Elwynn Blurb

Kaiser Los I

Elwynn Blurb

Post by Kaiser Los I »

Elwynn, the land between the rivers, was incredibly fertile, and was guarded jealously by its natives, the Elw, who achieved great renown in battle defending themselves from the foreigners of Goldshire. When the Kaisers built their great city of Shirekeep virtually under the ElwysÂ’ noses, three of their tribes attacked, vengeful at the enemies of their old allies, the Musicans. When the Shirerothian forces defeated them with ease, they were highly impressed and petitioned to join Shireroth of their own free will, particularly since border raids by proto-Machiavellians were leaving them weak and vulnerable. This was just after Kaiser Daniel II had arranged the Duchy system for Goldshire, and he made Elwynn the third duchy. Raids by the Machiavellians continued until well into historical times, leading Kaiser Timothy I to create Fort Francis on the western border. Although currently peace and friendship prevails between Mach and Shire, the fort remains, and a moderate-sized city has grown up around it. It was also instrumental in the defense of Elwynn and Shirekeep from the Cimmerians, who invaded in the reign of Timothy II. The defense of Fort Francis is still remembered as one of the greatest Shirerothian military events of all time. Los answered furious: "Art thou one of those who when most complacentMean mischief most? Lo! I am also such.One must be master. Try thy Arts. I also will try mine. - from The Four Zoas, William Blake

Return to “Elwynn”