The Death of a Kaiser

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

andelarion

The Death of a Kaiser

Post by andelarion »

Fellow Shirerithians, Friends,

I am a bearer of bad news for you.

On the night between the first Rasday and Thorsday of Biternionsmoon, our Kaiser, Hasan I, was found dead in the Palace of a Thousand Columns in Ardashirshahr. An investigation as to the death is underway. The local police in Ardashirshahr is most cooperative.

We, as an Empire, mourn the loss of a great leader. Not only did he take our nation to a dimension higher than we have for eras seen, but he brought us friendship, wisdom and strength. These characteristics will forever be remembered!

In his last will and testament, Decree #286, he made me his heir. As he was my friend, my mentor and a person whom I great admired, I will honour his will. I accept before you, my fellow Shirerithians, the Crown of Shireroth.

As my first gesture, I order a day of national mourning for one of the greatest statesmen in modern time.

Jess

Re: The Death of a Kaiser

Post by Jess »

:cry No! Hasan No!

Wait, I though Jacobus was supposed to be kaiser next! Please Explain...

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

It is very sad to note the passing of this Kaiser who has done so much to invigorate Shireroth and give it new direction. We shall not see his like again. Let the mourning period begin.

The Mango Throne is in good hands with o new Kaiser, Andelarion. May he reign in health and prosperity. Your Imperial Niftiness, we salute you and offer our allegience and loyalty to you. Long live the Kaiser. Hip-Hip-Hooray!!

:party :party :party :party

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah.... What happened to Jacobus?

Jess

Post by Jess »

Yeah...Jacobus is and will be the Kaiser

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Thank you Lady Carol.

Erik, Jess - I am sorry, but, I don't seem to understand. I know nothing of Hasan's plans of appointing Jacobus as his successor. For what I know, Hasan wrote a decree in which he made me heir. I know nothing of anything else. I am afraid that this confuses me and at the same time worries me as the calls for another person to take the throne would go against the very will of the Kaiser, whose words, by the Charter, are law.

This appointment from Hasan's side came as by surprise, and I am hoping still that I won't have to defend his actions because of my mere existence or for what he did in the reign before this.

The lack of reflexion, too, scares me. Is there nothing positive about Hesan's reign you care to say?
Last edited by andelarion on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jess

Post by Jess »

It was a settlement with the last kaiseral dispute, that if Hasan was kaiser, Jacobus would be his succesor, no exceptions.
:document

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

That is something I cannot respond to. I don't know anything about it.

Jess

Post by Jess »

Yes, Jacobus is the rightful heir, although I can't be arsed to find the official post.

Also, because you are a Babkhan citizen, which is DEFINANTLY not allowed, a kaiser may only be Shirerithian. You have not resigned your Babkhan citizenship.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

I'm not Babkhan. I have left Babkha. They grew tired of me. And I of them. I wanted to concentrate on other things, like the upcoming thing in Hurmu, but eh, that got a bit, uhm, put on hold now due to recent events.

Jess

Post by Jess »

So you are Hurmuian? Still illegal

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

He does have a point on the Kaiser can only be a citizen of Shireroth point. Which is easy to fix.

But yeah, when there was dispute over the throne after Mors X, it was agreed Hasan would be Kaiser, then Jacobus.

While making your successor was legal and legit... certain... agreements were not followed. Ones set down by the Gods themselves...

Jess

Post by Jess »

Gods>Kaiser

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

I can see the issue at hand now. Though, again, I am just saying what I know - and that is not much. I'd like to make things straight, do the honourable thing, and in my mind's eye that was following the Kaiser.

I am going to bed now. Good night.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Don't worry. No one is mad at you... currently. This is kinda a weird situation.

Jess

Post by Jess »

I must say I am a bit disappointed at Hasan (RIP). Jacobus is the Kaiser, lets hope he logs on soon.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Hasan may have simply have forgotten.

Jess

Post by Jess »

I sure do hope so.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Straylight salutes Andelarion of Elwynn, Kaiser of Shireroth and Harald of Froyalan, Steward of Shireroth... but that's all for now, since a few issues remain to be handled.

One, although the Imperial Decree was quite clear on the matter, there seems to be some confusion over the legitimacy of Andelarion's kaisership. Perhaps someone should find the original agreement with the Gods and this appointment should be reviewed in the light of it?

Two, we can't really produce the required ceremoniality as long as we don't know which bloodline Andelarion hails from. The new Kaiser should present his rulerly name as soon as possible so that a proper coronation can be arranged, preferably in a different venue. (remember: http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/Divine_Census_of_Cedrism and http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/List_of_Kaisers are there to remind you of your many possibilities)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Isn't this quite clear? The Kaiser (former) appointed Andelarion his successor. Check. He removed Jacobus as Steward. Check. Perhaps that's a clue? He also gave himself immunity. A deal made before that no one seems to be able to find isn't something to refer to. Produce that deal I say.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Things I don't like about this:

1. That the Kaiser appointed the new Kaiser's Steward

2. That the Kaiser appointed as the new Kaiser's Steward an unusual and unexpected choice for the position who, just a few days before, gave his Dukedom to the Kaiser. It smacks of political dealing.

3. That the Kaiser didn't ask for advice about the succession.

4. That the Kaiser chose as successor someone who came back to Shireroth less than a month ago, has been inactive for the vast majority of the Kaiser's reign, and who hasn't recently distinguished himself in Shirerithian politics.

5. That the current Kaiser was Shah and citizen of Babkha until, um, yesterday, and is currently a citizen of Hurmu.

6. That the Kaiser was the ex-regent of Babkha, and chose as his successor the ex-Shah of Babkha.

7. That the Kaiser gave himself immunity, which is both un-Shirerithian and suggests he has something to hide.

8. That a deal was made in February in the first place saying who would be Kaiser in July.

9. That that deal was broken.

Of course, I don't blame Ric for any of this. He was in the hospital, he came back, Hesam threw the crown at him, he accepted the will of his Kaiser as is his duty. But I think Hesam has a bit to answer for.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

A sad day...
The Kaiser is dead, long live the Kaiser!

I'm getting annoyed about breaking the made agreements. Jacobus was promised the kaisership and he still deserves it.
I demand Hassan is brought back to life to clear this out!

(And I don't blame Andelarion either but it annoys and disappoints me)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

If you read the storyline in the thread concerning the Kaiser's visit to Ardashirshahr (I think it's called. Can't be bothered with checking), you can see that this was planned by the ex-Kaiser.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Oh, what a mess... :knife

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

Nice to see good old fashioned Babkhan intrigue alive and well, even if Babkha itself isn't.

A mess indeed. I guess some options are:

- Andelarion abdicates in favour of Jacobus (Which I wouldn't suggest; too messy)
- Andelarion keeps the throne for at least a month before naming Jacobus as successor (in a manner somewhat more concrete than the spoken will of an abstract deity this time)
- The Landsraad convenes to discuss the whole thing (subject to the Kaiser's will of course)
- Jacobus stages a well-written coup at some point and everybody lives happily ever after

For now though, I think we should respect the andelarion Kaisership. It's a bit rotten to be handed a pleasant surprise by the outgoing Kaiser, only for the oh-no-you-don't brigade to come and take it all away again.
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Jess, you're talking crap. The Kaiser isn't bound by any mortal agreement in Shireroth. Absolute autocracy dammit! If he says x is his successor, no one can dispute that.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Death to the Kaiser! Long live the Kaiser!

Civil war! Civil war! A coup d'état!

No, we need to solve this as smart, well develloped human beings... with explosions! :tomcutterhamonfire :tomcutterhamonfire :tomcutterhamonfire

Long live the mess and my bitterness!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

There was good reason for this decision. I will illuminate shortly. However it concerns the manner of my death and the means by which it was allowed to happen.

Regardless of the nice narrative, I did not want to abdicateyet. However since I was being "advised" to do so, it seemed the best for Shireroth.

Regarding my choices I will give the background shortly.

And political dealings? this is still a micronation correct? And Scott, you even "advised" that I should become Duke of Elwynn in retirement. Not that it wouldn't benefit hyperborea or anything. But how did you expect me to become Duke? Simply take it? Was I not repremanded for doing so with Bosworth?

If Shireroth is to be ruled by the Landsraad, so be it. If Shireroth is to be ruled by an absolute Monarch, so be it. But at some point, contradictions will occur if Shireroth is to be ruled by both.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

But I don't see why Jacobus doesn't get the title of Kaiser. Noboddy else deserve it more than him!
The Landsraad mustn't interfere but I want that our (death) kaisers make there promises true and don't lie to us. You have broken the agreement and that annoys me (together with the fast promotion of Andelarion as succesor and Kaiser*).

*: not that I'm saying he don't deserve it, but it's going very fast.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

The Kaiser's word is law, even if some people don't agree. You can't agree to this form of government and then say "oh no you don't" when the autocrat does something you dislike. Rebel instead.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Return to “Kaiser's Court”