The Divine Mandate of the Machine God.

Moderators: Erik Mortis, Erik Mortis

Kaiser Ometeotl I

The Divine Mandate of the Machine God.

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

The following "commandments" are to become the basis for culture and government in Machinaria. If you can think of a better wording, or something that would make sense then I'm all ears.

1. Thou shall not waste the resources, either extant or implied, of the assembly.

The Enviornment and even people are resources that belong to all and must be preserved and stewarded. Resources may be used, but not needlessly.

2. Authority to govern is derived from an assemblage of wills.

Government must be democratic and the social contract is the basis of authority.

3. The sanctity of the human soul shall not be denied or violated.

Civility, respect, ethical behavior, and fundamental human rights are a basis of the Machinarian culture.

4. All oaths and testimony are sacrosanct before the eyes of the Machine God.

Honesty, and the keeping of one's word, is another fundamental aspect of the Machinarian culture.

5. All shall seek the greatest excellence of their minds and form, in emulation of the Machine God.

Hard work, and striving to fulfill your greatest potential. Despite it's machine and technological underpinning, Machinaria is in essence of a humanistic philosophy. Each person seeking to transcend their perceived limitation, and attempting to make themselves more then they are.

Jonas

Re: The Divine Mandate of the Machine God.

Post by Jonas »

A new cult! :worship :worship :worship
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ometeotl I

More or less. A basis for a culture/government/religion.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Is the Machine God recognised as a Cedrist God?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The Machine God does not need mere recognition in some crusty tome, much as the sun does not need permission to rise in the morning. What is will be.

(actually, that's a little bit of a Soloralist mindset, but I think it applies here too)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Agreed. I mean, a Cedrist might well think of the Machine God as just another divinity in a big pantheon. But I don't think Machinarians would give a shit.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

While the religion may have Cedrist roots, it's now a distinct religion. The mindset Harvey puts forth sounds accurate.

Return to “Fictional Technocracy Machinaria”