Elwynnese statement

Daniel Farewell

Elwynnese statement

Post by Daniel Farewell »

The Elwynnese government, headed by Prince Daniel and the Khan of Vijayanagara wish to make the following statement for immediate release.
We shall note that, contrary to popular fiction, a great many nations and realms have passed through the Imperial Republic without being permanently trapped within it. Antica, Arminy, Cranda, and many more besides. History records, and we note, that nations enjoy the right to self-determination within any polity.

None shall dare contest that the peoples of Elwynn have never been slaves to the heirs of Raynor. The peoples of Elwynn have always enjoyed their state of being a nation and of having a country between the mighty rivers that they could call their own.

It has always been the case that Shirekeep has only ever enjoyed the acquiescence of the peoples of Elwynn, whether Elw, Elfinshi or Babkhi, to the rule of Kaisers for so long as it was deemed to be in the interest of the prosperity and harmony of all.

Following the culmination of long standing trends which have been part of a greater design to eradicate the Elwynnese nationhood, its characteristics and its institutions of government, it can no longer be justly claimed that the rule of Kaisers benefits people of Elwynn and is no longer relevant for the Elwynnese people, nation and lands. We remember the Antya inspired crusade against our peoples. We remember the refusal of the Imperial Government to concede to Elwynn its rightful dominion over those parts of Goldshire to which we were entitled, we remember the subjugation to parts of the realm that were not rightly of the Elw. We shall not forget and we shall not forgive.

Moreover we note the dire repression suffered by the Laqi to the south. The savage denial of the natural right to self determination by our oppressive feudal lords calls our hearts towards the cause of freedom. In this we shall not be denied for it is both our birthright and our inheritance. Who are these tired old lords who have vested so much emotional capital in such a foolhardy venture that they can not abide it when somebody says contrary to their wishes. Instead of playing the game for the enjoyment of all they can only think to deny and repress; and in so doing they doom us to repeat the same cycle over and over again. This we can no longer abide.

As such, we declare that the Elw, Elfinshi and Babkhi peoples of the land between the rivers up to the northern reaches of Farewell, from Civitas Nova in the west to Wintergleam in the east, be part of a free Elwynnese state, to be sovereign, free, and independent.

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Elwynnese statement

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

As Steward of Elwynn I affix my signature to this declaration.

Elwynn Zindabad!

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Laqi Free Republic
Laxija Atjanja Aҳatkөra

Gentlemen,

This manifestation of the true spirit of Elwynnese freedom has been greeted with jubilation on the streets of Maksim-Xala. A wind of change is blowing across Shireroth, and we salute the bravery of the Elwynnese people and pledge to stand by them in this glorious hour. The Laqi Free Republic hereby recognises Elwynn as an independent and sovereign state and shall aid it in defending its new found freedom.

I appoint my trusted aide, Askarbek Hadjimollayev, as ambassador to Elwynn.
I look forward to a fruitful and friendly relationship betweeen our peoples.

I remain,

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

What.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

By the way, what ever happened to Allot and his people?
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:By the way, what ever happened to Allot and his people?
They left Shireroth for Gralus.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

Maybe they'll join an independent Elwynn.

Harald of Froyalan

Chrimigules wrote:Maybe they'll join an independent Elwynn.
That would be good news.
Count of Cimmeria

AryezturMejorkhor

Really? What are their names in Gralus. I haven't seen them there though I've visited Gralus often.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't think they stayed active over there.

AryezturMejorkhor

A pity.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

By the way, I would like to retrieve my former County of Parvatvana/Khorze/Goldshire which used to be part of Elwynn and join this free state. Is such an arrangement possible?
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

My master wishes to offer a statement:

http://natopianation.proboards.com/inde ... thread=527
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I expected better of you Ric.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

SHIREROTH!

:smashy

MAN UP AND FIGHT!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

We're DOOMED!!! :fish
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

And this will be the Babkhan vassal state... :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Harald of Froyalan

The MCS Council has decided that the lands of Elwynn will be marked as disputed.
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, I just noticed it myself. What does this mean? An other colour or just a little symbol?
It worries me that the MCS has so easily accepted these claims while I'm sure that most of these areas aren't under control of the independence movements.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Richard, I am very disappointed in you >:C
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harald of Froyalan

Jonas wrote:Yeah, I just noticed it myself. What does this mean? An other colour or just a little symbol.
As far as I know the area will be be marked as disputed with black horizontal stripes. The colour will, however, remain red.
Jonas wrote:It worries me that the MCS has so easily accepted these claims while I'm sure that most of these areas aren't under control of the independence movements.
That might be because the Elwynnese Independence Movement is viewed as quite legitimate; not only by the MCS Council but also by quite a few nations who are seriously considering to recognize Elwynn's independence.
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harald of Froyalan wrote: That might be because the Elwynnese Independence Movement is viewed as quite legitimate; not only by the MCS Council but also by quite a few nations who are seriously considering to recognize Elwynn's independence.
Yeah, of course. Some nations think this is the Polish partition and they can get some advantages out of this. Grmbl. But we will strike back.

Harald of Froyalan

Jonas wrote:Yeah, of course. Some nations think this is the Polish partition and they can get some advantages out of this.
That might be a good comparison. The fall of the Byzantine Empire could, however, also do.
Jonas wrote:Grmbl. But we will strike back.
Striking back wouldn't be a good idea. It only would strengthen the legitimacy of the Elwynnese Independence Movement i.e. that of a righteous struggle against a desperate, oppressive, intellectually exhausted, burnt out and rapidly collapsing bygone empire.

Reaching a consensus about a common direction would be much better.
Count of Cimmeria

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I would support negotiations that kept Elwynn in the empire, but found a way to address their concerns.

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13827

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Can I just ask, in all OOC seriousness, how you could justify thinking that an independent Elwynn would be better off than a House Kalir/Duchy of Elwynn within Shireroth? A week ago you were saying how it was just really Ric and Ardy left and had gone super quiet; and suddenly you think you can sustain independence? I don't get it.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I, too, am curious. Of the four rebellions this is the one I take most seriously as having a chance to actually change the face of Micras, but despite assurances that it's a very serious claim I haven't heard anything else - no new forums or site, no ideas of type of government, no potential citizen list.

I mean, I want to support your effort, but you've gotta show us you mean it.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:I, too, am curious. Of the four rebellions this is the one I take most seriously as having a chance to actually change the face of Micras, but despite assurances that it's a very serious claim I haven't heard anything else - no new forums or site, no ideas of type of government, no potential citizen list.

I mean, I want to support your effort, but you've gotta show us you mean it.
http://elwynngov.wordpress.com/ ;)

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

We are currently setting up a forum in Antica where the Elwynnese from far and away can come together to discuss things. It's temporary of course, but aims at rebuilding the Elwynnese community. However, right now, it's the middle of a night, I've been sitting in taxis and trains all day and haven't had time to do much. But the day is still young. You will see more tomorrow :)

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Why is everyone flocking to Antica? That's the worst place anyone could go!
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Does "worst" here mean it's politically inexpedient to go there or that you just personally dislike the place?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Elwynn”