The Culture of Elwynn

Emir of Raspur

The Culture of Elwynn

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Mari, as this was once your patch could you please provide me with a run down of Elwynn's culture, give me something to work with and what not.I've kept the legend of the white stagg up, was anymore of that ever done by your goodself?

Phoenix the Risen

Re: The Culture of Elwynn

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

I always remembered Scott as Duke of Elwynn, so you may want to ask him as well. Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Here's what I have from my tenure as Duke here...Mari may have changed some or all of it.Elwynn was originally the Duchy of Northshire, created by cartographers to fill in the blank space on the map between Goldshire and Brookshire. It was named Elwynn after the river than ran through it, which was in turn named after a place in WarCraft. Because the Treesians believed in a goddess who lived here and whose symbol was a white orchid, the flag of Elwynn became a white flower. The people, somewhat savage, were influenced by the Cimmerians to the north and the Hyperboreans to the northeast before being conquered and made a part of Shireroth.For further reading, I suggest:http://www.geocities.com/apollos...lwyn ... lwynn.html

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

At least the people are somewhat savage. That's a start.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hey, Ard, you used to be all up in Unorthodoxy, you could use the savage's primitive beliefs in the volcano-dwelling white goddess and turn them to your own primitive beliefs, that of a magical man called the Artakhshatra who will triumph over Ahriman, despite the fact that they're one and the same, and both hoodwinking old Zurvan, a fact proven by the maniacal ravings of Kia Mansoor. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'Taras

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Elwynn has been an Elvish Duchy during the reign of Sirithil and during my reign as the Duchess of Elwynn. The Throne of Elwynn was passed to me by Sirithil along with the Barony of Novi Dalmacia. I was the last Thane of Shiereoth.****Because of Elvish Magick the once harsh climate of Elwynn was tamed. Making the land fertile and the temperature not to hot nor too cold.Even those who were not elves also found time to be differnet here. And the aging process slowed down in all who stayed within the Land of Elwynn. ****Thus it has also been called the land of the ever young.***As Duchess I held a perpetual feast feeding all of shireroth whenever they chose to drop by. The Chef of Elwynn whom is still in your service has become legendary for his culinary skills. Elwynn also started a moveable feast catering service to export feasts to other duchies and bring in gold to our coffers. ****There are other business ventures here which you will find discussed in threads in this fourum.****During my reign I sought to bring peace and prosperity. I brought forth a form of democracy, allowing citizens to voice their opinions to me and vote on issues in the landstradd thus influencing my vote. Although, I reserved the right as ruler to vote as I saw fit.****As posts will indicate this upset some dukes in shireroth proper. But I have no regret that I granted the people of Elwynn a voice.****In order to add to the culture of Elwynn I wrote the Legend of The White Stag of Elwynn.****I hope this helps? Although most of what has gone on can be read in threads within and without Elywnn.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Quote:At the river Elwynn's source did dwell Utas the jinn, whom after many a year of no consequence did receive that girl whose eyes sparkled as gems and whose skin as white as snow and as smooth as silk. The one known as Elwynn, the twin of the devil Lest. All creation paid homage to her beauty and she in turn grew to love the river, and the woods it raised and every day she frolicked in the streams. Such was her beauty that the waters themselves were swoon and jealous nymphs for countless centuries thereafter would adopt her visage to seduce unwary mortal man to a drowning death.Hands unseen worked their ill magic so that Lest and Elwynn did conceive of the most unnatural and monstrous lust for each other, their foul courtship disturbing the heavens and despoiling this very earth.It had been that Utas the Jinn first sat upon the throne of Elywnn, and was master of the river. He took up his abode in the mountains, and clad himself and his people in bearskins, and from him sprang all kindly nurture and the arts of clothing, till then unknown. Men and beasts from all parts of the earth came to do him homage and receive laws at his hands, and his glory was like to the sun.Yet all glory, even when justly earned, is fleeting for Utas was defeated and expelled from the Mortal Realm by Lest. When Elwynn and Lest the Black did first meet as but children at the feast of doomed Ennabruk, the flames of their lust put to rout the gods and angels who watched over them, conspiring for the sake of creation to keep them apart. When a company of angels did drag Elwynn away Utas lingered to deal the fatal blow to the Deev Lest, but the Deev was mightier than he, and overcame him, and crushed him under his hands.And then my attention span lapsed....

Conrad Cromien

Post by Conrad Cromien »

I think I will be sick. Hey heres an idea, why not include ponies, you know pink ponies with red ribbons in their hair. And Unicorns, and Fluffy animals and all things nice. And wonderful sweets and yummy things, like a decapitated pigs head left to rot in the sun for three days! MmmmmmmmmM! Honestly though, what are you doing? really, I need to know. Ardashir, What the hell are you doing here?

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Did somebody just become a non-person right above Ardashir's post?

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I was wondering why I could not open this thread "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Conrad I'll talk to you later.As for the unperson... it was nothing to do with me guv.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, my face, where's my face?? Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'Taras

Unknown

Unknown

Post by Unknown »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Return to “Elwynn”