A Proposal to the Kaiser: Charter Revision Part 2

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Erik Mortis

A Proposal to the Kaiser: Charter Revision Part 2

Post by Erik Mortis »

IC: II. C.
Section C: Members of the Landsraad.

a. The Landsraad shall consist of the Nobles of Shireroth.
b. Nobles may pick their own successor from among those eligible by birthright. Should no heir be available the Kaiser shall appoint the next noble.
c. The Kaiser has the power to create and destroy subdivisions as zie sees fit. The Kaiser has the power to reshape the borders of any subdivision as zie sees fit.
d. The Landsraad may remove a subdivision’s seat from the Landsraad, thereby disbanding the subdivision completely and redefining the lands as necessary.
e. Only Nobles of Shireroth or Emissaries appointed by a noble may speak or vote within the Landsraad. The nobles of the Landsraad may allow non-nobles to speak within the Landsraad under procedures specified by the Landsraad.
f. Nobles of Shireroth may not violate this Charter, Imperial Decrees, Landsraad Procedures, or the Lawbook.
To become
Section C: Members of the Landsraad.

a. The Landsraad shall consist of the Nobles of Shireroth.
b. Nobles shall have zir successor chosen by the individual instruments of their associated fief.
c. Only the Landsraad may disband a subdivision completely and redefining the lands as necessary.
e. Only Nobles of Shireroth or Emissaries appointed by a noble may speak or vote within the Landsraad. The nobles of the Landsraad may allow non-nobles to speak within the Landsraad under procedures specified by the Landsraad.
f. Nobles of Shireroth may not violate this Charter, Imperial Decrees, Landsraad Procedures, or the Lawbook.
Nobles aren't appointed by the Kaiser, they are chosen by some internal manner. Which could in theory be the Kaiser, if they grant that power.
Removed the Kaiser's express power to arbitrarily reshape borders.
Redid how subdivision can be dissolved. Only the Landsraad can do it now.

Jacobus Loki

Re: A Proposal to the Kaiser: Charter Revision Part 2

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Great, wonderful, useful.

What if the Landsraad is MIA?

But I won't go nuts over it.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Then borders aren't redone.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Can we have the Kaiser as backup to appoint a representative in case a Duchy gets inactive or if the laws of the Duchy doesn't have a solution to legally overthrow an inactive representative?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

For the time being, I have no problem with this, although I would point out that the... degree of feudality of the future government may be up for negotiation. In that case, the provisions mentioning nobles may become obsolete. We could still implement this in the interim, however.

For Jonas' points: if a Duchy is so inactive as to require the Kaiser to appoint someone for it, then it probably doesn't deserve a representative, unless everyone's out on official LOA or something. On the other hand, if it's just the representative that's inactive, and for some reason the Duchy couldn't appoint a new one, then yes, I could see the Kaiser stepping in to do so.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Loki III had to do that, oddly enough, with Elwynn......
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Then it would fall to the Duchies to create instruments for such events, not the Imperial Government.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Perhaps, if we wrote up a Great Convention of some sort, that could be one of the responsibilities explicitly mandated for Duchies...

Return to “Kaiser's Court”