Imperial Order BI-9: Heir and Abdication

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser B'caw I

Imperial Order BI-9: Heir and Abdication

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

I had been planning to wait to do this until we'd had more time to figure out where the future was going... But my laptop decided to stop functioning yesterday, and so my ability to actually post at length has been severely cut back. I should still be around for the occasional post, but I can no longer guarantee I'll be around as much as a Kaiser should be, and I can't be sure how long that state of affairs will persist. Therefore, I hereby appoint Erik Mortis my heir and abdicate the throne of Shireroth.

To everyone, whether they've stayed with Shireroth or not, I must apologize for what has happened during my reign. Any number of people have told me that it wasn't my fault, that I couldn't have done anything to prevent it, that I'm a good guy who had the bad luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... And I thank them for that. Still, as Kaiser, I wish I could have done more. I feel, however unlikely it would've been, that it was my duty to do more. It's a part of what being Kaiser means, or should mean.

A nation is nothing without its people, and we've lost an awful lot of good ones... skilled people, well-remembered people, people I never thought I'd see go. And, whether or not I could have stopped it, it happened on my watch. The fault might not have been mine, but the responsibility was.

I ask, as have Kaisers before, to be remembered with an epithet; but I will make no request as to which one shall be used. Times like this, which bring such a sweep of change, cannot be commemorated by one man's judgement, and nor can his handling of them.

I thank you all for your understanding.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Imperial Order BI-9: Heir and Abdication

Post by Jacobus Loki »

To me, you represent the beginning of a renaissance of Shireroth. I think you should be known as "the Steadfast", or something of that nature.

It was a pleasure working with you.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You didn't deserve what happened during your reign, but you didn't really do a whole lot of amazing work to stop it either.

Still, better than the last three we've had.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

He did what he could, and had a great deal piled on him. I know few who could have held together so well.

It wasn't Shyriath who failed. It was I. I caused a great deal of the problems, either directly or indirectly in previous reigns. It was I who pushed houses, who ignore complaints, who allowed people to leave without addressing issues. It was I who failed. Somehow, and I'm not sure yet how, I will strive to fix this. I will work to rectify so many grievous errors.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

HOCH DER KAISER!

Malarbor and the Line of Mors!

Return to “Kaiser's Court”