Notice of a Prohibited Rebellion

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Iskander Mirkdale

Notice of a Prohibited Rebellion

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

Your Niftiness,

You are probably already aware of the recent rebellion in Elwynn, that was supported by a number of nobles from the other Duchies. However, as no consent was given or requested for it, it was prohibited by the law.

The Ministers of Military Affairs and the Interior also did not fulfil their obligations to come to my immediate assistance in those circumstances, nor did the Imperial Government fulfil its duty to suppress the rebellion.

I would appreciate it your Niftiness would consider this matter and offer any appropriate advice, remedies, etc, and that you would also consider appropriately rewarding those loyalist nobles who did come to Elwynn's aid. :worship
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Austi_Scot

Re: Notice of a Prohibited Rebellion

Post by Austi_Scot »

The law you say!

Lawbook of Shireroth
Chapter II. Subdivision E: Official Positions
1. Restriction
a. In order to hold official positions or titles within a subdivision an individual must be a citizen of Shireroth and meet all Census requirements and regulations set down by the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization.

Chapter III. Nobles A: Requirements
1. Citizenship
a. A Noble of Shireroth must be a citizen of Shireroth.
b. A Noble of Shireroth shall not be a minor as defined by the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization.

Chapter IX: Citizenship A: Basic Citizenship
2. Citizenship Regulations.
a. Regulations upon the aquisition of citizenship shall be established and maintained by the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalizations.

Iskander only signed the March/April 2009 census as an attempt to claim he is still Duke. However he actually has to apply for citizenship.

Because:
Iskander wasn´t in the Jan./Feb. 2009 census.

Therefore Iskander cannot hold the title of Duke.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Iskander was appointed Duke at the request of the people of Elwynn, by the exalted Kaiser Loki III of loving memory.

http://www.shireroth.org/shirewiki/Imperial_Decree_329

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I'm gonna have to agree with the Duke. If he has not permitted the rebellion, it is illegal.

I would prefer you find a way to conclude the matter in an interesting manner without my direct interference, but let it be known the Imperial Government supports the Duke's position. I will take direct action if absolutely required.

However, I do recognize the fact that your inactivity has been pointed out as a major contributing factor to the cause of the rebellion, and ask that you consider if you are capable of lfilling the duty of a duke. Further, your lack of census completion gives the rebels legal cause in the matter. While I'm not at this time using the census in this matter, I would point out that it may become a factor in future decisions.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Your Niftiness, I did not know about the census when I began this rebellion. I claim no legal sanction for my behavior. I claim only the right claimed by your royal ancestors, Letifer I, Mahamantot I, Mors V, and many others: the right to overthrow an incompetent leader and replace him with a competent one.

Your Niftiness, of the six citizens of Elwynn, four support the revolt, one is missing, and only one opposes it - that one being Iskander himself. It is your right to tell the vast majority of the Duchy who are tired of Iskander Mirkdale's rule that they have no other options, and that the Golden Mango Throne will not grant them succor. But I ask - is that truly what you want for your people? Can the law not be bent for a cause so manifestly just that even His Honor the Imperial Judex, the law's greatest defender in these realms, finds sympathy with it?

The law prohibiting rebellion has long been balanced, in spirit if not in letter, with a second law - that those rebellions which are manifestly just will come to fruition, aided by the Kaiser's benevolent will. It was thus that, instead of punishing Greg Russell for his revolt to become Duke of Yardistan, the Throne smiled upon it and granted him the position. If ever there was a time to invoke this second law, Your Niftiness, it is now. I quote from Nehani Eiserdion's address to the Elirian Council:
It has become appallingly clear to me that Baron Mirkdale's interests lie less in using his throne, then in holding onto it. In the past two days after our little rebellion has begun, Baron Mirkdale made twenty-four posts. In the entire two months before that, he made less than twenty. It is this sense that there is nothing to be done, that Elwynn can be neglected as already complete, that has shaken my faith in him. Iskander believes that all a Duke must do is make occasional Landsraad votes, and thus, that is all that has been done in Elwynn during his reign since the preliminary burst of activity when he first took the throne.

Andrew Allot, during his month-odd stay in Shireroth, has already made more posts than Iskander has in two years. And his posts are not mere yeas or nays in the Landsraad. In his own county of Araxion, he has already revived the worship of the goddess Elwynn. Elsewhere, he has passed the bar test and gained membership in the Guild of Lawyers, recruited a new citizen to Shireroth, become MiniInfo, restored the glory of Malarbor, opened a business, resurrected SSHIT, and started a radio station. I believe in meritocracy. And I believe that Andrew Allot has done more to earn the title of Duke than Iskander Mirkdale.

In his single day as claimant to the Ducal Throne, Duke Allot has already made new flags for areas long left flagless during Iskander's term, prayed for Elwynn at the Multi-Temple, and commissioned a history of the rebellion. Andrew Allot has done as much in one day as Iskander Mirkdale has in six months.

Throughout the land, even unto the Golden Mango Throne, there is a tradition that, after ruling a certain period a noble should step down in favor of an heir with fresh new ideas. Indeed, some historians have called this the very essence of Shireroth, saying that without the "three-month" rule placed upon the Kaisership our nation would never have become as vibrant as it is. Though no official three-month rule is placed upon the Duchies of the land, still this same principle has moved the rise and fall of the great noble houses. Erik Mortis is no longer Duke of Brookshire, nor does Scott Alexander rule Elwynn. Jonas has stepped aside as Dutch of Kildare, and Jacobus Loki given Yardistan to another. Ari still rules Straylight, true, but it is one thing for Shireroth's most active citizen, beloved of his subjects, to remain in a position, and quite another for Iskander Mirkdale to do so - and even Ari has frequently ceded his Landsraad powers to another!

I do not ask that the three-month rule apply to Duchies: this would be madness and a break with tradition. But I do think that the spirit that moves the rule - the idea that someone who has lost interest and activity should cede a position to another rather than grasping it ever the more tightly - still applies. It is thus that the Hyperboreans ceded the lordship of Elwynn thrice, and they shall do so a fourth time should it a fourth time fall into their hands.

Iskander Mirkdale has made no move to abide by this spirit. Rather, when he was asked to leave, he has in a fit of spite stripped away the lands and titles of those who did the asking. I wish justice not for myself alone, but especially for Rai Avon-El, the beloved conscience of the Elw, whose years of service to this Duchy were repaid by Mirkdale with the boot. The Duke has locked all threads in which the matter has been discussed, and sought to demand the Babkhan ritual of homage from his previously free subjects.

It is a tradition of this great land that there be no punishment for those who rebel. Even Kaiser Hasan I pardoned the Jacobites, and Kaiser Ayreon I pardoned the Jacobites who rebelled against his reign as well. And when Jacobus at last took power, he pardoned Ayreon's ties to Babkha. In all the history of the land, I know of only one man who has punished his subjects for a just rebellion, and that is Iskander Mirkdale. This does not cow the people of Hyperborea. It only makes them ever more committed to ending his control of our lands.

We the free Elwynnese come from all corners of the Duchy. We want the light of the White Orchid to shine once again in the halls of the North.
Your Niftiness, in these sunset days of your reign, you could do your legacy a great credit by heeding these words, and favoring our rebellion. If the law is too great a burden upon you for you to simply support us, I beg that you present the matter to the Landsraad, as it would give us a chance to plead our case before the assembled nobles of the realm.

If you do not, I pray that your wrath falls on me alone, as I was the instigator of this rebellion and the others have only listened to my words. Allot, Leo, and Ric deserve no punishment, and if you should deny my petition I ask that you at least ask Iskander to cease persecuting these good Shirerithians and restore any titles that he has stripped from them, nor ask them to carry out embarrassing homage ceremonies to him.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Under the terms of the SCIRA charter the Judge (Prodigy) could declare Elwynn in a state of civil war ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Your Niftiness,

Acting as Steward and the presiding member of the Counsel of Eliria, the Duchy of Elwynn has decided to retract all Proposals regarding the rebellion and address the issue among ourselves.

By the grace of the Light,
Leo Fenrir

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Well, then I guess I can let you guys deal with it yourselves then.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A brief note.

I am in Elwynn to support the Duke. It seems my lot in life to champion the oppressed and the underdog.

I do this with no hope of reward other than to see justice, no matter the accusations levied.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”