Imperial Proclaimation MVI 1: Ascension to the Throne.

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Mors VI

Imperial Proclaimation MVI 1: Ascension to the Throne.

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I Mors VI hereby ascend the throne of Shireroth and I have a few things to say.

First, despite the requests of some, and the expectations of others, I will not be reverting the flag of Shireroth to the True Flag. My reasons are many. If the Landsraad took the initiative to reinstate the proper flag of the nation, I would support it, but I will take no action myself to do so.

Second, Yardistan, I believe, still owes taxes. I have not forgotten about that. It really ought to do so.

Third, Ministers still need to tell the Landsraad about their budgetary needs.

Fourth, There may be large changes coming to the way we do nobility. I am still in the discussion phase with various people in the IAC at this point. If the changes occur there will be more room for people to advance, more opportunity for new folks to make a place for themselves, and more room for politics. I'm excited by what is on the drawing board, but it is no were near ready yet, and may never be.

Fifth, We will need a new Steward. I would like the Landsraad to elect one. I will likely allow any choice they make.

Sixth, during my reign I will leave it to the Landsraad to fill any vacancies in Ministerial positions. If a position is required immediately to be filled, I will place a provisional minister until the Landsraad can either confirm or elect a new one.

Seventh, I feel we should work to improve our relations with Antica. For to long has this silly and petty rivalry between our nations stood. I charge the MiniEx with appointing an ambassador, or themselves, to review any agreements we have with Antica and to present them to me shortly. As I don't believe we have much of anything with them, I will charge the MiniEx/Ambassador to begin negotiating a meaningful treaty of friendship and mutual cooperation with the Antican government. I recognize this sounds rather nebulous, and that's where the 'meaningful' comes in. Let us find common cause and ground that we can work toward together.

Eighth, I will not brook meaningless 'rebellion' under my reign. If a noble has legitimate issue with myself or my policies, they should bring them to my attention. I've been the meaningless rebel myself in the past, and I learned how useful and in fact damaging such behavior can be. So if you have issue, take it up with my in conversation. Otherwise, you better hope you have sufficient support to back your rebellion, otherwise I will revoke titles or lands.

Ninth, I desire for the Duke to complete the county census I started as Steward shortly ago. This is important to my plans, and you would not like to no complete this documentation.

Tenth, Nobles WILL be active under my reign, or they will find someone else bestowed with their title.

Eleventh, I am pleased by the reformation and activity I saw recently in the Landsraad, and would like to see the Landsraad take a more active role in the governance of this Empire. The Landsraad is for the nobles to take their place as rulers in this nation, beneath the Kaiser. It's about time they took that into account.

I realize that some of my attitudes upon taking the throne may seem, draconian and harsh, but it is the job of the Kaiser to give the nation direction and a firm hand at the tiller. It is also the job of the Kaiser to listen to the nobles and the general will of the people, and in this respect I will never punish someone for voicing a complaint respectfully, or exercising the powers and rights of their position.

May the grace of the Gods shine upon Shireroth.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Imperial Proclaimation MVI 1: Ascension to the Throne.

Post by Daniel Farewell »

From the People and the Council of Hurmu, I bring greetings to the Kaiser Mors VI.

I congratulate you, Mors VI, on your ascension to the imperial kaisership of the Republic of Shireroth. I look forward to be cooperating with you on all such affairs we both come across. If I can be of any assistance in whatever capacity it may be, do not hesitate to ask me. It would be my honour to oblige.

May the blessings of the Lakes follow your reign!

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I thank you. And I reassure the people of Hurmu that the Imperial Government will continue to honor its lands, people and the obligations of the Imperial Government toward your territory.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

As always, Straylight swears loyalty to the Imperial Throne so long as it remains interesting and profitable to do so. Long live the Kaiser! Long live pre-emptive ascension day smackdowns! Long live not restoring the old flag! Long live having plans! Long live Erik!

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Thank you Scott. I appreciate Straylight's mercenarial support.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Atterock and Melangia swear loyalty to the Mango Throne and welcome the historical and important Mors name back to said throne.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Eighth, I will not brook meaningless 'rebellion' under my reign. If a noble has legitimate issue with myself or my policies, they should bring them to my attention. I've been the meaningless rebel myself in the past, and I learned how useful and in fact damaging such behavior can be. So if you have issue, take it up with my in conversation. Otherwise, you better hope you have sufficient support to back your rebellion, otherwise I will revoke titles or lands.
What a surprise... if an other Kaiser would have done it, he or she would have been forced to abdicate.
You can count on me, Your Niftiness, but for obvious reasons I can't support someone who has been rebelling 5(?) Kaisers long.

May the grace of the Gods shine upon Shireroth.
It always is. :yay:
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

Great Kaiserial manifesto! I'm sure Shireroth will flower under your reign, Erik, as it has done many times before.
Seventh, I feel we should work to improve our relations with Antica.
As Head of State of Antica, :thumbsup
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Second, Yardistan, I believe, still owes taxes. I have not forgotten about that. It really ought to do so.
I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't figured out how to access Yardistan's account yet... I'll go fiddle with it now and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, I think they're finally paid...
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Arcturus Mengsk.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Gman Russell wrote:

Arcturus Mengsk.
Hence Mar Sara... there goes Elwynn's monopoly on plagarism.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I wasn't rebelling under Ari.. in case it matters. (And welcome to power Greg...) hehe but now. I'm serious. My joke rebellion was probably one of the worst things I ever did.

And I'm glad to see Antica on board for better relations. We just need to figure out how to go about doing that.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*The approving sound of fists clashing on armor is heard from Sunderspray... but since they don't really wear armor, they're probably faking it*

At any rate, may B'caw grant you oodles of spicy chicken for your reign, Niftiness.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Damn... now I want spicy chicken for dinner.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

Kaiser Mors VI wrote:And I'm glad to see Antica on board for better relations. We just need to figure out how to go about doing that.
WE SHALL KILL YOU ALL NONE SHALL SURVIVE OUR WRATH

a.k.a.

Congrats on the ascending thing.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Don't worry, your death will be swift and with mercy..

a.k.a Thanks.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “Kaiser's Court”