University to Open it's doors!

Meskan, the patron god of the university, protects these old topics and forums so that their knowledge shall never be lost.
Gryphon Avocatio

University to Open it's doors!

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Yes, I am now the Minister of Research and Education. As MoRE, I would like to begin preserving history and teaching classes here in the University. Now, I can't possibly teach everything, so I would like to have some help in doing so. Anybody who can teach a history class about there duchy (no fantasy history, please) is well wanted. I will also probably do a Class on Shirerothian Government and hopefully afterwards start a collaboration on all of Shireroth's history...Hopefully I can get an office separate from this Hall so that i can take requests.Meanwhile, I have a poll. What would you most like to see taught at the university? If you come up with any new ideas, let me know.Duchy/Shirerothian/Intermicronational History & Social SciencesLanguages (Spanish, Yardistani, Rantsilastani, &c.)Basic PhilosophyPhysical SciencesMathematicsShow results -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

david northworthy beckfor

Re: University to Open it's doors!

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

i think there should be one on "things that go b0O0/\/\, that can be made in the kitchen war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

or the fantasy history of either the duchies or just B0O0/\/\ism... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gryphon Avocatio

I am not going to allow classes on fantasy in the university. It is not truly the histroy of the nation, and my ultimate goal here is to educate people on what has really happened in Shireroth and other micronations. I understand the desire for false histories, but I don't believe that they should be taught in a research facility. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Yer leaven out the art classes.....

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Remember, if you really want to teach a class, I doubt that Nick will refuse it. I think he's just polling so he knows which ones you want to LEARN.But that's just my opinion. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Gryphon Avocatio

I did not forget the art classes (I am an artist myself). But given the limits of our forum to teach visual and performing arts, well, i decided to leave them out. But, if you think you can teach them than sign up when the time comes. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I cant vote because I like both the micronational language class idea and the history class idea equally...

Gryphon Avocatio

I don't know how to organise a language class, but I would like to teach one...proly Yardistani or Spanish...I haven't finished Rantsil yet. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Nick, may I archive this? It's *really* embarassing to have a grammatical mistake in the subject of the top post of the University, and I can't edit it because it's a poll. This issue doesn't seem to be relevant anymore anyway.

BMajeed

Post by BMajeed »

I want a Doctorate's program...on torture. Someone teach it, I'd take that course.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

if some one can tyell me how to run a class, then I will teach it. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

BMajeed

Post by BMajeed »

We could teach it together. Proffesors Majeed and Beckford. :P

Return to “University Community Archives”