Needing an Arbiter

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser B'caw I

Needing an Arbiter

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Since amending the Charter requires agreement from the Kaiser, Praetor, and Arbiter, and we have no Arbiter, and any new Arbiter can't be the Kaiser or Praetor...

We need an Arbiter to get any Charter changes through legally. :kaiser The alternative is that I invoke because-I-can-ness to get it done, and I prefer not to do things that way.

Whoever it is will need to be willing to stay on their toes. The Lawbook is going to be unified and revised; the Charter is going to be at the very least revised. I'm considering a document, the Great Convention, either in addition to or as a replacement for the Charter, which will set down the respective powers and responsibilities of the Imperial Government and the subdivisions, with more delegation going to said subdivisions.

We have any takers? Or do I have to appoint someone and drag them into the Judex? :smashy

CJ Miller

Re: Needing an Arbiter

Post by CJ Miller »

I'm game.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

My vision of the Great Convention was much like the Ducal Convention I created in Goldenbrook. A binding agreement between the Kaiser and Nobles. Outlining what each expected from the other. A contract. What the nobles expect of each other too, would make sense.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

CJ Miller wrote:I'm game.
I'm supporting CJ to take the job. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm not.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Andreas? Jonas?

Erik, if all we need at the moment is somebody to approve the charter changes, why not let CJ do it?

For Mors sake, I'd do it as long as its enough to ink up the rubber stamp, stamp it and get out.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

(I like being able to use this device to post, but one drawback is that I can't seem to copypaste any text that's not in a text box. No easy quoting for me.)

Erik: Yes, I remember, and it's more or less what I was pondering in a Convention, though I might expand upon it a bit. At the moment, I'm thinking:

-Imperial Charter continues as an outline of the basic structure of the Imperial Government by itself.
-Imperial Code of Law contains all permanent law within the Imperial Government's scope.
-Great Convention, outlining the responsibilities and powers of subdivisions and the government with respect to one another. The would lay out the level of autonomy the subdivisions had, what powers would be reserved to the Imperial Government, and so on. It should probably include an oath to abide by the Charter and the Code of Law as well.

Because the Convention would indeed be a contract, it might be a good tool to use for new citizens and/or annexed nations; agreement to abide by the Great Convention could be a formal criterion for entry into Shireroth.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yes, appointing CJ Arbiter would be pretty hilarious. :)
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

It would be fun. But we do the best we can with what we've got.

The Praetor is solid, the Kaiser is indeed Nifty, and the Steward will be back soon.

Why not come back and do your law thing?
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Cause he's full of angst?

But I think CJ is a bit to.. inexperienced to be the Arbiter. It's an important job, and he can be a bit controversial. I would support Jake for the job.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

His Niftyness has asked me to take up some slack at MiniEx. I'd do both, but I really would like to see Scott (and Mike, angst and all) back soon.

.........And we need a MoMa.
Jacobus Loki

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Miller for Arbiter.

Jonas for Minister of Military Affairs.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Jonas as MoMA makes sense.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Thank you CJ!

Let's drag him over here!
Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Grmbl. Alright, if there's nobody else I will take the job of MoMa. But don't expect me to do stuff before 22nd August (as I'm Saturday once again departing for a trip, this time to Switzerland). :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Erik, kindly stop labelling my concerns as 'angst'. It's not like you're free from that, you know.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Erik, kindly stop labelling my concerns as 'angst'. It's not like you're free from that, you know.
That's one reason you guys should work together.
Jacobus Loki

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Do I smell a budding bromance?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I said work together, not.........

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm quite full of Angst.. of this I am aware.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Do I smell a budding bromance?
*Watches in fascination as his synapses fuse*
Grmbl. Alright, if there's nobody else I will take the job of MoMa. But don't expect me to do stuff before 22nd August (as I'm Saturday once again departing for a trip, this time to Switzerland)

I wish I could go to Switzerland... grmbl.

Okay, so we have a MoMA, even if we have to wait for a bit before he can start work. Another gap filled.

As for Arbiter... I'll wait till this weekend for any takers. Erik is right in saying the job is important and should have someone with experience; unfortunately, people with experience who aren't otherwise busy, unwilling, or currently in a state of rebellion are in fantastically short supply right now, and we need someone in the role. Unless someone else steps up, CJ is on a list of one.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Okay, consider me reimmigrated and on a list of two. I can't let you do something that retarded.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser B'caw I wrote: Okay, so we have a MoMA, even if we have to wait for a bit before he can start work. Another gap filled.
Don't forget to write a Decree, Your Niftiness. :document
:worship :worship :worship :worship

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Done. (Sorry, trying to keep up with things...)

Welcome back, Mike; shall you inform MiniImNat that you're back, or shall I? :document

So, that makes two candidates for Arbiter, which is wonderful. As of this posting, it's late Friday morning EST; if any third candidates plan on popping up, they have till Saturday evening to do so. Then we'll get this ball rolling.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Okay, consider me reimmigrated and on a list of two. I can't let you do something that retarded.
Something as retarded as hiring somebody who has admitted to currently being Antican to one of the government posts of Shireroth?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Well, if you knew anything about Shirerithian law and tradition, you would know that the Arbiter is only limited by tri-cit. This would also not be the first time that a dual cit has served as Arbiter. Perhaps we should keep better track of your citizenships since you seem to apply everywhere.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Shireroth, Hamland, and Victoria.

Your argument is invalid.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You two.. behave...play nice.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

...........old times...............

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Well, Safiria is still on the map, isn't it?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Kaiser's Court”