Imperial Decree #468: Imperial Code of Law

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser B'caw I

Imperial Decree #468: Imperial Code of Law

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

IMPERIAL DECREE #468: IMPERIAL CODE OF LAW
DONE ON 15 QARBINIONSMOON, 4028 ASC, AT SHIREKEEP

As a part of the legal reforms we wish to facilitate in this nation, it is our desire to institute a single code of law, which may be modified alike by the Kaiser and the Landsraad, rather than have separate codes for each.

THEREFORE, we, B'caw I, by the grace of the Gods Kaiser of Shireroth, hereby decree that the Decreebook and Lawbook, as they have existed up to this time, shall cease to have legal effect, and that their contents are to be hereby united into a new Lawbook, also known as the Imperial Code of Law.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Imperial Decree #468: Imperial Code of Law

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Wait a sec, I think a charter revision is needed for that...

But... but...

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

The old lawbook has been moved to here, to avoid conflict with Lawbook of Shireroth (old), and "Lawbook" and "Lawbook of Shireroth" have been set to redirect to the new document.

I had originally been thinking that I would solicit changes to the new document and issue it all in one go, but frankly that'll take forever. Better to get an initial document out there that the Landsraad can then start proposing changes to...
Wait a sec, I think a charter revision is needed for that...
*Has a look*

...Charter I.B.e. "All Imperial Law set down by the Kaiser shall be recorded in the Decreebook." Dammit. Okay, well, let's get that taken care of...

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Idea the first:

IC I(B)(e): All Imperial Law assented to or promulgated by the Executive shall be recorded in the Imperial Code of Law.
IC (unknown): The Executive is the Kaiser of Shireroth; or the Steward if the Kaiser is unable to rule; or the Prætor of the Landsraad if both the Kaiser and the Steward are unable to rule.

Closes a loophole that prevents the Landsraad from decreeing when rule has fallen to them.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Kudos to the Kaiser for finally doing what should have been done a long time ago.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

:thumbsup

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

CJ Miller wrote:Idea the first:

IC I(B)(e): All Imperial Law assented to or promulgated by the Executive shall be recorded in the Imperial Code of Law.
IC (unknown): The Executive is the Kaiser of Shireroth; or the Steward if the Kaiser is unable to rule; or the Prætor of the Landsraad if both the Kaiser and the Steward are unable to rule.

Closes a loophole that prevents the Landsraad from decreeing when rule has fallen to them.
There is no loophole. Both the Landsraad and the Kaiser can amend the Lawbook at any time. We have never had and don't need a system of assent or promulgation of laws, since what we have works just fine as it is. Introducing the concept of an "executive" is unnecessary. Succession to the powers of the Kaiser by the Steward is provided for elsewhere, and if both the Kaiser and Steward are unable to legislate, the Landsraad may do so, as well as at any other time.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Kaiser's Court”