Would you participate in a poetry class?

Meskan, the patron god of the university, protects these old topics and forums so that their knowledge shall never be lost.
Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Would you participate in a poetry class?

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

I'm thinking about teaching a poetry class, but I want to make sure that people are interested.Terrific! I'll be your teacher's pet!Yes, I'll participate.I'd glance at itI don't really care.Poetry is lame.Show results

Scott Alexander

Re: Would you participate in a poetry class?

Post by Scott Alexander »

Is there an option for "I'd check it out, then exclaim 'THAT'S NOT POETRY!' and get all upset and start up one of my rants on how with a few notable exceptions no decent poetry has been written since the end of the 19th century and how the average so-called poet today wouldn't know poetry if it dressed up in bright orange and smacked him on the head with a steel pipe"? Because if so...that's my choice.If not...sure...sounds nifty.

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

I think the correct answer for that would be "Yes, I'll participate." The secret hidden text between the lines reads: "I'll probably whine about this not being real poetry, but I'll enjoy the class anyway."

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

The lecture hall isn't the place for this. General or polling station, but not the lecture hall. Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Rock and roll. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Joy of joys. I'll prepare my first lecture asap.

Return to “University Community Archives”