Petition for Funds

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Harvey Steffke

Petition for Funds

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Your Niftiness, your meager University Chancellor begs that the crown grant upon his humble institute a small boon of funds, so that her dreams of a functioning, thriving university may come to pass. 5000 :erb should cover our expenses for the startup period, with the large percentage being handed out to your loyal servants that continue to build our grand database.

If it should please the crown, I am willing to prepare monthly expense reports to be delivered to yourself or your Minister of Trade detailing how much money of the university's account has been given out for services in that period. Seeing directly that your personal funds are being utilized for the benefit of the country shall make the necessary further funding to continue the operation obviously worthwhile.

Harvey Steffke

Re: Petition for Funds

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Should you approve, the account MetzlerUniversity has been created for this purpose.

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

I'm not sure how much money we have in the Imperial treasure chests, but I think it's more than 5'000. This request is approved. Please report to the MiniTrade so you can get the money, and please also provide him with the reports you mentioned. Always good to keep track of where the money goes.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Thank you for your support.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Your Niftiness, I am here to inform you that the 5000 erb grant given to the University for a bounty-based incentive program will not be utilized. Therefore, I have returned it, in full, to your imperial coffers.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

In fact, screw it, flat out Chancellor resignation. I was never going to get bountied for it in the first place and now it's actually impossible.

Kaiseress Anandja II

What the fuck Harvey? I'm getting a bit pissed off over here.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well I dunno. The University was gunna be my little moneymaking scheme. Encourage people to update the wiki with money and pocket a little bit for myself. But since I'm out of the econ sim that whole plan feels sorta pointless. It's hard to get people to do work for free.

You got a cleaned up university with a card catalog and a little bit of interest in it now, and you didn't have to waste any money or awards or anything on me, so I'm not so sure what you're upset about.

Kaiseress Anandja II

I thought you were going to do what I appointed you to do, but apparently I was mistaken. It also sounds a bit silly to complain about a moneymaking scheme when you voluntarily opt out of the economy.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I'm not complaining about the scheme. I said it was a plan, but the plan got changed, so there wasn't any point to the scheme.

In any event, my ideas were universally loathed. I wanted to talk about nationalizing the language; everyone said that was stupid and they'd rather wait. So fine. Wait.

Kaiseress Anandja II

No point in commenting further.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Didn't you have other projects and plans?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Sure, projects and plans. But words are cheap and everyone has more of them than the can act on. There was a lot of unanswered, fairly large looming questions. Like how I was going to get everything where it needed to be when all of the posts are in a thousand different forums and I don't have admin access or even permission from the posters to start tossing stuff around. Or how I was going to setup an archive where people could browse various things that couldn't be easily wiki'd, like images or .doc books and stuff, without having an actual hosting site to put these things on or the coding to make an archive that I wouldn't have to manually update. Or if anyone was going to go with this at all since it would require people to write new stuff and review old stuff. It's hard to do peaceful growth projects during dramallama times. Would have been a lot of work to do right and I don't really like halfassing things but I couldn't have done this without serious time, which I may not have, effort, which I'm having a hard time putting forth in the country right now (save writing increasingly rambling, long posts - like this one!), and support, which I think I've about worn down to the nub at this point.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

hmmm.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Sure, projects and plans. But words are cheap and everyone has more of them than the can act on. There was a lot of unanswered, fairly large looming questions. Like how I was going to get everything where it needed to be when all of the posts are in a thousand different forums and I don't have admin access or even permission from the posters to start tossing stuff around. Or how I was going to setup an archive where people could browse various things that couldn't be easily wiki'd, like images or .doc books and stuff, without having an actual hosting site to put these things on or the coding to make an archive that I wouldn't have to manually update. Or if anyone was going to go with this at all since it would require people to write new stuff and review old stuff. It's hard to do peaceful growth projects during dramallama times. Would have been a lot of work to do right and I don't really like halfassing things but I couldn't have done this without serious time, which I may not have, effort, which I'm having a hard time putting forth in the country right now (save writing increasingly rambling, long posts - like this one!), and support, which I think I've about worn down to the nub at this point.
If you'd asked, I would've given you access to raikoth.net (don't you have it already?) and at least Landsraaded giving you temporary admin.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

It's more than just that. I'd need permissions and stuff. Like I'd want to move some of your Hyperborean threads to the university so that they could be in the same section as other related topics (conlanging, architecture, and so on) but you might not want me to do that. And I'd have to go through old archived forums and things. To say nothing of the webdesign necessary for the offsite archive. I envisioned it as a big project and I'd need a lot of help and this really isn't the best time to be trying to get everyone to hold hands.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”