Possible Yardistani History Lessons!

Meskan, the patron god of the university, protects these old topics and forums so that their knowledge shall never be lost.
Kaiseress Jadie

Re: Possible Yardistani History Lessons!

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

I am definitely interested Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Possible Yardistani History Lessons!

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Due to a complete lack of understanding of Yardistani culture amidst the public, I will more likely than not be posting basic lessons on the History of Yardistan. This will be a comprehensive class covering the Pre-Gryphonic days through the golden age and up to the recent dark-ages.I hope somebody will take a look. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

I'll try to peek out from under the covers where I'm hidding from the YAC.

Gryphon Avocatio

Right now I'm piecing together some of the oldest bits of Yardistan's history...lots of threads have been put in weird places...fortunately I have Erik to help me figure things out, and he has. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I'll take the course - it would be nice if after you're done other Duchies offer a course on them.Once all Duchy courses are completed maybe there can be a degree in the history of Shireroth given.Austi ScotMinister of Visions

HIH Noseworthy

Post by HIH Noseworthy »

Yardistan has a history??!!!!

Kaiseress Jadie

Yes...Yardistan has a history....*laughs*But Austi that is a good idea Yay for degrees....*laughs* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Yes...i was thinking about that very idea...we could get the University on it's feet and offer degrees....i would like to see more non-fantastic histories written for shireroht...especially for places like Kildare, which was once its own separate nation...i think...so yes...just my thoughts... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Maybe at times throughout the course you might post a test and the students would have to copy it and e-mail it back - not post it so everyone has to answer the questions on their own.This way you can know who is reading the lessons and who to give a degree to.AustiMinister of Visions

Gryphon Avocatio

Fortunately for the students, I'm lazy, so I'll proly just give a big final... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

That works for me.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Brookshire History is easy... or is it...*recalls*... who was the first duke... was it Lukedu...? I think it might have been...Than I got it at some point.. and have had it since.. ....Yes...Goldshire... first duke....was.. errr.... Dstryker... Than... err... he had it for a while... than.. it went inactive.. Harvey got it briefly.. than.... I think it was open for a while..than JD got it...Elwynn.. wasn't created till late Tymaria.. before that.. it Northshire.. and was REALLY small and was basicly a part of Brookshire.. I think...Old maps would tell me.. than.. it went tooo.... Sirithil? than Mari... Kildare.. once the UAS (Union of Apollo States), it had it's own history.. but through the cunning use of flags.. we got it.. Patrick Foley was the last pres of UAS.. and first Duke.. than... it went to James... Than.. to Joseph.. Patrick(kinda not really).. Stone....And Joseph agian...LOTH... Got it during Tymaria... merged Jaris into it. Locke was leader at first I believe, shit hit fan.. than Reglan got it... than Matt...Yardistan.. wasn't made a Duchy till Late Tymaria.. tillt than it was just a VERY well known bit of territory.. Or it ruled the whole nation... But Nick was the first Duke.. Joe Whitt got it.. (kinda not really).. than Nick agian.. What am I missing?But yes, a basic history.. mostly of rulers.. from my memory.. which isn't the best when it comes to Duchies... Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

ari had the Yard for awhile due to his lord king something of all Off-Topics title... right? Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Quote:Elwynn.. wasn't created till late Tymaria.. before that.. it Northshire.. and was REALLY small and was basicly a part of Brookshire.. I think...Old maps would tell me.. than.. it went tooo.... Sirithil? than Mari... A-HEM!

Kaiseress Jadie

YOU FORGOT SCOTT!!!!He was the Duke of Elwynn YAY SCOTT!*throws confetti in the air and walks off* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I was tired.. I remembered Scott as I turned off my comp.. I was gonna fix it...Yes.. Scott had Elwynn before anyone else... he was the first duke.. Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon Avocatio

See...other duchies have history...too bad that almost nobdoy knows anything about it... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Almost never been documented.. only Scott ever tried to document the histories of the Subdivisions.. Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gryphon Avocatio

It's a little much for one person to do...all of them...but I think one-on-one it is quite possible... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I've been looking over old maps..and made some VERY frightening discoveries about Shireroth..Among some of the more useful.... Elwynn (the most Northern part) used to be a Province of Machiavellia, the southern portion was apparently a region of Goldshire, known as Northshire (this was before baronies, but it would have proly have been the Barony of Northshire.) At some point we got the Province of Elwynn from the Machiavellian through a treaty and merged it with Northshire, and name the entire area, Elwynn, and made it a Duchy. With Scott as the first Duke... This was RIGHT out of Tymaria, or just at the end. So.. basicly.. Elwynn is the newest Duchy. Next to maybe LOTH. Than Yardistan... Than Kildare. Than Brookshire/Goldshire. Though I made some scary discoveries there too... Goldshire used to be ALOT smaller.. and If..IF I can find the first subdivision map.. I believe I might find something more...TO THE MAP ROOM!*rushes off to the great archive in Brookshire Hamlet....(The old Imperial Capital...* (Bet you didn't know that...) Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

May the Gods have mercy on us all.. I found it... The first map of Shireroth... (well, 2nd..ish.. nevermind...first official map...)... But I found it... In my OOLLLLDDDD MCS stuff.. Pre-MCS stuff... we're talking... Map version 0.0.1 basicly the first MCS map I think it is... it's also the first map of Shireroth.. ANYHOO...I found it... And it has the Shireroth subdivisions.. and I made.. some.. startling discoveries... To give a proper date or sense of date on the map... Amity is still in FIOJ hands. and Miroth still isn't claimed.. Yardistan.. Isn't even on the map.. Nor is Istvanistan.. and the map is 1/4ish the size it is now...But.. Shireroth used to control both more land.. and less land... Norfolk.. Now a small island chain near the Mondesia... used to be a LARGE land mass... near present day Elipidos... (checks, wait.. it was during the Amity Crisis.. I can see the map changes in another file...anyhoo.. that time period.. 4th republic time.. maybe... 6-7th Republic... Yes!.. 7th Republic.. ) Year.. nice chunk of land.. we don't even have it anymore.. and Kildare is only about... 3/4th the size it used to be.. maybe a lil less... But Goldshire... Golshire used to be only 1/3 to 1/4 it's current size.. and Elwynn? PSH.. not there... Half of Brookshire was...1/3 more like.. was part of Goldshire.. so in the end.. it came out even... cause I can see in the maps where we lost and gained land.....OH.. and ShireKeep.. didn't start exsisting till, err... Hegemony times? Pre-Hegemony... Brookshire Hamlet was the old Imperial Capital.. (I recall the change...I wanted the 2 capitals seperate of each other..)More LAter!.. *rushes off back to the Map Archives...* Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Wow - interesting stuff.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

It's amazing how much crap we come up with that we can't remember it all after about three years...So is that how the UAS states were "given" to Shireroth? Paddy Foley gave them away? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

No.. getting the UAS was other things.... THis is post UAS->Kildare conversion..hehe Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Return to “University Community Archives”