Winter 2251

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
Osman Shahanshah

Re: Winter 2251

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Scott the orders I sent regarding winter. Please regard them as regarding spring.

Scott of Hyperborea

Winter 2251

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Quote:Stormark disbands the army in TreynorTreesia builds an army in Treesia and a fleet in AlteriaNatopia builds an army in MaconAntica builds armies in Aquilaria and SkironI've changed Treesia's color to mustard brown in accordance with comments I got that it previously looked too much like Shireroth's.I want to restate the rules about fleet movement before we go any further so that I don't get any "but I didn't KNOW" complaints later.Fleets can move to a coastal land square, such as Zsharra. They can move from one coastal land square to an adjacent coastal land square that shares a coast; for example, from Zsharra to Vipia. However, they CANNOT move from one coastal land square to another coastal land square that does not share a coast, for example, Zsharra to Kamalshahr. Nor can they support into any square into which they cannot move.Second, if a province has two nonadjacent coasts, fleets cannot move from one to the other. For example, if a fleet enters Kloss via the Northern Sea, it cannot leave out the other side into ...more Northern Sea. Nor can it attack or support an attack into Eesdeheito. In both of these cases, it would have to first move to Jutien.In general, imagine your fleet travelling to the place you want it to go. If it has to go over land to get there, then it can't. If it has to go through another province to get there, then you're going to have to move it to that province first.One sort-of exception is that a navy can go Northern Sea to Jutien to ...more Northern Sea, as that is along a continuous coast. Don't worry about that one.That's all for now. Get your spring 2252 movements into my inbox by Tuesday night.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Yes, you can. Supporting is a good way of preventing bumping. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Random ruling question: can you attack squares that have no defenders?Baracao is currently controlled by Babkha and has no on in it. Antica has an army and a fleet to the north of it. Let's say Antica wants to take it over this turn. Can they do a "Stormark army moves into Baracao, Nafticon fleet supports move into Baracao" sort of thing to prevent bouncing if a Babkhan unit moves into the square?A similar question: are all unit moves resolved simultaneously? Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.Edited by: Harvey the Blue  at: 11/14/05 7:37

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Supporting is the only way of preventing bumping, as far as I know.

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”