Spring 2253

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
Scott of Hyperborea

Spring 2253

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I don't like to pester people, but every so often, it pays off. At last - spring 2253!Quote:ANTICA:Navy in Talamthom to Lac GlaceiStormark Supports attack on CyberiaNafticon supports StormarkAquilaria to MesounSkiron supports West Slobovia(East) Slobovia supports Stormark army in Eesdeheito against TreesiaAudentior HoldsWest Slobovia HoldsATTERA:Army Transattera attacks CyberiaArmy Attera supports attack on CyberiaArmy Mayo moves to CharlottaFleet Plymouth Gulf moves to Sea of StormsGOTZBORG:Army in Istvanistan to YardistanNavy in Micronia to IstvanistanElse holdKARNALI:Fleet in Strait of Pearls to support defence of RisjkmarkArmy in Rijskmark to attack AtteraArmy in Vamsas to support attack on AtteraArmy in Cyberia to support attack on AtteraNATOPIA:Army Kamal. to ZjandriaArmy Lavalon to Lemurian SeaArmy Lindstrom to TasneemiaFleet Micronia to Gaeos SeaFleet Raynor Sea to Dyre StraitsFleet Macon to Raynor SeaFleet Baatharz staysTREESIA:Army in N. Zemlya supports attack on West Slobovia Army in Kitanus Fields attacks West Slobovia Army in Kloss supports attack on Eesdeheito Navy in Novi Dalmajica supports KildareNavy in Kildare stays putNavy in ...more Northern Sea attacks EesdeheitoArmy in Shirekeep moves to GoldshireThe Antican orders claim that West Slobovia was to support Eesdeheito. Since the two provinces do not touch, and since Antica gave different orders to West Slobovia elsewhere, I'm going to assume this meant "East Slobovia", as in the parentheses above. If the Anticans want to contest that, they can.Treesia attacks West Slobovia from the Kitanus Fields, with support from Novaya Zemlya. The Antican defenders gains upport from Skiron. The Anticans hold their ground.The Karnali army in Rijsmark attacks Attera with support from Vamsas and Cyberia. The fleet in Cyberia is attacked by Atterans (see below) and therefore cannot support the assault on Attera as planned. However, the troops defending Attera are poorly supported, and the Karnalis nevertheless break through. The defeated Atteran army retreats to Transattera (see below).The Atterans attack Cyberia from Transattera, with support from Attera. Attera never renders this support because its garrison has been defeated by Karnali, but in an ominous new development, they also receive support from the Antican army based in Stormark. This allows them to successfully capture the islands; the Karnali army retreats to the Rijsmark.The Treesians attack Eesdeheito from ...more Northern Sea with support from Kloss. The Anticans support sole remaining Stormarker army from East Slobovia. With their help, the Stormarkers hold their ground.Antica, please specify on each movement order whether it's an army or a fleet - just easier for me to process that way. I want to get back on schedule, which means I will need everyone's Fall 2253 orders in by Friday night for weekend posting.

Nathan of Natopia

Re: Spring 2253

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Since this global game is winding down... I'd like to suggest that some of the supply centers be spread out a bit more. It seems as if a majority of them are in the central, northern continent. Perhaps having a little more on the western side of Benecia, on or around Jaiha, and New Brannum and Terra Firma.I realize there were so few supply centers on Benecia coz Shireroth controlled it AND other centers on other continents... but, it seems there was a LOT of supply centers on the central continent... resulting in Antica, for one, and other northern powers getting lots of supply centers in one turn since they are so plentiful. The southern powers kinda had to scrounge around Novasolum and Babkha. I think it would make for a more global game, get all points of the world involved... coz right now, there is no reason to even have provinces like Ortania on the map.Also... is there anything like in RISK where you can cross from the right side of the map to the left? If not, would that be good to add? It would, I think, make it much more global without the need to redistribute supply centers. And especially if this is going to be used as a basis for recwarring... it would make sense to be able to circumnavigate the globe. His Sovereign Majesty, NathanSovereign Natopian EmperorNatopiaForumsJoin the Renaissance! Empire Library

King of Gotzborg

Post by King of Gotzborg »

Scott has mentioned that the crossing the map from one side to the other will be added in future versions, so I can hopefully get my ass kicked and handed to me much earlier than usual. I of course am fully in support of this move. ACII

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Winding down? WINDING DOWN? We're at the point where anything can happen! Will Treesia and Natopia gang up on Antica and make it fight a war on two fronts? Will Attera finally break the stalemate with Karnali, take over Babkhan supply centers, and become a great power? Will the Gotzborg-Natopia alliance falter? I'm gonna admit I read every turn the moment someone sends it to me just because I'm so excited to see what happens.But to address your point - yes, as soon as the current game winds down we'll have an adjustment period where we see what lessons we've learned and what needs to be changed. And yes, the King of Gotzborg and I already talked about making the world wrap around.However, the particular examples you gave - I'm not sure how they would improve gameplay. A supply center in Benacia would, except in very special cases (of which this game is one) just stay Shirerithian until the end of the game without anything interesting happening, not to even mention that it would make Shireroth, already one of the two biggest countries, even bigger. Similarly, unless Babkha got really big, Nova Brannum and Terra Firma would just become Atteran and stay that way.The philosophy I followed when making the gameboard was to create a certain number (three, actually) of "safe" supply centers for each country, and then intersperse a lot of places that people would have to fight over. For example, Audentior's a supply center because it makes for an interesting battle of whether Antica or Shireroth will get it.The reason there are so many supply centers in the Antican part of the board is that there is one, more land, and two, more countries. So you should have Stormark, Shireroth, Treesia, Antica, and maybe even Babkha fighting over those. In this case, Antica won most of the fights. But it wouldn't be fair to start that area off without many supply centers because then each country there would only get a few whereas Gotzborg and Attera and those places would be raking them up.What you're right about, though, is that some countries are much more central and closer to the "scene of the action" than others. One way I'm going to change that is by the aforementioned world wrap-around - that's going to create an Attera - Shireroth front that wasn't there before. I might also just pick up the Natopian/Gotzborg continent and move it closer to the Babkhan continents and even a bit north towards Shireroth. The problem is that smaller continents are naturally going to be less interesting and central than bigger ones, and although I have some tricks for that I can't really solve it entirely.

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Yeah... sounds good. I do think the wrap-around will fix much of the "action" problem. And maybe add Cibola so that an army can get from Novasolum, to Jaiha, to Babka, to Novasolum again... just to open up the southern hemisphere. I realize there's not as many countries down here... but... That wont change until people want to be down here, with a bit more action.But then... it WAS awfully quiet/relaxed down there for most of the game... perfect for attacking Babkha from the back door Edit: *realizes possible perversions of last statement.... shrugs it off* His Sovereign Majesty, NathanSovereign Natopian EmperorNatopiaForumsJoin the Renaissance! Empire LibraryEdited by: Nathan of Natopia at: 11/29/05 23:11

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”