Fall 2253

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
Scott of Hyperborea

Fall 2253

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Finally. Apologies for the delay; if you need people to blame, contact me on AIM; I have plenty Quote:ANTICA:Navy in Lac Glacei attacks Strait of PearlsStormark supports Strait of PearlsNafitcon to Lac GlaceiMesoun supports West Slob.Skiron to Kitanus FieldsEast Slobovia supports Stormark army in Eesdeheito against TreesiaWest Slobovia support Kitanus FeildsAudentior holdsATTERA:Army Cyberia attacks RijksmarkArmy Transattera attacks AtteraArmy Mayo Attacks the Skerry IslandsFleet Sea of Storms supports attack on Skerry IslandsGOTZBORG:Army in Yardistan to AmityNavy in Istvanistan to YardistanArmy in Aerlig to IstvanistanArmy in Anthelia to PendroniaKARNALI:Army in Rijskmark attacks StormarkFleet in Strait of Pearls attacks StormarkArmy in Attera supports defence of VamsasArmy in Vamsas supports defence of AtteraNATOPIA:Army Tasneemia holdsArmy Lemurian Sea moves to Sander IslesFleet Baatharz attacks BaracaoArmy Zjandria supports Fleet Baatharz[Fleet Dyre Straits attacks Nafticon]Fleet Raynor Sea supports Dyre StraitsFleet Gaeos Sea attacks Raynor TerritoryTREESIA:Army in N. Zemlya attacks West SloboviaArmy in Kitanus Fields supports attack on West SloboviaArmy in Kloss supports attack on EesdeheitoNavy in ...more Northern Sea attacks EesdehetioNavy in Novi Dalmajica moves to Hyperion BayArmy in Goldshire moves to TreesiaNavy in Kildare holdsThe Antican navy in Lac Glacei attacks the Strait of Pearls. The Antican army in Stormark tries to support the attack, but only ends up slightly wet and very embarassed - you can't support a water square with an army unit! Therefore, the attack on the Strait of Pearls fails. Because the Antican navy stays in Lac Glacei, the Antican attempt to move the Nafticon army there fails.The Karnalis try to attack Stormark from Rijsmark and the Strait of Pearls (hint: next time, specify that one of these armies is attacking and the other one supporting). The attack fails in any case: the support from the Strait of Pearls fails to materialize because it is defending itself against the Antican attack. Antican troops in Skiron attack the Treesian Kitanus fields, with support from West Slobovia. But the support from West Slobovia is cut off by a Treesian attack on that province, so the attack on Kitanus Fields fails. Ironically, this means all Antican units stay exactly where they started this turn.The Treesians attack Eesdeheito from Kloss with support from the navy up in more Northern Sea, but the valiant Stormarker defenders there are supported by Antican troops from East Slobovia. They get nowhere.The Treesians try to attack West Slobovia from Novaya Zemlya with support from the Kitanus Fields, but the Kitanus Fields need to defend themselves and the Anticans were supporting Novaya Zemlya too strongly anyway.The Atterans attack the Rijsmark from Cyberia. Because Karnali failed to take Stormark, its troops are still stuck in Rijsmark and can defend against the attack, which is unsupported. The attack is repulsed.The army from Transattera attacks Attera, but the Treesians are defending it so they are easily repulsed.The Atterans order an army in Mayo to attack the Skerry Isles. They have no army in Mayo. Since Johanns is on my good side today, and since I want something to actually happen this turn, I'm going to pretend they said the army in Charlotta, which is the only thing that would even slightly make sense and which does, in fact, take the Skerry Isles with support from a fleet in the Sea of Storms. The Babkhan fleet there is disbanded and the Skerry Isles are now Atteran.The Natopians attack Baracao with a fleet from Baatharz. They think that they're supporting with an army from Zjandria, but unfortunately they can't; Zjandria does not border on Baracao, and the attack is unsupported. In a similar vein, they attack Nafticon from the Dyre Straits and expect support from the Raynor Sea. In both cases, they seem to have the misconception that a unit can support an attack if it borders on the square of the attacker. In fact, it can only support an attack if it borders on the square being attacked. Rather than make Nate lose an entire turn because of this, I am making a friendly amendment to his movement orders and ordering the fleet in the Dyre Straits to support the attack on Baracao. With this amendment, Nafticon is never attacked, and Baracao is successfully taken.The Natopian fleet in the Gaeos Sea attacks the Raynor Territory; the territory is undefended, and the Natopians successfully capture it.***Some notes: Steven, your spelling of "Strait" offends my anal-retentiveness. "Straight" is not crooked, "Strait" is a body of water. There have been some questions about convoying. A fleet that is not being used (ie not moving, attacking, defending, supporting, or convoying someone else) can convoy one army per turn through its space. For example, the Karnali fleet in the Strait of Pearls could convoy the army in Rijsmark to Jorvik. An army can be convoyed and attack on the same turn - thus, the Karnalis could attack Eesdeheito next turn from Rijksmark. I don't believe a unit can convoy and support on the same turn; Careless, tell me if I'm right on that.You can also have a "chain" of convoys in a single turn. Thus, if Nate didn't move any of the ships involved next turn, he could convoy the army in Tasneemia first to the Raynor Sea, then to the Dyre Straits, then to Baracao, and finally have it end the turn attacking the Skerry Isles.There is a winter build orders thread up. Please email me really really soon so we can get back on schedule. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 12/5/05 23:20

Bill3000

Re: Fall 2253

Post by Bill3000 »

This is getting boring. Edited by: Bill3000 at: 12/6/05 13:29

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

d'oh gaaa... how can u say its boring? im loving this and im getting practice for when we get to play Diplomacy in my western history class next semester... woooo!!! His Sovereign Majesty, NathanSovereign Natopian EmperorNatopiaForumsJoin the Renaissance! Empire LibraryEdited by: Nathan of Natopia at: 12/6/05 13:44

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

It's boring because you're failing in all your attacks. Why don't you start thinking *cough alliance with Natopia cough* about ways you can change that, and it won't be so boring anymore?

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”