I've been thinking...

Zirandorthel

Re: I've been thinking...

Post by Zirandorthel »

But that argument falls flat on its face a bit when you reflect that Hyperborea appeared before Shireroth did.. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

ok....lets have Shireroth as a duchy of Hypaborea. war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Kaiser Mors III

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

Only by about.. a few days I think... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yeah, but if you then try to argue that Elwynn should take precedence because it's "older" than Hyperborea.. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Kaiser Mors III

Elywnn is Younger though.... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Exactly, but someone said it was "older on these boards" or something of that caliber. Just disproving their argument, nothing personal. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Kaiser Mors III

*is confused..*...Nevermind.. Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

What I meant was that Hyperborea has been a Barony of Shireroth since late March of this year. I remember Elwynn as a Duchy before I was even active here. What was that, about same time, a year earlier?I was not arguing that Elwynn should take precedence because of that fact. I was arguing against Mari's defense of having a "large number of posts" in her Duchy. Nearly 2/3 of those posts were generated by an old party and a dead game. By counting remotely useful, or at least pointed, threads, Elwynn actually has less posts than Hyperborea - and with an extra year's head start! Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Elwynn at present has at least 3 citizens. It has more posts regardless of who posted them. And Hyperborea would not even be a barony if I had not made it one. Something I am beginning to regret.Elwynn was part of shireroth long before hyperborea. And it has been and should remain a duchy. I understand that there are some of you that just hate my guts. And I promise I will leave. But Elwynn is a long time Duchy and should remain one. I will find the best possible successor. And that person should be a future Duke or Duchess.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

*decides not to say much for either side, to avoid being larted*however, I would say that it could be argued that history within shireroth would take precedence over history outside shireroth war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Mikol Rugal

Post by Mikol Rugal »

adhalisa o'Mikol Rugal, koreda'Borelan:THIS IS AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE:Hyperborea has no desire to disrupt relations with Elwynn or to create an unfriendly situation in any way. The Elder's government would like to thank its partisans on this thread for their support, but reminds them (you listening, Ardy?) that it we value our principles more than any promotion to Duchy status and that therefore they will kindly refrain from any insults to the Duchess of Elwynn, who is, after all, still our feudal lady for the time being.Further, we see no reason for this to become a "we're older than you are" contest. Both groups antedate the other by certain criteria, and even a final resolution of this issue would fail to dispel tensions in any way. What is important is not who is older than whom, but rather what solution can lead to everyone being happy.I believe that what is important is not who the Duke or Duchess of Elwynn is, but rather that the northwestern part of Shireroth remain in concord and harmony, with all of its citizens (five at my count right now) remaining loyal to the Kaiser and the throne. Thus, I ask once again that our Duchess reconsider her intention to leave. Certainly you understand that although there are people here who dislike you, there are others who are your friends and the Imperial Republic is more important than any one person. If Duchess Greenwood is willing to stay on in Shireroth, Hyperborea is willing to continue to give allegiance to her, so long as she continues to uphold the High Laws which our people hold dear. If any Hyperborean would be willing to make a political marriage to Duchess Greenwood, and if the Duchess would agree, that would be an excellent way to seal the deal(I myself am unfortunately not interested). However, we do not guarantee the same fealty to the Duchess' successor should she not choose to stay in Shireroth, as we will have sworn no allegiance to them. We hope this situation can be resolved with a minimum of conflict and without disturbing the ideals we all hold dear.Ith kanina eshanira darani karethilo,Mik

Kaiser Mors III

At no point has it been said that the possibility of changes was due to a dislike of the Duchess... So I would ask that the Duchess stop saying it is so. I admit I am not fond of the Dutchess. But I wouldn't try to get rid of her in such a manner, for such petty reasons; the disruption caused would not be worth it. (I doubt that makes you feel better, but it was meant to...) If I really didn't like the Duchess and wanted to be rid of her, I could remove her from the throne of Elywnn completely and remove her noble status. But since I have NOT done this, it should show the Duchess that indeed, I am NOT trying to be rid of her. I am quite displeased to hear of her leaving the nation. Though I do feel abliged to point out to the Duchess that it was the Imperial government, not this Duchy that decided to create Hyperborea as a Barony. (I may be wrong, but the documentation is lacking...) Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

*stands back and watches* -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Return to “Elwynn”