The Future of Shireroth Convention.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Ometeotl I

The Future of Shireroth Convention.

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

I come here now to ask us to seek the future of Shireroth. We all have equal voice here, to seek to build a better future and a potentially new government. All citizens should have fully access, and everyone else should be able to read. If you have no access, go to the MiniInt and let me know. I have only opened this to citizens, for I feel this is a very delicate matter, and should be kept focused. However, I do know that there are non-citizens, possibly old citizens, who feel they should get a voice in this matter. If you feel you are such, also, ask. I would ask for a high level of civility here, even if tempers do flare. We have a lot of work ahead, and sniping comments, and harsh words will not be helpful. Further, I have granted Elwynn the ability to speak, for I feel they have as much right here as any, and it is important that they speak. I personally still view them as part of the nation, and still hope for reconciliation.

But I feel we need to discuss at least a few matters in particular:
1. Democracy In Shireroth
2. The role of the Kaiser and the Landsraad.
3. The role of subdivisions.
4. Foreign affairs.
5. Elwynn.
6. Which subdivisions shall be restored.
7. Land in general. How we maintain it, allot it, and view its use.

These are just a few issues on the top of my head this late at night. I know there are more. Let us now discuss them. Start topics. Ask questions. EVERYTHING is on the table.

Harvey Steffke

Re: The Future of Shireroth Convention.

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well well well...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Tried to do a long post here, but no way of doing that on this device without timing out. Eventually it just refreshes the page and wipes out my post :angry So, shorter, more topic-y replies:

On foreign relations: we really do need to identify what kind of standing we have among other micronations, and work on improving it. I don't know a whole lot about foreign affairs, but I don't imagine anyone is too impressed by us right now. Getting engaged in the wider world might help change that.

And in particular, we need specific friends, or at least agree-not-to-be-rivals. Cultivating relations with the niftier micronations would be a good idea, as would joint projects. I had been a bit distracted to act on it, but Nelaga had been musing on a notion which I thought showed a lot of promise, and I advise the Kaiser (and everyone else) to consider it. I had thought the land aspect would be problematic with the public, but considering the possible niftiness that could result, it seems to me to be worth the price; JASO is doing good work these days, and the cartographic possibilities with UMapper are appealing.

Antica, I think, would be worth having as a friend as well. Some of their... foreign adventures lately are a bit scary, but we have a history with them (however rocky), they have a number of ex-Shirerithians that we should stay in touch with, their local culture is entertaining. On sort of an informal basis I did a map of Antica for them, and showed an early version to Octavius, and I think he liked it.

Speaking of which, the vector maps could be used as a diplomatic tool for others as well. "We like you, here's a very beautiful map for you," sort of thing.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I have wanted a meaningful treaty and alliance with Nelaga for quite some time myself. Not sure why we never did it. Though the issue of Amity is a spiky one. Their guess at our response is correct. And with all our recent issue with folk trying to claim out lands, I don't feel to inclined to open up yet another part of Shireroth to that risk.

Antica, worries me to be honest. I can never tell if they are joking, or honestly dislike us and want our doom.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Antica-

I think they would accept our doom, if it doesn't take too much work. If we stand up for ourselves, and can the Duchy of Antica talk, they should be cool. Antica has been heavily Shirerothized by recent immigrants. If we get our act together, some of that may slosh back our way.

I'm more worried about Ashkenatza, to be honest.

Nelaga-

One of the best friends we've got. I proposed some kind of long term lease arrangement. (Like 200-300 years ASC?)

Some of our best dual-cits are Nelagan and they wish us well.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I feel the need to point out that none of the Nelagan-Shirerithian dual cits participated in any of the rebellions trying to steal land (except for Ari, but I'm not even sure at this point if he's actually a Nelagan citizen or just a do-gooder that helps us out with our code. Yeah, we're a little bit more lax than most about citizenship over there) and generally discouraged those who were rebelling. I like to think we're above petty theft. I want, as part of my general long-term plans, some control of Amity, but I'm not going to take it from your warm, living hands... unlike some countries I could mention. ;)

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

....and I've got to have warm fuzzys for any country that has a temple to - me?!?

When things settle a bit, I need to make a World Tour.
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Since this seems to have become the foreign affairs topic, don't forget the one nation that spoke out publicly in your support.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Then we should seek alliance, or at least close ties, with Gralus.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yes, Your Niftyness!
Jacobus Loki

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Antica seems to be spiteful just because they can bully. They've always been like that IMHO.

As for Elwynn, well... i'm really disapointed in Daniel and the rest of them. Not suprised, but definitely disapointed.

As for the rest? I liked the way Shireroth was under the duchy system. *shrugs* But who's *really* surpised I feel this way? If that is not what is meant to be, then oh well.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Subdivisions will be allowed to organize as they please. That one thing I feel is important. I see Kildare keeping feudalism, and I intend to try to create something weird and interesting in Brookshire. The former Elwynn lands, as they repopulate, will be able to create a new government too. And Yardistan can do as it likes.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Something amusing and crazy, I hope?

On the Amity/Nelaga thing... I know land is a sensitive issue even at the best of times, but joint control really isn't that bad a deal, especially if it means we get involved with JASO again. I mean, interactive maps, 3D design... Getting in on something like that would be awesome in its own right, but it could be impressive abroad as well.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A draft treaty has been submitted..........
Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I still don't see a reason why we should give up, even partial, control of lands.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

-Because it shows we are open to new projects-

-Because Nelaga, nice at it is, will probably not outlive Shireroth, and we will get everything back, and probably more, in time.

-Because, gods forbid, we do disappear, who better to carry on a legacy.

-Because they are giving back in essence 1/2 of what they paid us a big bag of erb for, and aren't asking for any money.

-Because almost every Nelagan is a joint Shirithain, so we are sharing with us.

-Because very smart long time friendly mnists swear it will be awesome, and we could use some awesome right about now.
Jacobus Loki

Return to “Future of Shireroth Convention”