Imperial Order AII-5: Chancellor of the University

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Anandja II

Imperial Order AII-5: Chancellor of the University

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

Imperial Order AII-5

An Order to Provide for the Appointment of a Chancellor of the University

1. In order to ensure the continued management of the University, and to perhaps bring some needed activity to its halls, I hereby appoint Harvey Steffke to the position of Chancellor of the University.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Harvey Steffke

Re: Imperial Order AII-5: Chancellor of the University

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I vaguely remember declining.

Still, eh, okay.

Kaiseress Anandja II

Re: Imperial Order AII-5: Chancellor of the University

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

I vaguely remember you saying that you wanted to turn it into a place where we archive or history.
Harvey Steffke wrote:Actually, here. Here's my take on it for your consideration. Nobody wants to do the standard university nonsense of reading lectures, filling out homework, and taking tests. We've all been through that to death with our real classes and it wasn't fun then either. I tried to minimize the whole thing to a "work at your own pace" model in Nelaga, but even cutting out a lot of the busywork nobody wanted to be students.

Therefore, my agenda for the university would be about far less about teaching classes and a lot more about archiving our past. It would be focused on three aspects: fact-finding; using search engines to find old threads or uploading old images or chat logs or the like, compilation; transferring the raw data into readable wiki entries and uploading things like stories or images to a public archive, and peer review; looking over the work of others to make sure it is accurate and complete.

All three of these aspects would be done by volunteers and every single effort would be bountied, with money granted depending on effort and difficulty.
DO IT
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Return to “Kaiser's Court”