Irish: Introduction

Meskan, the patron god of the university, protects these old topics and forums so that their knowledge shall never be lost.
Zirandorthel

Irish: Introduction

Post by Zirandorthel »

Welcome to Irish and Ireland 086. I am Mr. Dornan, also known as ZIRANDORTHEL, AEDH GOLDMOON, THE GOLDEN DARKNESS, REAVER OF ETHU AND LEADER OF THE BHAGA-KSANTH, but you may call me "Eoin".Now, this class will cover elements of the Irish language, including phraseology and some work on tenses. It will also cover parts of the Irish culture which I feel need highlighting. Bear with my sometimes rambling prose style, as something will probably occur to me whilst I am typing. I hope you learn more than you knew at the beginning of the lectures. For reference, here is a class plan. Notifications of changes in the class plan will be made a couple of days beforehand. I plan to have a class every three days, starting on Saturday the 14th.1) The Irish Language:a) Basic Phrasesb) Food wordsc) Family wordsd) The future tensee) The past tensef) The present tense2) Irelanda) Irish Folkloreb) The Arrival of Christianity c) The Plantationsd) The Fight for Irish Independencee) Ireland Today3) Irish Culturea) Irish Sportb) Irish Musicc) Irish Poets and WritersFeicmidh mé sibh amárach, a mhaca-léinn, agus an t-adh oraibh (I'll see you tomorrow, students, and good luck to ye)! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Zirandorthel

Re: Irish: Introduction

Post by Zirandorthel »

Also, at the end of each numbered class group, I will set a test, sent by e-mail to registered students of the course. This will have various questions on the topic being studied. The registered students are at present:SolJadieNickAngelleneScottAlexandraIf anyone else wishes to apply, will they leave their name in this thread. Thank you. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart Edited by: Zirandorthel at: 11/17/03 2:02 pm

Angellene

Post by Angellene »

I'd like to, thanks, this sounds pretty cool

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I'll put you in a desk next to Sol, but no footsie in my class ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

I get to sit in the corner by myself....*sniffles* Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Solitary Poet 8

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

Quote:I'll put you in a desk next to Sol, but no footsie in my class*snaps fingers* Ah shucks! Nice nickname, by the way. Sol has a ring to it. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

I'll join. Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 11/15/03 10:12 am

Angellene

Post by Angellene »

Don't worry about me.....

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

I would like to join...sounds like fun... Non-NobleImperial MistressMe

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Alright, Alex, you're in.I'll put you opposite Jadie, all by yourself ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

*notices ads up the top*That is scary, ultimate consumerism... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Alexandra Decens

Awwww.... I'm all by myself?...poo.... Non-NobleImperial MistressMe

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, when Erik deigns to join, if ever, you can sit next to him and play footsie. He is the Kaiser, after all. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Alexandra Decens

Yay... Non-NobleImperial MistressMe

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

*walks in*carry on...just observing for now... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Fidel Nico

re:

Post by Fidel Nico »

Stick me down my Irish brother, so my Irish soul may be made free from the English language imposed on it.

Austi Scot

Re: re:

Post by Austi Scot »

My dad said I'm Irish - can I get into this class?

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I may restart this class sometime during the Easter holidays, if you're all extra good. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasLotter of the West LotGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Fidel Nico

Post by Fidel Nico »

*cough, cough* Comrade Fidel NicoNi Dieu ni maîtreRepublic of Noviykrazniystan

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

Feel free to, eoin...i think next to the love class, this one wsa the most popular... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Where are those girls!... I've been waiting for 2 months now.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Can you guys be quiet in class - I can't hear the teacher.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

He hasnt started teaching yet Scot. *stands in corner, brooding*

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

ah, well that's a good reason that I can't hear him! Go ahead then - I guess

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

I'm sorry Erik! Life has been busy!!!*le sigh* Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

It's been so busy i don't even need the help anymore! Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Haggis MacNifty

Post by Haggis MacNifty »

Eoin I would like to take a look at this and the like. I will gladly go over the past stuff and then get caught up with the class. WHOO! Finally a good way to pass the time.

Return to “University Community Archives”