Imperial Decree #449: Declaration of Hurmu

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Mors VI

Imperial Decree #449: Declaration of Hurmu

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

WE, MORS THE SIXTH, Kaiser of Shireroth, and DANIEL FAREWELL KALIRION, Valdi of Hurmu, unto all and sundry whom these presents shall come and concern, do extend our greetings!

We have spoken with one and another on the matter of the current state of affairs of Hurmu. We are saddened with them, but we respectfully acknowledge that Hurmu cannot continue as more than a cherished memory in all of us. Following the advice we have been given, in Shireroth by the Imperial Advisory Council and in Hurmu by the Diet, we have come to realize that the death of Hurmu is imminent due to Hurmu not having a sustainable population; its people scattered all across the face of the earth. In consequence thereof we have reached the following articles of agreement:

Acknowledging the identity of Daniel Farewell Kalirion to be Richard Lyon of Sweden, empowered by the Treaty of Association and Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and Hurmu to represent Hurmu with negotiations regarding the state of Hurmu and the said Treaty, that said Treaty is hereby repealed, subject to the conditions put forward in this Treaty of Settlement on the Territory and Holdings of Hurmu.

The Kaiser of Shireroth renounces, on behalf of himself, his legal heirs and successors and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, all title, right and claim to Hurmu.

Daniel Farewell Kalirion agrees to place Hurmu and its electronic holdings in the care of the Apollo Foundation, if the Apollo Foundation so agrees.

The territory of Hurmu is to be cleared and its cities and towns be marked as ruins on the map of the Micronational Cartography Society. While it is to be decided by the Micronational Cartography Society, we, the parties to this Treaty, deem it desirable that the former territory of Hurmu not should be used for the territorial expansion of already existing States on Micras, but for the usage of new lands, states and nations, for them to populate the lands of the lakes and the land by the River Glacei, the former Lontinien.

We, the undersigned, do hereby declare that this Treaty enters force upon the ratification of the Kaiser of Shireroth and the Declaration of Death of Hurmu by Daniel Farewell Kalirion and the overt notification of both persons to the Micronational Cartography Society.

Done at Shirekeep, 3883 ASC.

Mors VI,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Kaiser Mors VI

Re: Imperial Decree #449: Declaration of Hurmu

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Hurmu has been archived.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

WE, MORS THE SIXTH, Kaiser of Shireroth, and DANIEL FAREWELL KALIRION, Valdi of Hurmu, unto all and sundry whom these presents shall come and concern, do extend our greetings!

We have spoken with one and another on the matter of the current state of affairs of Hurmu. We are saddened with them, but we respectfully acknowledge that Hurmu cannot continue as more than a cherished memory in all of us. Following the advice we have been given, in Shireroth by the Imperial Advisory Council and in Hurmu by the Diet, we have come to realize that the death of Hurmu is imminent due to Hurmu not having a sustainable population; its people scattered all across the face of the earth. In consequence thereof we have reached the following articles of agreement:

Acknowledging the identity of Daniel Farewell Kalirion to be Richard Lyon of Sweden, empowered by the Treaty of Association and Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and Hurmu to represent Hurmu with negotiations regarding the state of Hurmu and the said Treaty, that said Treaty is hereby repealed, subject to the conditions put forward in this Treaty of Settlement on the Territory and Holdings of Hurmu.

The Kaiser of Shireroth renounces, on behalf of himself, his legal heirs and successors and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, all title, right and claim to Hurmu.

Daniel Farewell Kalirion agrees to place Hurmu and its electronic holdings in the care of the Apollo Foundation, if the Apollo Foundation so agrees.

The territory of Hurmu is to be cleared and its cities and towns be marked as ruins on the map of the Micronational Cartography Society. While it is to be decided by the Micronational Cartography Society, we, the parties to this Treaty, deem it desirable that the former territory of Hurmu not should be used for the territorial expansion of already existing States on Micras, but for the usage of new lands, states and nations, for them to populate the lands of the lakes and the land by the River Glacei, the former Lontinien.

We, the undersigned, do hereby declare that this Treaty enters force upon the ratification of the Kaiser of Shireroth and the Declaration of Death of Hurmu by Daniel Farewell Kalirion and the overt notification of both persons to the Micronational Cartography Society.

Done at Shirekeep, 3883 ASC.

Mors VI,
Kaiser of Shireroth

Daniel Farewell Kalirion
Valdi of Hurmu

Daniel Farewell

Could you just confirm this here: http://micras.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4033

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

So we're going to forbid other nations to claim the land where Hurmu once was? Doesn't sound very fair, and I'm curious how you would enforce this.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

Jonas wrote:So we're going to forbid other nations to claim the land where Hurmu once was? Doesn't sound very fair, and I'm curious how you would enforce this.
No, they have expressed their will that the land should be occupied by new nations rather than existing states. So it won't be Batavia or Stormark or Gralus or Alexandria claiming the former Hurmudan Micran territories, but some new micronation(s). This won't be enforced by anyone except the MCS council, but I think they will accept this out of respect for Hurmu.
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

phineas elastopon wrote:
Jonas wrote:So we're going to forbid other nations to claim the land where Hurmu once was? Doesn't sound very fair, and I'm curious how you would enforce this.
No, they have expressed their will that the land should be occupied by new nations rather than existing states. So it won't be Batavia or Stormark or Gralus or Alexandria claiming the former Hurmudan Micran territories, but some new micronation(s). This won't be enforced by anyone except the MCS council, but I think they will accept this out of respect for Hurmu.
That's exactly what I said... :p

With all respect, but I'm not sure that I can respect this: it's not our land and nor our right to say to other (existing or not) nations that they can't claim it. Of course, we can only use our influence and aren't in charge to enforce it, but even in this case I'm not very kind of the idea.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I think it's really Hurmu asking the world nicely that they respect their wishes - think of it as a will. You can't enforce a will once you're dead, but it's nice if people follow your wishes. Shireroth in this case is recognising Hurmu's wishes - in the analogy, you could think of Shireroth as the Executor of the Estate.

And tbh, the comment is probably 80% aimed at Gralus regarding that tiny enclave of Hurmu in the middle of our lands. So they're lucky I glanced at this topic, because nobody else in Gralus will have looked at it (except obviously Corey, but he's more Toketoshal than Gralus).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I'm staying out of this.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

Look, it's not really aimed at Gralus since I totally forgot about Lontinien. It's abotu freeing up land, making someone being abel to do something new with it. Existing states don't need the land, I mean. They won't have use of it, it's about giving new countries the opprtunity to develop the land like they will. Start their own legends about the lakes.

But it's just up to the MCS to enforce it or not. It's not a law. Not even a will. Just a friendly request :)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Daniel Llai wrote: But it's just up to the MCS to enforce it or not. It's not a law. Not even a will. Just a friendly request :)
That's what I wanted to hear. :)

Return to “Kaiser's Court”