Fall 2251

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
stevenAntica

Re: Fall 2251

Post by stevenAntica »

how did Attera get into Talamthom without ordering it?

Scott of Hyperborea

Fall 2251

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Fall is here, and the leaves are falling from the trees...the leaves...OF WAR! Children are carving their jack-o-lanterns...the jack-o-lanterns...OF WAR! Families are eating their Thanksgiving turkeys...the turkeys...OF WAR! By popular request, your map:Quote:ANTICA:Army in Dyre Straits to StormarkNavy in Nafticon supports attack on Stormark.Army in Raynor Territory to Dyre StraitsArmy in Kaikias holds.ATTERA:Fleet Tranattera attacks CyberiaArmy Vamsas to RijksmarkArmy Argaal attacks AtteraArmy Lindley Territory supports attack on AtteraBABKHA:Fleet Baracao attacks Dyre Straits.Army Báatharz supports attack on the Dyre Straits.Fleet Skerries supports Karnalian attack on Transattera Fleet Zsharra holdGOTZBORG:I did not receive orders from Gotzborg >:KARNALI:Army in Attera to attack Vamsas.Army in Kaligandaka to support this attack.Navy in Cyberia to attack Transattera.Navy in Strait of Pearls to move to ...more Northern SeaNATOPIA:Army SanderNation attacks ZsharraFleet Raynor Shea supports Army SanderNationFleet Lemurian Sea moves to Hypernostrian IslesArmy Lindstrom supports Fleet Raynor SeaSHIREROTH:Army in Khaz Modan to Amity and MiriothNavy in Yardistan to the Great Eastern Ocean SouthwestNavy in the Aracic Sea to YardistanNavy in Istvanistan holds it's position.Army in Kildare moves to HalluciArmy in Audentior holds it's position.STORMARK:Army Eesdeheito attacks East Slobovia Army Lorelei moves into TreynorTREESIA:Navy in Gaeos Sea supports the Shirerothian Navy in Istvanistan.Navy in Northern Sea attacks Kloss.Army in East Slobovia attacks Eesdeheito.Army in West Slobovia moves to East Slobovia.The Stormarkers attack East Slobovia from Eesdeheito, but the Treesians also attack Eesdeheito from East Slobovia! Since both forces are equally matched, there is a stalemate, and both stay where they are. The Treesians are therefore unable to move their West Slobovian army to East Slobovia.The Anticans finally get into the spirit of the game and double-cross Stormark, taking over their home island even though the Stormarkers evidentally thought they would be supporting them in Slobovia. The Stormarker fleet retreats to Talamthom, taking over its supply center in the process.Babkha attacks the Dyre Straits with support from Bathaarz. The Antican army there was on the way out to Stormark anyway. However, an Antican army from the Raynor Territories was attempting to move in; this unsupported army is bounced back to the Raynor Territories by the superior Babkhan force, which retakes the Straits.Karnali and Attera forced me to spend a half hour last night staring at my copy of the rulebook, but I think I've got them figured out. Transattera attacks Cyberia AND Cyberia attacks Transattera, but the Cyberians are supported by the Babkhans in the Skerry Isles and succeed. The fleet from Transattera retreats to Charlotta, the only nonempty coastal province in the area.The Karnali launch a well-supported attack oN Vamsas, but this turns out to be unnecessary; the tricky Atterans retreat from Vamsas...straight into Rijsmark!Similarly, the Atterans launch a well-supported attack to retake Attera Proper, but the Karnalis have chosen to abandon it in favor of attacking Vamsas, so it succeeds without resistance. In the end, both countries retain exactly the same number of supply centers, although their strategic position changes considerably. Let me just add here that although I have no idea what Karnali thinks they're doing with that fleet up north, if they think they can go to Kosala or Makonnia and support attacks on Attera Proper with it that they can't use a fleet in battles in an inland square.Natopia attacks Zsharra from SanderNation with support from their fleet. They conquer the province and evict the Babkhan fleet, which retreats to Vipia. I think it's those sleek-looking black tanks. No one can stand up to the black tanks for long.In a move that I, for one, completely failed to anticipate, the Treesian Navy descends upon Kloss from the north, seizing a Stormarker supply center from a completely unexpected direction. This would be an excellent time for Treesia to remember the rules about coasts that I should have mentioned at the beginning - that a navy can only leave a province from the coast it came in by. Thus, you can NOT attack or support attacks on Eesdeheito directly from Kloss. Sorry.Who gets what in Winter 2251 is in this thread. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 11/12/05 11:21

Careless Nonsequitur

Mercenary General for Hire

Post by Careless Nonsequitur »

I am a fairly experienced diplomacy player who is available for mediation and strategic aid. I only accept Zemlyan Vodka as payment.

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Mercenary General for Hire

That's Stormark in Talamthom. You kicked them out of Stormark Proper and they retreated there.

Scott of Hyperborea

I looked for one and couldn't find it. I let Attera retreat into Vamsas earlier, so unless you can find the rule I'm letting it stand. Stormark's surrendered anyway so you can just seize it next turn.

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

ah. I think there's a rule wher eyou can't retreat into a supply center... Edited by: stevenAntica at: 11/12/05 12:49

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

though i dont know the rules, but i would assume that a navy just can't retreat into unfamiliar territory... how did attera's navy go to charlotta? shouldn't they be destroyed or something???? i mean, if you keep moving them to territory they can possibly move too (even if the destination is not part of the nation already) then the game wouldn't end.. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Careless Nonsequitur

You can retreat infinitely. The only way to destroy units are to strip a nation of supply centers or to surround and then attack a unit.Alternately, if a nation surrenders, it's govt is considered to be in disarray, and its units are killed once dislodged.

Scott of Hyperborea

In Diplomacy, you very rarely want to destroy a unit. Even if you did, the country could just build a new unit next winter. The object is to take over the other person's supply centers so that the units disband themselves.

Careless Nonsequitur

The idea though is to deprive the nation temporarily of a unit. If the unit is killed in a spring turn, the nation must deal with being short-staffed for the fall turn which can be very rough on them from a strategic standpoint. Destroying units is also an excellent psychwar tactic.

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”