Imperial Decree #71: Revised Constitution

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Jadie

Imperial Decree #71: Revised Constitution

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

Yee- haw!!!! New constitution....it is done...it is in place! *throws confetti in the air* EzCode Parsing Error: size=5]Constitution of the Land of ShiArticle I: The Kaiser.Section A: Definition of the Kaisers The Kaiser of Shireroth is the Supreme ruler, and noble, of the Lands of Shireroth. The Kaisership may be held by both male and female rulers. A male ruler shall be known as a Kaiser, a female ruler shall be known as a Kaiseress. Kaiser may be used to refer to the Kaisership without regard to gender. Section B: Powers of the Kaiser All executive powers of Shireroth shall be vested in the Kaiser. The Kaiser may make any decree regarding the operation, behavior and functions of Shireroth as well as any actions he/she deems fit as long as they do not violate this constitution. The Kaiser shall have Supreme Judiciary power. The Kaiser is the Supreme Commander of the Militia, Military, and/or any other armed force under Shireroth control. Section C: Heir to the Throne The Kaiser before the end of his/her life reign as Kaiser must pick a successor from among all those eligible by birthright. Should the Kaiser die or abdicate the throne, the Kaisership shall pass to his/her successor. Section D: The Steward In times when a successor is below thirteen years of age, a Steward shall be appointed by a majority of the Landsraad. A steward shall be appointed by the Kaiser or Landsraad should the Kaiser take temporary leave of his/her throne. Should the Kaiser have no stated heir, the Steward shall become the head of the Empire until an heir can be found. Should no Steward be appointed at this time, the Landsraad shall convene and elect one. The Landsraad may also elect a Steward at anytime they feel one is necessary, with the approval of the Kaiser. The Kaiser may at anytime appoint a Steward. Article II: Landsraad.Section A: Powers of the Landsraad The Landsraad shall be vested, through the good grace of the Kaiser, with the legislative powers of Shireroth. The Landsraad may set its own rules for voting percentages and procedures, without outside interference. Any bill, act, measure, dictate, statement or order passed or issued by the Landsraad may be vetoed by the Kaiser for any reason. The Landsraad is vested with Judiciary powers second only to the Kaiser. The Landsraad may take no action that violates this constitution.[/font] Section B: Sessions of the Landsraad The Kaiser has the power to dismiss and recall to session the Landsraad at anytime. Should the Kaiser die or abdicate the throne, the Landsraad shall be automatically called to session. The Landsraad may dismiss itself from Session at any time, unless there is no Steward or Kaiser in power. Section C: Members of the Landsraad The Landsraad shall consist of the Nobles of Shireroth. Nobles may pick their own successor from among those eligible by birthright. Should no heir be available the Kaiser shall appoint the next Noble. The Kaiser has the power to create new Duchies and other Sub-Divisions, as he/she sees fit. Only the Landsraad may remove a Duchy’s seat from the Landsraad, thereby disbanding the Duchy completely and redefining the lands as necessary. The Kaiser has the power to reshape the borders of any Duchy, or other Sub-Division, as he/she sees fit. Only Ruling Nobles or Emissaries appointed by a Ruling noble may vote within the Landsraad. Ministers of Shireroth may speak within the Landsraad but may not vote on just the merits of their office alone. Section D: Votes Each Duchy shall be given six votes to cast within the Landsraad. A Ruling Duke/Duchess may divide these vote up among the nobles of his/her duchy as he/she sees fit, keeping in mind that he/she must control at least half the total votes. The Prætor must be informed of how a Duchy’s votes are distributed before any vote from that duchy may be cast. Section E: The PrætorThe Prætor of Shireroth may only be elected by the nobility of the land from among the Full-Citizens of the Land. The Prætor of Shireroth shall preside over the Landsraad as chairman. His/Her purpose shall be to call a meeting of the Landsraad to order, tally votes, close vote, generally manage and keep order within the Landsraad; as well as keep records of all bills and resolutions passed during his/her tenure.Article III: Ministries. The Ministers of Shireroth are answerable to both the Landsraad and the Kaiser, who may both appoint and dismiss ministers at will; and create and destroy ministries at will, with the Kaiser having final say. Section A: Minister of InformationThe job of the Minister of Information shall be to keep the public of Shireroth informed of all matters of state that have been made public officially. The Minister of Information shall be vested with the power of maintaining all official forms of national communications. Section B: Minister of Military AffairsThe job of the Minister of Military Affairs shall be to see to the creation, training and general maintenance of the armed forces of Shireroth. All military, militia and/or armed forces within Shireroth are answerable to the Minister of Military Affairs second only to the Kaiser him/herself. Section C: Minister of TradeThe job of the Minister of Trade shall be to see to all economic affairs within Shireroth, to maintain the currency of Shireroth, and maintain the Imperial Treasury. The currency of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth shall be the €rb. Section D: Minister of Immigration And NaturalizationThe job of the Minister of Immigration and Naturalization shall be to maintain a means by which individuals may immigrate to and become citizens of Shireroth. The minister is vested with the responsibility of maintaining an up to date record of the citizenry of Shireroth. The Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization shall be vested with the duty of maintaining a periodic census of the population of Shireroth. Section E: Ministry of Research and EducationThe job of the Minister of Research and Education shall be to see to the technological advancement of Shireroth. The minister shall also be vested with the power and responsibility of establishing and maintaining a national system of education. Section F: Ministry of the ExteriorThe job of the Minister of the Exterior shall be to establish and maintain communications with bodies and/or nations outside the bounds of Shireroth. The Minster shall be vested with the power and responsibility of negotiating with foreign powers, and presenting the outcome of said negotiations to the Kaiser and/or Landsraad. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothEdited by: Kaiseress Jadie at: 10/9/03 8:54 pm

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Imperial Decree #71: Revised Constitution

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

hmm...so...according to this constitution, you can't violate it. Makes no sense. Who's going to decide if the Kaiser violated the constitution and what should they do about it? And if a Kaiser cannot violate the constitution, can they edit it? Because all they would have to do in order to avoid violating it is edit it if they can.Okay. Just wanted to rehash that argument because it never got finished. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Nor will it ever.... And nor do I want to have to argue about FUCKING SUTUPID BLOODY ASS LAWS WITH YOU AGAIN! So leave it! You know that that's just part of the system... That there really isn't a way to fix it without messing with the supremecy of the Kaisership, and that in theory it is a flaw in the system. Ok.. Happy? It's fucking Flaw.. you seem to be all happy to point out fucking flaws... But there isn't much we can do about it. It's part of the system.. and it's only a flaw from your point of view...You want that line removed? fine. Than the Kaiser wouldn't even have to bother thinking about the Constition.... Hell.. why even have one?! Aye?! Let's just go back to not Having a constition... The flaw.. the flaw is we have a system that is basicly the Kaiser can do whatever he/she wants. You know this. and the Constitution is really just their for people too look at and know what the fuck is going on.. So if you are so fucking unhappy.. how bout I write up a new constition.. something like this.Quote:Constition for the Republic of Shireroht.Article I.Section A. The KaiserThe Kaiser is supreme above all within the lands of Shireroth.would that be more to your liking? No seeming loopholes.. all is covered.. Kaiser is supreme.. end of fucking story! Than would you be happy?!Or are you just trying to cause trouble... cause if you are.. I'm sick of it... I don't even know what I'm argueing about anymore in the Landsraad. I'm fighting for crap I don't really care about. I just want to do this fucking Review, get the Laws compiled and organized so we know what the fuck we are doing, and prevent us from getting confused and breaking laws we forgot we had... So Just let me get something fucking done overthere... I failed that miserable Prætor thing.. I forgot about that 4 days thing.. which I think we've had forgotten for a long time, cause I'm pretty sure if we looked, it would invalidate some of the stuff we've passed. See why we need to compile... I swear.. I should just ask the Kaiseress to revoke EVERY law in this nation, including the decrees, and have us start over. so... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!! *explodes* Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Kaiseress Jadie

*sighs*I am really getting tired of dealing with all this. Erik and I are trying to fix things....and people are complaining...but if we leave things alone...people will complain...WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY PEOPLES?!?!?!I mean geebaz...what can you expect from us?Oh and on that note..I am taking a vacation....I won't be back until Sunday...and I mean vacation...I mean like no phone...no internet...no nothing....end of story. While I am gone..Erik is in charge....(who else right?) And if he isn't available...talk to Greg. I am leaving those two in charge for me. Have a great weekend...I hope all of you make up your mind. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*appears in apperition form**Runs through the Throne room screaming... **disappears* Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Kaiseress Jadie

On that note...Erik is no longer in charge of the country...I am leaving things up to my good MoMa....and Scott Siskind...Have fun guys..and please...don't let the country fall apart while I am gone...and dont' let Erik go too insane..thanks Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

MAUHAAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHDEATH TO ALL THAT EAT MOOOSES WITH RELISHY GOODNESSS! Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*bows to the Kaiseress*I shall try my hardest to not dissapoint you, but...*looks at Erik*If you come back and either1) erik's temporarily banned2) Shireroth's under lock and key...3) or Shireroth's non-existantthen my apoligies...

Kaiseress Jadie

Um....oh boy... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

The Lizzard King of Shire

Post by The Lizzard King of Shire »

I AM THE LIZZARD KING!.. I CAN DO ANYTHING!SUBMIT TO MY WRATH!SUBMIT TO MY LORD and MASTER!Submit to the Mao... but not to much MAO cause that always ruins a good burger, it bothers me to no end when you say, "light on the MAO" and they slather it on, really quite annoying. SUBMIT!!!!! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Is "the Lizzard King" any reference to The Doors frontman?

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

Um.... good call on NOT letting Erik run the nation... jeez, he has gone nuts..........

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You love ME! You really LOVE ME!.. ALL OF YOU !! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *hugs random people* Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Solitary Poet 8

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

*walks after Erik, sticking "disclaimer" stickers on everyone Erik hugs**sighs* gonna be a looooooooooooooong weekend. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAD *kisses poet on the cheek*I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.... I mean.. I loooove....Love? Yes.. that's a word.. right? Yes.. duuuuuuude... I love........Alex!.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA*runs off* Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Solitary Poet 8

*runs to Hyperborea to freeze psycho-erik germs to death before infection by the plague* Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGUE!!!!!!!!!SUBMIT TO IT!I AM THE BRINGER OF THE JUDGEMENT!SUBMIT TO THE PLAGUE! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

*heard from the vicinity of Hyperborea*NEVER!!!!!!!! Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

IT IS TO LATE FOR YOU!You are infected, you only spread the plague farther! All shall be judged! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

Geez, where are the white coats? Donut break? I'd say they're needed, at least for a little while. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

The white coats shall be infected!And the ORange coats... and the Black coats..and the red coats......as well as the Redhats!!! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

*feels the plague starting to set in*But what of the.......TRENCHCOATS?*walks back in wearing a black trenchcoat all from Sonoma would recognize as Stone's* Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Judgement is at hand for you!!!!!!!SUBMIT! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

No! Never shall I submit so long as I bear the Trenchcoat of Toxicity! Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

THE TRENCHCOAT IS INFECTED!I bears the plague! IT IS PLAGUEED!!!!!!!!! The Lizzard King of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

Nay! The toxicity strikes down the plague before it may come near! Submit to the Toxicity! Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Kaiseress Jadie

Holy Geebaz.....this can't be good.... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

oops.....um...actually...if the constitution didn't exist, things would be good with me...hmm...the lizzard king returns...that can only mean one thingThe Lizzard of Oz, of course!We're off to see the LizzardThe wonderful Lizzard of OzWE hear he is a wiz of a liz....*skips off into the sunset, singing * -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

then again, if the constitution didn't exist, neither would the Landsraad... or the ministries...However, I do also quarrel with the fact that according to this constitution, the constitution cannot be changed even by the kaiseress... unless you institute that "the Kaiser has supreme Judicial Power" loophole, in which case, the Kaiser can change the constitution if he rules that the change is constitutional... but that is a sneaky loophole, and people don't like other people using sneaky loopholes...So jadie... I suggest you use that sneaky loophole only as much as you have to, and sneak in a clause on how to legally change the constitution without violating it... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Ummm... I wrote the constitution.... And it's not a loop hole... the constition makes no provision for ammendment. BUT! The first constitution was lay down by Imperial Decree. Thus, the constitution is an imperial Decree, so, ONLY the Kaiser can edit it. Does it make sense now? People keep talking about loopholes in the constition... There really aren't any... If there are.. they are there for a reason. As for the Kaiser violating the constitution, yes, he could simply change it. But that takes alot of work, to change it to do something, and not throw off the balance of the document. And they would have to go through the trouble of accually editing it. And people could always rebell... if it was something THAT big... Since any change that big would proly be rather unShirerithian. Holy Warrior of Nee

Return to “Kaiser's Court”