barony has seperate contracts, they may conflict with the ducal contract.My wifeYes, she is a problem at the moment. I can't get hold of her and any contract would need unanimous consent to cover for all of Elwynn. I'm worried she'll sign the contract too late. Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Leave her out of it. I'm assuming you have enough Counties without her input. If she shows up again later on you could write another contract between the already-existing Duchy of Elwynn and her County.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

...or put in a clause in the contract for incoming counties at a later date. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Or, claim your Honorary Countship over her county until she returns and vote in her stead.Also... though baronies are nice (and being baron is awesome) I dont think Elwynn is ready for that yet.Let's stay a 5+ county Duchy until we can all develop our cultures, at which point perhaps cultures that are similiar can become Baronies.

vesteralen

Post by vesteralen »

I'm willing to sign the contract.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

That is excellent, my dear and beloved wife. Now that is sorted. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

I'm in as well.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Well... After hearing from the Kaiser, and my fellow residents of Elwynn, together with the legal advice of the Chief Justice, I have proposed a new contract (it's basically the same, but with the articles more clarified plus a better article on how to create new baronies):1. The Counties of Elwynn; Araxion, Eliria and Utasia, Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir, Lac Glacei, Lesser Zjandaria, and Port Illumination; henceforth shall be bound together to form the singular Duchy of Elwynn.2. The executive and legislative powers of the Duchy of Elwynn are vested in the Duke. In turn, the Duke may delegate certain of these powers to citizens of Elwynn's various Counties.3. The judicial powers of the Duchy are vested in the Supreme Court of Elwynn. The judicial powers of the Court shall extend to civil and criminal matters, and to conflicts deriving from this Contact. The responsibilities of the High Court of Elwynn shall be overtaken by the Supreme Court.4. The first Duke of Elwynn shall be Richard Lyon Andelarion, Count of Eliria and Utasia. The Ducal succession shall be determined by the Counts of Elwynn; who shall meet no more than five (5) days upon the vacancy of the Duchy to select the successor by a vote of simple majority. This meeting will be headed by the Chief Justice of Elwynn.5. All Elwynnese laws in force prior to the date of enforcement of this Contract shall remain valid in Elwynn. Should any such laws present be in conflict with this Document, the favour will always fall to the Contract.6.For the purposes of this document, the term “Counties of Elwynn” shall be defined as– the Counties mentioned in Section 1 of this Contract; and/or– the above plus any county that, after this Contract takes affect, agree to adhere to this Contract.7. If a county wishes to join Elwynn it shall post that publicly in Elwynn’s forums. If two thirds of the counties of Elwynn agree to the new county’s adherence to this Contract, then that County will have joined Elwynn.8. Should two or more Counties wish to associate themselves with each other and form a Barony, they shall make a joint petition to the Duchy. The Duke of Elwynn will then call together a meeting of all Counties to discuss the rights, privileges, duties, and other particulars of the new Barony's creation. The Duke, along with Counsel from the Chief Justice of Elwynn, shall then make a decision as to the inclusion of the new Barony.9.Any changes to this Contract requires unanimous consent from all Counties of Elwynn.10.This Contract is in force until the first day of Biternionsmoon (2527), corresponding to the seventh day of July, 2006.11.This contract enters force on Semisa’s second day of Vanchauslurk (2292), corresponding to the fourteenth day of November, 2005.

sovereignvikingemperor

Signed,Harald Thorstein, Count of Araxion.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

While I'm glad that you support this we can't really have it signed until everybody agrees to it. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Sir Iain de Vembria

Post by Sir Iain de Vembria »

Well, I agree with it. Chancellor of the Sovereign Order of Treesia

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Oh I agree with it most certainly.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Excellent, Oz? Wife? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

I'll agree to it.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Excellent Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

vesteralen

Post by vesteralen »

I also agree to the contract.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

This is good. Very good Glad we all can stick together. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

All counts, please sign here:p211.ezboard.com/fshirero...ID=8.topic

sovereignvikingemperor

L' Union fait la force!!

Return to “Elwynn”