Council of Entities: Alternative Government

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Erik Mortis

Re: Council of Entities: Alternative Government

Post by Erik Mortis »

We also need to get the subdivisions sorted out.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:We also need to get the subdivisions sorted out.
How do you mean? Can't we just have our Duchies and let the them decide separately how they divide it further? :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

Give me a week and I'll try to put something together.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

But which duchies? Kildare is the only substantive one left. Machinaria never really got off the ground. Brookshire isn't much there... Yardistan is dead.

To be honest, I rather focus on imperial matters then local ones myself. Most of the local activity is in Kildare. Elwynn jumped ship... (angst)... So... How do we have subdivisions?

We could break up Kildare... Spread the people around? Not sure that would go well.

We could let Kildare annex more lands... But that doesn't really solve the problem.

I'm of the view we should proly have 3 subdivisions, but we need people in them. I've yet to really think of a good solution.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Erik Mortis wrote:Machinaria never really got off the ground.
Machinaria lives, it's just busy figuring out how to be the weirdest society possible.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Fish XII

Erik Mortis wrote:We could break up Kildare... Spread the people around? Not sure that would go well.
Actually, that might not be such a horrible idea. Jonas, Andreas, and CJ in the east, and myself, Jacobus, and perhaps Eros in the west.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Excuse me, Your Niftiness, but did I just hear you say that breaking up Kildare would not be a horrible idea? Because I think I just heard you say that breaking up Kildare would not be a horrible idea :(
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Fish XII

Either that, or get a bunch of new people and forbid them to join kildare so other subdivisions get some action. I'm just trying to address Erik's concerns here because it's pretty much true that Kildare is all of Shireroth at the moment...

Also, look how well it went the last time I split a subdivision! :p

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Hhmm. I'm not really in favour of the idea of breaking up Kildare, but I don't think that that will surprise nobody. It's probably better for Shireroth that I wait with throwing the idea in the dustbin. Perhaps it's better that you come with a clear proposal: which people would have to leave, which counties would Kildare lose, etc.
That way I (and other Kildari) can see how much our beloved Dutchy would suffer.
I'm of the view we should proly have 3 subdivisions, but we need people in them. I've yet to really think of a good solution.
I would prefer two active or stable Duchies then 3 less active ones. Besides: we can have 2 Duchies and the Imperial Counties as negotiating force between them.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Return to “Future of Shireroth Convention”