Instruction to Abdicate

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Aurangzeb Khan

Instruction to Abdicate

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

(In Bosworth that is)

It has unfortunately come to my attention that it is impossible (in the MCS theoretical and regulatory sense rather than any actual technical sense) for a head of state to reign in two locations simultaneously.

Therefore Your Imperial Majesty is politely requested to resign the Crown of Bosworth in favour of another who is to be acclaimed as King in your stead. Your palace guard humbly suggests that the other person be me. ;)

Erik Mortis

Re: Instruction to Abdicate

Post by Erik Mortis »

OR... just.. Fuck the MCS in this regard? They have no authority on this matter.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Erik Mortis wrote:OR... just.. Fuck the MCS in this regard? They have no authority on this matter.
Except the authority to remove Shireroth, Bosworth, or both. Two nations cannot have the same Head of State... rule was brought in by Ryan years ago I think. Been over this before during the Hasanshah "crisis". :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Since when are personal unions not allowed? And since when is the MCS some kind of international lawmaking body?
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Exactly. That's the Fuck the MCS that was mentioned.. got ya... Yes. the MCS has no right to interfere in the affairs of nations, never has. Apparently they have forgotten that and think they are some sort of UN now...

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I would suggest resigning the crown and giving it to Wentworth.
*gasp*

Yes, it looks a bit like giving up, but I'd always thought that was the part of the treaty hardest for Jeremy to accept. If we make Wentworth King, and request only two things before the war will end: Rebellions in Gascony to stop, and the King in waiting (Wentworth) to make an IC trip to Shireroth to accept the crown (and no, we're not going to kill him), then it ends in the way we want, and a way Jeremy might stop being arrogant for a moment and accept.

Because my other option, :mal + :kaiser is probably going to cause too many problems.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I would suggest stating formally and before the MCS that your claim to Bosworth is only an "in character" part of a recwar, and that you have no intention of really out-of-character ruling the country.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Erik Mortis wrote:Exactly. That's the Fuck the MCS that was mentioned.. got ya... Yes. the MCS has no right to interfere in the affairs of nations, never has. Apparently they have forgotten that and think they are some sort of UN now...
There's no interference - you simply have to be the same colour on the map. There's nothing STOPPING you - we can't stop you and won't - you just have to be the same nation on the map.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Well the issue is solved, Bosworth now has no head of state. see the Imperial Decree 285 I think.

Dennis Moore

Post by Dennis Moore »

Oh, Mighty King, Your Niftiness, Kaiser of Shireroth and King of the Bosworthians!

Do not abandon us to the cruelties of the old regime! See, I lay before you the Red Banner of Revolution!

Hereafter, it shall be the Red Banner of the Blood of the Gascons who fought beside your mighty forces against the Perfidous One. We renounce Communism, we plead with you not to abandon us!

We protested in the streets against the war that our bad former King forced upon you. We had our accounts erased, and nearly died. I returned to Gascony, and welcomed your troops, and my people fought beside yours.

Do not abandon us! I Do hommage to the King of the Bosworthians, Hasan the Liberator!

:worship :worship

Send us a Duke to protect Gascony!

:worship :worship
Dennis Moore
Loyal Gascon
Hail To Hasan the Liberator

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Any Gascon who fears reprisal may settle in Elwynn. I propose to establish a Gascon Guards Regiment has part of the the Imperial Guards Division so that those loyal followers of King Hasan might continue to dedicate their lives to his service.

Andreas the Wise

Please, can we just leave Gascony?
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Andreas, you were very much for this war for quite some time. And now that it has not concluded quickly you've changed your opinion? Sometimes, things are not convenient as that. For victory to take place, we must see this to its complete end. I appreciate your interest in the issue, but please leave planning and operational decisions to the MoMA.

Dennis Moore

Post by Dennis Moore »

(Grabbing at Andreas' robe)

DON'T ABANDON US! At least leave us weapons to defend ourselves with!

Think of the little children and the old women. We have hidden some gold, it is yours, please!
Dennis Moore
Loyal Gascon
Hail To Hasan the Liberator

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Andreas, I appreciate your concerns but I am in the process of drafting a proposal that will be put to Jeremy tomorrow. In the meantime we will remain firmly in place until such time as an agreement is reached.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

The poor soul.

Can we establish a fund to help in the resettlement of the Gascons?
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Call Sally Struthers, maybe she can do a telethon.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A Telethon!

Great thinking, my liege!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Andreas the Wise

Kaiser Hasan I wrote:Andreas, you were very much for this war for quite some time. And now that it has not concluded quickly you've changed your opinion? Sometimes, things are not convenient as that. For victory to take place, we must see this to its complete end. I appreciate your interest in the issue, but please leave planning and operational decisions to the MoMA.
Your niftiness, if I may speak frankly? I desire a Shirithian victory as much as the next man. I may not have agreed with all of MoMA's methods, but I put my considerable arguing powers in support of my Kaiser and MoMA regardless. I knew we had already won, and it merely required the enemy to see sense. After all, the average length of a micronational war is three weeks tops. I thought the power to end this war was in the enemies hands. However, after several weeks of this, I have come to the opposite conclusion. Discussions with Yvain on freewill reveal the rationalist suggestion that there are somethings people just can't do - eg "Nonsuicidalguy" can't jump off a cliff. He just physically can't - it's not in his make up. In the same way, I think it is emotionally impossible for Jeremy to stop being an arrogant prick and admit he lost. In short, the power to end the war is not in his hands. He will never agree to our current Shirithian terms, and while he has totally ruined his reputation and that of Bosworth, and while I believe the international community do not care as much as Babs would have us believe, it is true that he is dragging Shireroth's reputation down too. And as too many other people are used to tiny 5 man nations, they do not understand that what some Shirithians do does not represent the full spectrum of Shirithian views. They don't begin to understand that Shireroth is so much bigger and better than them that we can actually succesfully argue three different views within ourself, and whichever one the international community picks up at the present time might actually be the vocal minority, not the silent majority. And so I fear it may not be as easy to repair Shireroth's reputation as it should be.

Anyway, the power to end this war is now only in Shireroth's hands. And so, in order to save Shireroth's reputation, and to stop this madness, I have changed my tack. No longer will I support those policy moves I disagree with - which include declaring Hasan as King. I have given you simple options to get out of this with high respect. And I sincerely believe that is the best move for Shireroth at the present time. This is not to say that Shireroth needs to do this to ensure continued military support in the future. I suspect Shireroth will still be supported by Gralus, Babkha, Batavie, and probably even Alexandria/Stomark in the future, regardless of how this ends. As I hope Shireroth would support any of them. Militarily, we are still firmly in the ruling party of Micras. This is not about military. Just because we can afford to lose more reputation, doesn't mean we should. I know I am only a lowly minister of Trade. Babs seems to think the 'silent majority' believes I am an incredibly powerful Shirithian citizen and should use my and Gralus' power to sway this. I know I'm only an ordinary citizen, and I shouldn't interfere with Gralan powers in Shireroth, and vice versa. If this is ignored, perhaps it will at least prove that point. But I hope it isn't ignored.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

On that point allow me to contradict you by pointing out that your office is specifically mentioned in the latest peace proposal - see the MoMA back office.

Andreas the Wise

I apologise, I have some power in this war ;)
Q - Director of SAMIN

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

I do agree with some of your points. If this is your best estimate, than we can go with your plan, however I think you should be discussing this with the MoMA and the Steward to ensure that whatever we put forth is concurrent with our general policy.

babs

Post by babs »

The international community, as it has now been dubbed, do care. Nobody wants to see Shireroth go down the pan Andreas. I've dealt with your thoughts about me thinking that you're extremely powerful before. I know you're not.

Andreas the Wise

Kaiser Hasan I wrote:I do agree with some of your points. If this is your best estimate, than we can go with your plan, however I think you should be discussing this with the MoMA and the Steward to ensure that whatever we put forth is concurrent with our general policy.
Thank you my Kaiser. Of course, you must discuss this with other people - it'd be rather hypocritical of me after talking about the 'vocal minority' if I then insisted you followed me word for word. I know you are a man who sees sense, unlike some I've had the displeasure of dealing with of late.

And Babs, I do like that rewording of the International Community's sentiments. Fair enough then ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

babs

Post by babs »

Finally. Progress.

Andreas the Wise

See what happens when people talk to eachother and they're actually willing to listen and think on what the other says :demon
Q - Director of SAMIN

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

I will be withdrawing my claim to Bosworth later today,

babs

Post by babs »

Then what?

Do you intend on helping them, or do you offer a simple invasion with no fuss service?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

We have proposed an appropriate settlement to Jeremy and await his response tomorrow. May I remind you that Bosworth chose of its own will to involve itself in a bilateral dispute between Shireroth and the Britannic Empire. I am unclear as to what help beyond an eventual end to this conflict we can be reasonably expected to give.

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

I don't think its even an issue.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”