A history of Elwynn

andelarion

A history of Elwynn

Post by andelarion »

I think we should compile a history for Elwynn, from the beginning until now. If we do it in a half-fictitious, half-real manner... I mean if we base the fiction on real events that have happened, then that might be pretty cool.

Things to include perhaps:

1. The Elw Tribes, early days
2. Rule of Scott Alexander
3. Rule of Sirithil nos Fëanor and Mari Greenwood
4. The Hyperborean era
5. Rise of Ardashir
6. The Elvish genocide
7. "Falashir, aftermath
8. Leasing of Elwynn to Hurmu, Time in Hurmu barony
9. County -> barony -> duchy
10. The famine
11. Rise of Harald as duke

Any other things we should put in there, do you think? Keep things coming and we might be able to write something together. :)

Harald of Froyalan

Re: A history of Elwynn

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

andelarion wrote:9. County -> barony -> duchy
David's reign was in this period, wasn't it?
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Yes, a short one. The old thing from there I remember was him granting me the title of Lord of Farewell.

Harald of Froyalan

andelarion wrote: 7. "Fall" of Ardashir, aftermath
How and why did that happen?
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

At the time, Elwynn was a barony under Hyperborea, and the lords of Hyperborea didn't look upon Ardashir's action with much favour. They repeatedly tried to stop him from continuing his ethnocide of the Elvish populace. They even removed him from office, but this prompted condemnation from various directions and Ardashir was reinstated, btu now he was a bit less -- how shall we put it -- "aggressive".

Eventually, Ardashir was the only person left in the barony, an unviable situation. After calls from the Shah of Babkha, he left Shireroth, and Elwynn was demoted to a county, which I a few months later began to rule. In thsoe days, counties were much larger ;)

This is my interpretation of history anyway. I am sure Ardashir could explain further.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I would say I was pretty much the only person there to begin with bar David, after Mari left so that was pretty much unconnected to the xenocide of the elves.

More pertinent was that I believe that Hyperborea encouraged my candidacy to replace Mari to effectively do a wrecking job on what Eoin once called (I paraphrase slightly) 'that inane shopping mall of a duchy' after which the entire entity could be folded into Hyperborean direct rule.

If I recall correctly it did not begin as a genocide as such but rather a peasants revolt, indeed I don't think the first incidents featured elves at all but rather the xenocide occured piecemeal with no overall planning and coordination and really spiraled out of control after the Hyperborean intervention - however by the time of my reinstatement the objective of setting Elwynn on a radically different cultural trajectory had been achieved.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Yes... Elwynn has evolved a lot, all to the better, since the days of Mari. I don't particularly remember anything from Sirithil's rule though, and there are few records from then. I know that Sirithil was kicked out from Shireroth for having too many nationalities.

Wherever Sirithil came there were elves and elvish culture. When Sirithil left, Mari took the throne and made Elwynn in to some sort of Elvish magick themepark.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Life was one long tea party with extra helpings of lembas.

Harald of Froyalan

How many rulers has this Duchy had over the years?
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Hmm... quite a few.

According to Scott's history, Elwynn was founded in early 2001. He was the first duke, then came Ivan Ventura, and Scott again. Then Sirithil nos Fëanor, and Mari Greenwood.

Elwynn was demoted to a barony, and placed under Hyperborean hegemony. Dukes of Hyperborea during that time were Scott (again), Eoin (Zirandortheilip Locke.

Elwynn was demoted to a county, with me as its ruler, after which it was placed in the barony of Hurmu (with Troy as the first baron, and you as the second), in the Duchy of Arminy (Johannns fonn Klosso being the duke).

After some time, when Arminy had left the Empire, Elwynn was risen to be a barony of itself. David Beckford was the ruler then. And then me again.

And so on :P

Now we have you :)

Harald of Froyalan

andelarion wrote:Hmm... quite a few.

Elwynn was demoted to a barony, and placed under Hyperborean hegemony. Dukes of Hyperborea during that time were Scott (again), Eoin (Zirandorthel) and Philip Locke.
And during this time Aradashir was Baron, wasn't he?
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

You're right!

Harald of Froyalan

andelarion wrote: Now we have you :)
Indeed. Do you know who the longest reigning ruler ever is?
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

I don't know to be honest...

Return to “Elwynn”