[Ashkenatza] Trans-Elwynn Region Development

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

[Ashkenatza] Trans-Elwynn Region Development

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Hello everyone,

As part of my first acts as Sixth Nohsi of Ashkenatza I have begun to fully define and set out the rights and roles of the Republic's two autonomous territories (the Trans-Elwynn and Mahoz HaSephardim). However, although I think I'd be right in saying that Elwynn has one of the oldest and most developed cultures in Shireroth, I honestly don't know much about it.
A while back we had some contact with Prince Ìsur-Ai of the Elw, and had high hopes for an Elw regional government in the Trans-Elwynn region and more contact with Elwynnese in Shireroth. I'd always hoped that the region would serve as a cultural bridge between Shireroth and Ashkenatza, it being both Yiddish and Elwynnese speaking.

With regards to this, I am about to draft a Nohsi Order (executive order) outlining the status of the Trans-Elwynn. Any input Shirereithans can give me regarding a possible name for the regional government body (the Mahoz HaSephardim has the Casa Ejecutiva) and a possible title for the governor of the region (the Mahoz, for example, uses the old title of Hakham-Bashi) would be of enormous help to me.

I have just finished a seal for the Trans-Elwynn- let me know what you think of it.

The sword represents the region's frontier status and role in valiant defence of the Ashkenazi Jewish State as brother citizens, whilst the shining Star of David shows the Ashkenazi Republic shielding her Elwynnese friends from oppression and allowing them to bask in the glorious light of the Republic's equalitarian and just Constitution.
The yellow Lilies are a variation on the White Lily of Elwynn from Shireroth, showing the inalienable link and brotherhood the Elwynnese of Ashkenatza will always share with their compatriots across the Elwynn River. The difference in colour of the lilies shows that although there are cultural differences between the Shirereithan and Ashkenazi Elw, they remain the same ethnic group and are proud of their rich culture and heritage which lets them express this fact.
The Yiddish text reads 'Ilfinisher Avtonome Gegnt' (Elfinishi Autonomous Region).

Kindest Regards,

Nohsi Goltz

Aster

Re: [Ashkenatza] Trans-Elwynn Region Development

Post by Aster »

Am Yashkenazai Chai! Am Yisreal Chai!

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Hell yeah. Shirereithans? Any help?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Part of me really wants to say that this sort of hobby is never ever the sort of recreation, or heaven forbid, endeavour, where one can reasonably expect "action this day" on anything, ever.

However that aside I have looked into your request and promptly wished that I hadn't. The Elw are for the most part a lumpen proletariat and servile population who have been in the background and subordinate to the Elfinshi, the Babki, the Hyperboreans (possessed of purple skin, a fondness for the cold and certain esoteric forms of yoga, sail around in motorised sculpted icebergs, tendency to drown in the tropics... you can't miss them) the Hurmu, Crandish, Stormarkers, and the Babki again for as long as anyone can care to remember.

During that time the only person who conceptualised the Elw as anything other than hapless serfs was Ric (Prince Ìsur-Ai) who may now be found as Arviður down Ž way.

If I remember the gist of what he was saying back when he kinda emigrated to Ashkenatza the last pure Elw (i.e. not reduced to malevolent ciphers of the Khan sporting dodgy cockney accents) were the Elw of the County of Farewell who transmigrated to the Trans-Elwynnese Autonomous Region.

You will recall that he signed his immigration papers as FIRSHT ISURAI. So I would say that Firsht will be your analogue for governor, although he said something about abolishing the Firshtum, this can be reversed as cultural diversity takes precedence over equality in any truly progressive society.

However I should also draw your attention to Herr Mavet's second Nohsi Order concerning the Trans-Elwynn Autonomous Region [20090410].

Remember: Adurell erium. Elwynn Prevails

PS: The crest you are proposing incidentally is very nice.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Excellent. I suppose I won't have to draft new legislation regarding the Trans-Elwynn, then, seeing as Ric hasn't been active in Ashkenatza for a while and any cultural changes he planned to make to the hierarchy as set out in your Nohsi order back in the day have not yet been put into action.

Guess I'll get working on the Mahoz then.

Return to “Elwynn”