Statement from Elwynn

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Nathan of Natopia

Re: Statement from Elwynn

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

The Khan has deleted the Elwynnese boards at his own pleasure. The Elwynnese Realm and her people still seek independence and acceptance in the micronational community, specifically with Shireroth.

While I have no official position but that of Citizen in Elwynn, in this current crisis of displacement I want to assure Shireroth that Elwynn is still here despite what the Khan says. I personally hope negotiations will proceed again when this shameful and selfish act has been sorted out.

As for the comments on our activity and foreign power grabs: Yes activity is a bit down, but it should be noted that much of the discussion was in our Congress, which is a private forum. Elwynn will remain independent and will not carved up among other nations, not after this struggle for independence.
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

In my capacity as Steward, I would like to make known my worries about the Elwynnese State. With the betrayal of Aurangzeb Khan, and the departure of Danial Adurellion, are you sure of your capacity to maintain your government? Elwynn is in a very vulnerable position, and I am concerned about the stability of your now crippled government and the possibility that another might come about with malicious intent and a will to subjugate your people.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

Well, right now, there's nothing much to subjugate, which, rather ironically, makes it less vulnerable.
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Falkner van der Sluijs

Unless I'm mistaken, the Imperial government is still supportive of the latest negotiated borders between our nations
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Nathan of Natopia

Aside from temporary displacement, which I believe will be remedied shortly, Elwynn will be able to stabilize itself speedily.

What exactly are those borders? I see something about a joint control over the dam... and then things .... deteriorated. The Kaiser has an updated map reflecting that joint control? If His Niftyness could upload that map for reference I'm sure we can get things back on track when Daniel comes back.
Nathan,

Falkner van der Sluijs

The latest border did not include joint control of the dam, I believe
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Nathan of Natopia

Then that is the last version that was shown to us over at the Elwynnese forum. I believe we were all in agreement over that version of the border and the treaty. Honestly, I was unaware there was any more negotiations about the borders.
Nathan,

Falkner van der Sluijs

Negotiations after that point can hardly be called negotiations. It was mostly Ardy trying to pressure and rob us. I will not give an official stamp of approval for the latest version of the treaty in case there are other issues to be discussed by the Kaiser, an Elwynnese delegate, or some other party.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Nathan of Natopia

We are more firmly back on track now. Our forum has been set up again, at the same address, but with no back ups we will be starting from scratch.

All Elwynnese have expressed their desire to continue on and devote themselves to a strong and independent Elwynn. We are still in agreement with the current version of the treaty and would be willing to sign it at this moment. However, we do ask for a brief pause to allow us to change a city name on the map before it is made official ;)
Nathan,

Falkner van der Sluijs

Again, I await confirmation from His Niftiness, the Kaiser, at the very least. Other Shirithians have brought up other issues in private, and if they are issues shared by the Imperial Government, they will be brought up for negotiation before signing of the treaty. I am pleased to hear that the Elwynnese Government has rebounded from this crisis so quickly, and I look forward to future good relations between our realms.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

I'm reconsidering my stance on Elwynn. I think the original treaty should be revisited. I think the whole situation needs to be revisited and reevaluated.

I will put this idea forth for consideration. Elwynn taking it's place as a subdivision of Shireroth again with all the rights, privileges and protections it once had. I think this recent event should help demonstrate the security and protection Elwynn enjoyed under Shireroth. The House System was a regrettable mistake, though Elwynn did benefit more from it more then any other subdivision. Within Shireroth Elwynn is safe from malicious nations and individuals. We have a stable and secure infrastructure for the cultural development of Elwynn. I ask you to evaluate what exactly you feel you gain from independence?
Independent you have had very little gains, and many losses. Reconciliation should be considered, strongly.

Further, a middle ground exists. Protectorate status. Elwynn could return to the Shireroth board, enjoy the protection of the Empire and the stability of our infrastructure. Whether as a temporary arrangement, permanent, or as a step toward reconciliation, I am sincere in this offer to Elwynn.

Under both these arrangements Elwynn would be in a position to retain all it's traditional lands, develop it's culture in a stable, friendly, and nurturing environment, and have the full might of Shireroth backing it. Full integration/reconciliation would result in more influence over the government of Shireroth, I do point out.

Please consider these thoughts.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I believe I will feel very annoyed if Shireroth is attempting to take advantage of Elwynn's current poor situation by strengthening their stance against their independence. I understand that you want to work things out where they don't leave, but it's starting to feel a lot like kicking the guys when they're down.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

I'm just offering an alternative in light of what's happened. I figure I should mention it now before things begin to progress again.

What Ardy did was beyond jacked up. I'm honestly thinking about banning in from Shireroth for what he did to Elwynn. Not sure if I ought to.. but.. that kinda things is low.... very low.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If, in light of a reasonable investigation into the matter, Ardy did indeed delete the forum... then yes, I think I would agree with you on that course of action.

Falkner van der Sluijs

I still feel in favor of an independent Elwynn. They have put a lot of effort into their movement, and despite their setbacks have shown incredible resolve. Yes, perhaps the treaty will need reworking, but they deserve their chance post-Ardy.

On Ardy, I think there might be a city that needs renaming also...
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Ardy's Reach in Maraguo, Nelaga Territories already lies in ruins from a totally different incident.

Falkner van der Sluijs

I meant one that's in Elwynn somewhere, if I'm not mistaken
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Ardashirshahr, in Alalehzamin.

Falkner van der Sluijs

That's the one
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Perhaps renaming it after Ric in some way............
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Lyon's Den? :p
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Personally, I see the Kaiser's solution as the best one.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Nathan of Natopia

The Elwynnese people have expressed their desire to remain independent countless times. We were betrayed, and internal betrayals are the hardest for any nation with even strongest security to prevent. We have a secure host and the forums have been restored to the best of our ability. Content loss was actually negligible save for some talk over a constitution and a few treaty discussions.

As a member of the government I must respectfully reject the Kaiser's suggestion and request that any concerns with the latest version of the treaty be brought up so we may continue negotiations as if Ardashir's folly never happened.
Nathan,

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Ardy's Reach in Maraguo, Nelaga Territories already lies in ruins from a totally different incident.
Yeah, he really was good at destroying thousands of lives. :D
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Are you talking about me behind my back again?
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Demon of Fides wrote:Are you talking about me behind my back again?
Where you the one who destroyed Ardy's Reach with the Omen? :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

No, in that war all I did was ferry Andreas' planes around in my carriers...
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Iskander Mirkdale

Harvey Steffke wrote:If, in light of a reasonable investigation into the matter, Ardy did indeed delete the forum... then yes, I think I would agree with you on that course of action.
No investigaton necessary, we have the maintenance logs that list exactly what was deleted and when.
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Okay 1) showing us logs would be great for an investigation and 2) I still haven't heard anyone from Elwynn testify specifically that Ardy deleted the forums.

I sympathize with the situation, but again, I don't want to condemn a man without any sort of firm accusations and evidence.

Iskander Mirkdale

They are being prepared and will be released soon subject to the relevant approvals.
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Return to “Kaiser's Court”