At the Helm.

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Agni I

At the Helm.

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I stand before you now, as Kaiser Agni, first of that name, of the Line of Raynor. I hold in my left hand, the Sword of Fire, passed down through my house since the time before the Kaisers. I hold in my right, the Sword of Vengeance, symbol of the Imperial Throne.

Reynardine, the Fox Kaiser, is gone into self imposed exile into the wilderness. We shall mourn his loss, but the nation continues on, under my reign.

I have many plans for my reign. The first is long awaited maintenance to the Imperial Charter. There are many issues that could use resolving. Among them the role of the Steward, the Amendment process itself and some formatting and other corrections.

Also, I intend to support and promote the growth of the Small Commonwealth. I feel it is an important step for us as a Nation, and for the community as a whole. We aren't as isolationist as we used to be. I intend that to continue.

We are also currently in a war against the independence of Nelaga. While I know there are reason for this war, and our official participation in it. I do not approve of it. However, I will not disallow the presence of Shireroth forces in the conflict. I will however state, that Shireroth will not officially join the campaign for either side. Fight if it pleases you, I will not stop you.

I intend to promote the development of the economy into a more full and enriched form, where there is reason and purpose to the acquisition and use of money. I would promote the Landsraad to abandon monetary based voting systems, for a more traditional voting system. But I can do not more then encourage from here, I cannot and will not interfere.

In terms of my rule, I will, as expected, be a traditional Kaiser. I will uphold the Feudal structure of Shireroth, the Charter and the supremacy of the Kaiser. I will not look kindly upon Democracy, nor meddle in the affairs of the Landsraad. I will rule with a firm hand, and a strong voice.
Shortly I will make decrees concerning the content of the Imperial Advisory Council and other governmental positions. Very little will change from previously, and I don't foresee any major position changes.

And before I forget: Greetings.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Andreas the Wise

Re: At the Helm.

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Hail the new Kaiser :kaiser
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

Why is hail being called down on the new Kaiser?

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Happy new Kaiser! :archy

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Why is hail being called down on the new Kaiser?
A tradition of throwing small, hard things. Part of an ancient fertility rite, I think..........

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Or a misspelling.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

HAIL ON THE KAISER!

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

SLEET ON THE KAISER!

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I feel so loved....
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

Vive le Kaiser! (Better? ;))
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Long live the kaiser. Or I could just rebel again...

Nah, i'll wait a week or two...
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I've double-checked with two other people. Hail is the appropriately spelt greeting.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm a bit dissapointed because you said a time ago that you didn't want to become kaiser for a while kaiser, except if there was no other choice. It looks like you gave your toy to another child, but now roughly take it back. :(

But that doesn't matter! Long live His Niftiness, Agni I! :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

So... how will the seccession go after this then, eh?

Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Erik, Ari, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Scott, Erik, Erik, Erik, Scott, Ari, Ari, Erik, Erik, Ari, Erik, Ari, Erik, Scott, Erik, Erik, and then Shireroth dies? :p

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

History repeats itself. Deja vu all over again.

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

To be fair, the past 4 Kaisers were new to the throne...

Odds are, the Kaisership will find itself in the hands of another eventually. Mahamantot II is almost required to occur at some point. :document

And god forbid someone leave me or Ric or Jake the throne again.

Sure, Erik and Scott have been Kaiser several times, but we need their kaiserships. They seem best equipped to clean things up when some one(s) royally mess up.
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

One man's mess is another's ART...... :kaiser

And "messed up" is a relative term, defined by the disappointed. There was nothing wrong with any of the last three Kaiserships, beyond nit-picking.

But "Hoch der Kaiser" and on with life.

We need a few Lacrymosas and the like, methinks.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm not the least bit certain what everyone's all worked up about here. Liam's Kaisership isn't going to go down in history as some sort of special Golden Age, but nothing actually bad happened. Activity was higher than usual, we cleaned up after Jacobus' crazy amendments, the DMASS conflict has been solved to everyone's satisfaction except Jess's and if Jess becomes Duke of Amokolia even he'll be happy. In fact, if you'd managed to resist the urge to quit in disgust a week or two longer, you might've even presided over the annexation of a new Duchy, something very few Kaisers have ever had the honor to do. We got a bunch of new immigrants and so on. Now, I'm not saying this was all your brilliant leadership, but the point is you kept the country stable enough and exciting enough for other good stuff to happen, which is really all a Kaiser is expected to do in good times, and you didn't screw anything up badly enough that we can't fix it later.

Liam's reign is comparable to Aurefiction's only in that he let the general eternal chorus of people yelling at him get to him so badly that he had to leave afterwards. Anyone who thinks it was comparable in any other way either wasn't around for Aure or wasn't paying attention.

Liam's reign is less an argument against placing inexperienced people on the throne (our last three first-time Kaisers, Jacobus, Hesam, and Ric, all did okay except for Hesam's evilness) as much as one against placing emotionally fragile people on it. I think new (well, Liam-level new, not Aure-level totally-new) people do very well on the throne, but they do need to be prepared for the emotional drain of it.

Liam, if you still care: this sort of thing happens to almost every Kaiser. Even Erik's thrown a fit and said he was leaving Shireroth forever after one of his Kaiserships. I don't think I've ever lasted past the halfway point of any of mine. Jacobus was only immune because he's had people much meaner than us yelling at him much louder than we did for a long time :) Don't take it personally.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Jacobus was only immune because he's had people much meaner than us yelling at him much louder than we did for a long time.
The "emotionally draining" part was a bit more than I expected. :) I'm not totally immune, because in Shireroth one get's yelled at by people worth respecting about things that sort of matter. In my previous life that was......different........ :evil :nuclear

FYI, I'm tenatively going to try to revive Cyberia as a surrealist MN exercise. The FRC has resumed complete independence, and declared neutrality in the Nelaga situation. That and my Ashkenatzan citizenship fills me up cit-wise, so I won't be attempting any major coups in the near future.

Maybe.Probably.perhaps. MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Yeah, you seemed to have it bad as a Cyberian, Jake... I won't pretend to know the first thing about the whole Cyberia discussion and the states which broke off from it, but it did seem to escalate far beyond any acceptable modicum of micronational behaviour and respect.
History repeats itself
Yeah, but at what cost? I'll be frank- I do like Shireroth, but the unwarranted supremacy of the Californian 'clique' here can get pretty frustrating. Even when Erik isn't Kaiser he goes around acting as if he's a Kaiserial regent, as if somehow new Kaisers who aren't of the Ari-Scott-Erik Hegemony aren't mature enough to rule because they haven't been here eight years...
Sorry, but that's how I feel. And the amount of thanks I got for all the cultural work I got besides from Andreas, Jake and Corey was zero. I'm sorry if the newbies here are trying to make Shireroth something different from what it was eight years ago, but that's life.
If I ever became Kaiser, I'd have no compulsion in drastically changing the Charter and Lawbook, just to breathe some fresh air into the tedium of Shirereithan bureaucracy. Corey tried to do that and now he's left. Well done.
That and my Ashkenatzan citizenship
Speaking of which, I've made you MoFA in the new Cabinet. Congrats. :yay:

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Maksym Hadjimehmetov wrote:If I ever became Kaiser, I'd have no compulsion in drastically changing the Charter and Lawbook, just to breathe some fresh air into the tedium of Shirereithan bureaucracy. Corey tried to do that and now he's left. Well done.
Wait...I did what now? :confused
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Well, it seemed to me that way.
But I'm silly.

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Congrats Ari and Scott.. you appear to be in the OBC now too... not sure how that happened... but it seems to...
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

As I said, I am very silly...
What's an OBC, by the way?

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Exactly what you are accusing us of being. Old Boys Club.... it was meant as an accusation against myself, and other by Locke back in '04
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Ah yeah, that's what I meant. Ta.

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

And because Locke already tried this line of argument, it has no power over me.

The Califonia clique is in charge argument fails cause I'm the only one left....
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

It's nothing to do with who I have power over... I'm just airing my opinion... :rolleyes
The California Clique is in power argument fails because I'm the only one left
Not necessarily. That is, if say that a clique can have just one member...

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I'm a clique of one?
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Be all you can be, Erik. :D
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”