By the way...(OOC)

Moderators: Erik Mortis, Erik Mortis

Jadie Kelb

By the way...(OOC)

Post by Jadie Kelb »

....I know I have been out of the loop so I know this is very belated...but Congrats Harvey on becoming an engineer!! :) I know that is what you really wanted to do and I am so happy for you that it became a reality. :)
:hover

Mrs. Jadie Kelb
Governor of Kralizec
Honorary Duchess of Goldenmoon

Erik Mortis

Re: By the way...(OOC)

Post by Erik Mortis »

What kinda engineer anyways?

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

This one:

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Thank you! I swear I kissed my diploma when it came. Wasn't sure I was going to pull it off for a while there...
This one:
Yes. And by yes I mean no. I'm a rubber engineer, which is an industrial engineer specializing in stuff made out of any type of rubber. Basically on a daily basis I figure out why the machines aren't making parts that are up to spec, and more long-term I work on starting up new projects from stract (big, long process) and redesigning processes and parts of the factory to make them better, cheaper, more efficient, less dangerous, etc and so on.

It's a complicated, long-hours job that is sometimes really frustrating, but the pay is good and I'm never wanting for things to do.

Like the shades though.

And how about you Jadie? You have to have graduated by now yourself.

Jadie Kelb

Post by Jadie Kelb »

Yeah, I graduated college in 2006 with my math degree...entered the special education credential program and finished in 2008...am teaching math to high school special education students and started my master's this month. I am getting my Master of Arts in Teaching with an emphasis in Special Education. So I am busy...and I'm a teacher I will never be done with school...*laughs* But I love my job and where I work. One of my students that I have been working with for 2 years graduated today..I almost cried...
:hover

Mrs. Jadie Kelb
Governor of Kralizec
Honorary Duchess of Goldenmoon

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

That sounds great. I've actually considered teaching if I ever get sick of the whole factory thing. There will never be enough industrial people willing to teach classes so I could prolly get a job at my university if I wanted one. Not now obviously... I'll want a lot more real experience first and I'm enjoying what I do, but it's something for me to think about sooner or later.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And the pay is better where you are.

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

I'm surrounded by engineers during the day, now we've got engineers here... alas. :p In all seriousness, though, congratulations indeed, Harvey.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Congrats on becoming an engineer.

Return to “Brookshire”