Imperial Proclaimation MVI 3: Various matters.

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Mors VI

Imperial Proclaimation MVI 3: Various matters.

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Some have recently suggested that I have been lax in my duties as Kaiser. I would not necessarily deny there point. However, I do feel I should make clear my position.

As of late I haven't been putting forward as many crazy plans, and "bright" ideas as was common at the beginning of my reign. This has not been for a lack of having them. But partly a lack of faith that suggesting, or enacting them was possible. I have tested the waters with some ideas, and gotten zero response, or negative response if any. Thus I have been more frugal with my ideas, keeping them to myself and trying to work them out. Trying to brew them into something more palatable. I feel that should now end. Considering the misunderstanding that has arisen due to my keeping my own council on ideas, I will start to bring more of them forth once again. I feared that to many ideas was breeding the seeds of rebellion. I guess by not mentioning them, and no one asking me anything, I helped that happen anyways.

Further, some ideas I thought might be well received, I did not feel it was time for yet. I still, by my calculations have a bit less then a month to go in my reign, plenty of time to get things moving. However, apparently this is no sufficient for some.

One of the ideas, worked on with Malliki, was to take some of the lands that used to be Duchies, and bind them together. Once bound, grant them to some houses/individuals, as a single unified fief. I have not enacted this plan due to inactivity. I felt it gave the wrong message to grant lands to inactive people and houses.

Which brings up the most pressing topic on many a mind. The inactivity in the nation, and the hobby. It's been clear for some time that a slump was coming. Things being cyclical as they are, it was time. I came into this reign knowing inactivity was going to be a problem I would face, and accepted it. Many of my plans though, I knew, would create much unrest and controversy, and I had hoped that this would be enough to allow things to keep moving. I was relying on this activity to drive projects and ideas. Sadly, things aren't working out that way.

So I am left pondering, how could we make things more interesting. Thus I ask about our governmental form a few days ago, to see what people really thought Shireroth was, and in turn should be. I'm still curious. I still wish to know what we are, and what people want us to be.

I have no intention of abdicating because someone has gotten impatient with their shot for the throne. As I stated when I took the throne, I will not brook rebellion. If you have an issue, we have proper channels for such things. Shireroth ignores the rule of law far to often. I do not desire to see that dangerous trend continue. If someone has an issue with my reign, they can come and talk to me, NOT jump the gun and revert to old ways of handling a situation. And that being said, I invite comment. I would like ideas, and questions concerning my reign, and the state of the Empire.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Re: Imperial Proclaimation MVI 3: Various matters.

Post by Malliki Tosha »

My rebellion continues. This is too little, too late. You have no remedy for the slump, hence my actions.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Have fun with that.

And what would your glorious solution to inactivity be?
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Out of ideas, huh? That can be frustrating.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Just seeing if you actually had ideas or was just trying to grandstand.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh I do have ideas. You seem to be out of them though. :)
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Moving on....
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I would point my finger and scream 'AHA!!!', but it feels a bit superfluous.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

No.. We're just going in circles. You won't show that you yourself even have any ideas aside from trying to claim the throne, and nothing I say will be sufficient for you. So.. Moving on...
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm not the one currently on the throne. Tell me what your plan is to combat the slump. This recent flurry of activity from you is because of me and Ardy.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I don't deny that you and Ardy spurred me to be more active and aggressive in my tactics. In fact, I thank you for the kick in the pants.

Now that I've had that kick, it's time for me to bring some ideas forward. To see about finding out what changes people want to see. Maybe rebuild the Landsraad. I'd change the flag but I promised I wouldn't.
Also, I want to let Scott move ahead with some options for the forum colour scheme he had.

The real problem right now is getting people motivated. With finals and exams, that's going to be hard. But we need to find ways to get people more engaged. That's part of why I've been wanting to get the Landsraad more enticing, and more open to people, despite your statements that there is no point in doing that.

My attempts to reawaken the Ministries before failed. So maybe we need new ministers.

The real issue is apathy. No one seems to care anymore. There isn't much demand for change in the nation. Most seem content with the way things are, or wish to revert to the old ways. And even then. Maybe part of the problem is people don't feel the have the power to change things, to make things happen or get their agenda through.

So, comes the dilemma I've been working with. If people don't care, how do we get them to care. If we give them power and they use it, great, unless it gets out of control. If we give them power and they don't use it, nothing happens, and we remain inactive.
So how do we best give people enough power to do something, and what's more, useful for the nation?

Anyhoo, despite your demands that I have failed, and have to solve inactivity on my own. How do we get a busy/apathetic population to engage? Sometimes creating topic to discuss can create some activity, spur some action, but that's been failing. Do we give them power?

Rewards and encouragement failed. Just making topics and engaging them has been failing. So. Give them power. And thus, I ask about our government and what people want.

However, most of my ideas to create more interaction between people and government has been rebuked as to democratic, or such. You among them have rebuked many of my potential ideas.

But yeah, my general plan. Retool the government so that it gives people more options for interaction and the ability to change things.

A recruitment drive wouldn't be that bad either.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

1. Alien invasion.

2. Give me citizenship. :smashy

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Mr Miller,

You have citizenship in too many countries. That's why you were denied citizenship by the Landsraad.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Step one should be to lead by example, which you appear to be starting to do now. Perhaps the answer is that we don't want broad changes since we largely ignore your questions? I'm not saying you have to fight against inactivity all by yourself, but being the leader also means taking some responsibility.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Which I do. I haven't been as active as I should have been. I just wish you had come talk to me first. And I mean directly. Not with sorta obscure PMs, but out right ask me a question.

Okey, then what subtle reforms would people like?
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

You ignored my PM and I was bored. The fact is that you should have been more active. I just took action.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

Shorter terms for kaisers, down to two- or one-month periods. This would allow for more people being able to shape the future of Shireroth. New ideas, new people. People will feel that they have a chance to influence the way this nation works.

Four kaisers now make a year. We could make that eight kaisers.

Daniel Farewell

Remove the Decreebook.

The Decreebook should be integrated with the Lawbook. The Lawbook itself should be reformed, probably removed, and instead be replaced by a number of legislative acts. No Act of Landsraad can then be used to limit the Landsraad in the future. It would work as the way imperial decrees work and supersede each other.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Most of what is in the decreebook can't go in the lawbook, cause it's stuff having to do with the Kaiser.

We used to do the loose acts thing, but that got confusing as to what was active and still in place. The Lawbook was the reform of that system to make it possible to know the law.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Daniel Farewell wrote:Mr Miller,

You have citizenship in too many countries. That's why you were denied citizenship by the Landsraad.
http://www.kingdomofvictoria.com/forum/ ... f=2&p=3008

*AHEM*

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

You still have citizenship in Gralus you got and then never did anything with. I'm beginning to wonder if you only want citizenship where you can't have it ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The Landsraad rejected your citizenship. The reason for them doing so is of note, but it is a rejection none-the-less. There is nothing to ahem about. Please go away.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Mors has slowly tried to make Shireroth a democracy. Next to that it has replaced the Duchy system by a House system with the intention to make land, power, titles, etc. less bound to territories. This has failed miserably and we ended up with a House system that is quite the same as the Duchy system, but then with the Kaiser owning most of the land (and in a lot of cases that people don't even know anymore which land belongs to who).
I'm not wanting to attack you personally, Your Niftiness, but I can't show any loyalty towards Mors the Fourth. REBELLION! YEAH! :yay: :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Daniel Farewell

Jonas,

He is Mors the Sixth :-P

Kaiser,

You just threw away my ideas. They're radical, I can see that, but they are necessary in a slump. Why do we need a law about the kaiser, can't the kaiser decide that? We have a charter. Right now the succession bit in the charter says that if no successor is appointed, the next living relataive will suceed. This could simply be reinterpreted as "the most senior member of the same house" since houses are families!

As to the Lawbook, do we need it? We don't. We can start a-new. Make new laws, not feel bound by the old Lawbook.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Daniel Farewell wrote:Jonas,

Errr... don't like that Kaiser either. :p

:D
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Daniel Farewell wrote:Jonas,

Kaiser,

You just threw away my ideas. They're radical, I can see that, but they are necessary in a slump. Why do we need a law about the kaiser, can't the kaiser decide that? We have a charter. Right now the succession bit in the charter says that if no successor is appointed, the next living relataive will suceed. This could simply be reinterpreted as "the most senior member of the same house" since houses are families!

As to the Lawbook, do we need it? We don't. We can start a-new. Make new laws, not feel bound by the old Lawbook.
Personally, I think the Lawbook is the best developed and best organised set of micronational law I've ever seen, and is a credit to our nation and its long history. If there are parts which need to change, by all means, change them; but don't throw it away just to create activity as we put each law back in.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Aster

Post by Aster »

Seeing a grand, weary old nation tear itself apart...

as Hans Landa said...

OHH HOW FUNN!

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I'm not wanting to attack you personally, Your Niftiness, but I can't show any loyalty towards Mors the Fourth. REBELLION! YEAH!
Jonas,

Errr... don't like that Kaiser either.
*The wrathful shade of Mors IV Nerrolar appears robed in shadow and crowned with white-hot fire* INSOLENT MORTAL! DEATH SHALL SPARE THEE NOT! PREPARE THY SOUL FOR ITS JOURNEY TO BALGURD!

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Oh.. Now you've done it.

I'm not trying to shoot your ideas down ric. I just think the Lawbook was one of our better achievements. We tried the disorganized act thing, and it caused issue. So we codified into one document. And the problem with the Decreebook is one of levels of authority. I'm sure I could strip more out of it, and should. And we need somewhere to write down the things the Kaiser doesn't want the Landsraad to be able to edit. The Lawbook is completely editable by the Landsraad, the Decreebook is beyond their power.

But, if there is something you want removed from the lawbook. I'm all for looking at it. I know there are a few things that should likely be removed, like the section on mascots.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Shyriath wrote: *The wrathful shade of Mors IV Nerrolar appears robed in shadow and crowned with white-hot fire* INSOLENT MORTAL! DEATH SHALL SPARE THEE NOT! PREPARE THY SOUL FOR ITS JOURNEY TO BALGURD!
Now I think about it... I liked Mors IV... :fish :)

Return to “Kaiser's Court”