Spring 2254: the end of the game

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
Scott of Hyperborea

Spring 2254: the end of the game

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Quote:ANTICA:Navy in Lac Glacei to Nafticon (X)Nafticon to Terre de riches (X)Stormark HoldsAquilaria supports Raynor TerritoryMesoun to Raynor territoryAudentior support Raynor territorySkiron to HalluciEast Slobovia to EesdeheitoWest Slobovia holdsATTERA:Army Argaal attacks AtteraArmy Transattera supports attack on AtteraArmy Cyberia supports attack on AtteraArmy Skerry Islands attacks BaracaoFleet Sea of Storms supports attack on BaracaoGOTZBORG:No movementsKARNALI:SurrendersNATOPIA:Army Lindstrom convoys through Raynor Sea and Dyre Straits to attack Stormark.Fleet Raynor Territory attacks Terre d'Riches.Fleet Baracao supports attack on Stormark.Army Zjandria moves to Baatharz.Armies Sander Isles, Micronia, and Tasneemia stay.TREESIA:Army in Alteria to TreitharArmy in Treesia to New BrugesNavy in Hyperion Bay to TreesiaNavy in Kildare holdsArmy in N. Zemyla holdsArmy in Lorelei supports attack on EesdeheitoNavy in ...more northern sea attacks EesdeheitoQuote:The Natopian fleet in the Raynor Territories is ordered to attack TDR, but is attacked from all sides before it can do so. It is badly beaten and retreats to the Gaeos Sea.Antica orders an army from East Slobovia to attack Eesdeheito, but the last Stormark tank beats it back.Natopia tries a brilliant ploy to attack Stormark from Baracao. Unfortunately, Attera is attacking Baracao, and so the fleet there is unable to support. The Atterans manage to take the islands and destroy the Natopian fleet there.Attera attacks Attera Proper. Because the Karnalis have surrendered, they are unable to properly defend, and the Atterans regain the province at last.That's that. People are taking forever to send me turns, we've had half the players surrender, and I said at the beginning the game would only last until the New Year.All of you who have made it this far - Antica, Treesia, Attera, Natopia, and Gotzborg - you're all winners. Antica, you're probably the most winnery of all, seeing as you have the most supply centers, but it's darned close.All is not lost. Soon - perhaps within a week or two - I will be unveiling the next generation of micronational Diplomacy, which will be much cooler and more intense. You will of course be invited back. While I'm working on that, I need input in the board design. What are some problems with the gameboard? Are certain areas surrounded by too many or too few regions? Are armies or navies overpowered relative to the other? Etc. Please give me as much info as possible.Thank you all very much for playing. I expect no thanks but I will point out that the FNORD awards are accepting nominations for best revolutionary concept at the moment

Harvey the Blue

Re: Spring 2254: the end of the game

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Well I enjoyed it at least. Thanks for hosting it Scott. Hope you can play in the next round somehow. I may be signing myself up too. Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Only problem I see with the board Scott, is that there are too many... 'worthless' territories. Such as the islands that I believe make up the Red Antilles... its two spots that end as a dead end...

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Make sure to allow east to west connections! His Sovereign Majesty, NathanSovereign Natopian EmperorNatopiaForumsJoin the Renaissance! Empire Library

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”