Statement from Elwynn

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Daniel Farewell

Re: Statement from Elwynn

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Of course we don't!

On the opposite, we also wish to cooperate with Shireroth in our indictment of Ardashir Khan.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Well.. Then what's your point? :) I've had issues with you and this country of your from the moment you made it known you were pulling this stunt. I've been pretty clear I think it's stupid, suspect and a generalyl bad move all around. But here I am, negotiating it anyways.

As for Ardy, I think it's mostly agreed his actions are in the jacked up category of things. However, his actions kinda lend credence, in my eyes, that this whole thing with Elwynn was questionable. And while I know you and those you've picked up after the fact are keen on the idea of Elwynn as a country, I kinda wonder if you've really pondered if it makes sense or is even a good idea for Elwynn itself.

Once this treaty is signed, and the country settles down, then what? Sign treaties of recognition for a week or two... then what? You lack a strong citizen base, your culture is about as developed as it's gonna be, there's little room to expand. Harvey, to me, kinda made the point clearly in the other thread. As much as you've decided Shireroth was some evil empire over Elwynn, it gave you more then you seem willing to give it credit.

So, I'll keep going with this negotiation, in the same vein as I've been doing from the start, but I still think you all really need to think of this in the grand scheme and long term of it. I've made a few offers, and they've been reject out of hand, but they still stand.

When this is finalized, I'll put it before the Landsraad, so my bias won't run the day. That should help alleviate any concern you have about my views.

Daniel Farewell

Your Niftiness,

I do understand this: you are upset, you mistrust us. And I understand that, I comprehend such "treachery". The fact is now, whatever I reasons were, Elwynn is a state... But let me say this... Should all of Elwynn disappear and only be left, for I will never leave my precious land, my country, my home... I will let it return to the arms of Shireroth. That is my promise and that is my will. But as long as there are other Elwynnese, Elwynn will be independent. But we'll see how far this project goes. I hope our countries can be friends, whatever the outcome will be.

In hindsight, I maybe shouldn't have pushed for independence. But what is done is done, and I represent more than my own feelings. I have four other Elwynnese that I speak for. ANd they wish for idnependence.

I will draft a treaty for you, sir.

I reiterate my wish for Shirerithian cooperation in upcoming trial of Ardashir Khan Osmani.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I give that cooperation freely and without reservation.

That promise reassures my greatly, I will have you know. There will always be a light on for Elwynn here in Shireroth.

But, just set my personally feelings aside, I have. After we get this worked out. We might consider something a bit more meaningful for our nations. We are neighbors, with various historical and cultural ties, I would not mind seeing some form of alliance between our two states.

Daniel Farewell

Thank you, sir, for your cooperation.

Here is the Elwynnese draft of an indictment for Ardashir (it may change). I am looking for your input
Draft indictment:

THE JUDEX OF THE ELWYNNESE REALM

In the Court of First Instance

RÍQI ADURELLION
-v-
ARDASHIR KHAN OSMANI, THE EMIR OF RASPUR
Defendant

THE DEFENDANT
Ardashir Khan Osmani, the Emir of Raspur, hereinafter Raspur, is a citizen of Elwynn at the time of the indictment and at the time of the alleged offences took place. He goes also under the names “Khan of Vajayanagara”, “Aurangzeb Khan” and simply “Ardashir”. He also holds citizenship in the Republic of Antica and the Kingdom of Babkha.

COUNT ONE
Act of micronational terrorism

1. Law referenced

The law referenced on this Count is Lawbook, Chapter VI, Section L.
L: Terrorism

1. Terrorism shall be defined as the unlawful use or threatened use of electronic violence (spamming, viruses, DOS attacks, etc.) by a person or an organized group of people against the citizens or their property with the intention of intimidating, damaging, coercing, or otherwise disturbing the State or the nation.
2. A terrorist act shall be punished by banishment from the Shirerithian board for no more than two weeks and no less than two days, depending on the seriousness of the attack.
3. If an attack produces extreme or permanent damage, then the sentence can be extended.
2. Legal background

While Elwynn declared itself independent of Shireroth on 5 August 2010, and assumed sovereignty on the same date, the Elwynnese state inherited, in accordance with international norms and laws, the laws of Shireroth in as much as they are applicable in an independent and sovereign Elwynn.

3. The acts

On or about 25 September 2010, did the defendant from the account “Ardashir” on the board of Elwynn, access the administration login, and from IP number XXXXX, delete forum “Lith Adurellion”, delete forum, posts and subforums of “The Elirian Bazaar”, delete forum and subforums of “Ardashirshahr”. The forum “The Elirian Bazaar” included the legislative Congress of the Elwynnese Realm (Anceoman Ríqi Adurellion).

By committing these acts, Raspur used electronic violence with the intention of damaging and disturbing the State (that is, Elwynn).

COUNT TWO
Prevention of the carrying on of government

1. Law cited

Ducal Decree XI, Tveir, Section (m).
Tveir. Without prejudice to the generality or scope of the Powers conferred upon Us by Article Ein We may, by Order, deport any person from Our Most Magnificent Duchy of Froyalan who:

[...]

(m) prevents or obstructs, or attempts or is concerned in an attempt to prevent or obstruct, by force of arms or other violent means or by any form of intimidation the carrying on of any branch (whether Legislative, Judicial, or Executive) of Our Ducal Government or the exercise or performance by any member of the legislature, the judiciary, or the executive or by any of Our officers or employees (whether civil (including police) or military) of any of their functions; [...].
2. Legal background

The Ducal Decree XI was issued by Harald Thorstein, duke of Froyalan (the name of Elwynn during his rule) on 6 January 2008. The highest office of Elwynn then was the duke. He held all judicial powers within Elwynn. With the present regime of Elwynn, it is the people who hold sovereignty and thus their institutions who have a right of deporting individuals.

3. The acts

On or about the 25 September 2010 did the defendant obstruct by the force of arms or other violent means obstruct the legislature of the Elwynnese Realm from their functions by deleting the forum “The Elirian Bazaar”, under which the subforum “Anceoman Ríqi Adurellion" was the legislature of the Realm.

Signed:

Kaiser Ometeotl I

You guys still use our laws? That's... kinda weird, I think.

But.. first glance looks okey.

Daniel Farewell

Sir,

I will have to explain: we use the laws, as applicable on a free Elwynn, of Shireroth as they were on the day we assumed sovereignty, just like the United States used English common law, and then developed those English customs in their own way in two hundred years after their independence.

We owe a lot to Shireroth, its laws and culture bind us together. We are Raynor's children, perhaps a bit undisciplined, unfaithful, but we are still Raynor's children.

We have inherited the laws of Shireroth and the duchy of Elwynn. Laws don't get just repealed unless someone repeals them.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Nods in satisfaction at the indictment, and at the statement*

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

And, if so desired, the Shirithian indictment (though I can easily edit it to be an Elwynnese indictment):

...wait, where the PRH did the upload box go, eh I guess I'll put it on Mediafire :angry

http://www.mediafire.com/?552bf5pjosou7rh

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Shyriath wrote:*Nods in satisfaction at the indictment, and at the statement*
*Nods in satisfaction at the above statement*
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Be cautious... or someone might mistake us for a collection of bobble-heads.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Daniel Farewell wrote:Sir,

I will have to explain: we use the laws, as applicable on a free Elwynn, of Shireroth as they were on the day we assumed sovereignty, just like the United States used English common law, and then developed those English customs in their own way in two hundred years after their independence.

We owe a lot to Shireroth, its laws and culture bind us together. We are Raynor's children, perhaps a bit undisciplined, unfaithful, but we are still Raynor's children.

We have inherited the laws of Shireroth and the duchy of Elwynn. Laws don't get just repealed unless someone repeals them.
:love
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Daniel Farewell

Your Majesty,

Here comes a draft from the Elwynnese government.
ARTICLES OF PEACE, FRIENDSHIP AND COOPERATION BETWEEN THE ELWYNNESE REALM AND THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH

In desiring peace among brothers and sisters, the Elwynnese Realm and His Majesty the Kaiser of Shireroth appointed the following plenipotentaries;

FOR THE ELWYNNESE REALM:

[names]

FOR HIS MAJESTY THE KAISER OF SHIREROTH:

[name(s)]

Who, in good faith, negotiated the following articles of agreement:

Peace, friendship and cooperation shall from now on prevail between the Elwynnese Realm and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and between their respective peoples.

The border between the Elwynnese Realm and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth shall be delineated as depicted on the maps attatched in Schedules 1 of the present Treaty, as well as that the border within Tielion Loki, the city of peace for the two States, shall be drawn, from west, the Avenue of Zurvan, eastward, to the Khan Junction, from which the border shall continue on the Memorial Avenue.

Sharing roots in the areas of the arts, law and economy, the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Elwynnese Realm agree to cooperate in a good neighbourly fashion in the said areas, for their advancement and welfare of their respective peoples. In doing so, the Imperial Republic of Shireroth shall perform its outmost in gaining the approval of the SCUE member states for the Elwynnese Realm to join the economic area under the "Hurmu precedent".

This Treaty shall be in force indefinitely until terminated in accordance with its provisions. At any time after the ratification of this Treaty by both Parties, either Party may give notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate the Treaty, in which case the Treaty shall terminate one month after such notice has been given.

Nothing in this Treaty shall be construed to deny the right of either Party to request renegotiation or amendment of all or part of the Articles herein. Any amendment shall be subject to the agreement and ratification of both Parties.

This Treaty shall be ratified by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Elwynnese Realm in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which both Parties shall have ratified it.

In faith whereof, the appointed plenipotentiaries have signed the above Articles of Peace.

Done at Shirekeep, this [date].

[signatures]

SCHEDULE 1

Kaiser Ometeotl I

You might want a line in the SCUE section about how all Elwynn held funds shall be relinquished to Elwynn by Shireroth upon the acceptance of Elwynn into the SCUE.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

FOR HIS MAJESTY THE KAISER OF SHIREROTH:
Shouldn't that be 'IMPERIAL MAJESTY'? ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Shouldn't it be HIS GLORIAL AND IMPERIAL NIFTINESS? :document

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Err.. does it really matter?

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

no
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yes! The Kaiser of Shireroth isn't a king, he's almost a demigod! :worship :p

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

A note on this: If it makes any difference to them, I do not grant the Elwynnese permission to use the Kalirion shield I designed or any variant thereof. You sell my beloved Duchy out to a bunch of vultures and betray my country without so much as asking me my opinion beforehand, you don't get to use my art.

Not to mention that being a Kalirion used to mean something and a once-noble family has had its name dragged through the mud far too much already.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

err. Since Hyperborea has it's own fun status in all this, I will ask that the request is honoured.

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

I agree with Scott, I did not previously realize the shield was of his design. I've requested to my peers that we do not use his design.
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Kaiser Ometeotl I

That.. was to easy... what gives?

Daniel Farewell

Scott:

Talk to me next time you're online. Also, if you want me to, I'll stop using the Kalirion surname.

Kaiser:

I believe what you said is covered by this clause:

In doing so, the Imperial Republic of Shireroth shall perform its outmost in gaining the approval of the SCUE member states for the Elwynnese Realm to join the economic area under the "Hurmu precedent".

But we can clarify it further. Any other issues with the treaty? Excepting of course your understandable wobbly opinion about the entire issue.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Well, unless you want to put the dam issue in this treaty, I can't really think of anything. Anyone else got anything?

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

I thought the dam issue was solved? It's entirely within Shireroth.
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Oh.. okey. That works.

Daniel Farewell

Kaiser, you think we can move forward?

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I'm good. To the Landsraad with this!

Kaiser Ometeotl I

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14111

Just thought you might like to know it passed.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”