Spring 2251

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
Scott of Hyperborea

Spring 2251

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Happy new year, everyone! The year's at the spring, but the day's not quite at the morn because I'm late to posting the turn thanks to a bit of fencing and a bit more Civ IV. But I think you'll agree it was worth the wait:Quote:ANTICA:Army in Aquilaria to KaikiasArmy in Skiron to Raynor Territory.Army in Terre De Riches attacks Dyre Straits.Navy in Nafticon Supports attack on Dyre StraitsATTERA:Army Lothlaria to Lindley TerritoryArmy Argaal attacks AtteraArmy Vamsas supports attack on AtteraFleet Transattera supports attack on AtteraBABKHA:Army Dyre Straits supports Stormark to NafticonFleet Baracao attacks Skerry IslandsAll else holdGOTZBORG:Army in Aerlig attack IstvanistanFleet in Micronia support Aerlig to IstvanistanArmy in Pendronia to AerligAll else hold.KARNALI:Army Attera hold.Army Kaligandaka attack VamsasFleet Cyberia support AtteraFleet Rijsmark to Strait of Pearls.NATOPIA:Army Lemurian Sea attacks SanderNationFleet Raynor Sea supports LemuriansFleet Macon to Lemurian SeaArmy Lindstrom supports Gotzborg fleet MicroniaSHIREROTH:Navy in Yardistan supports Navy in IstvanistanNavy in Istvanistan supports Navy in Aracic Sea's move to the Gaeos Sea.Navy in Hyperion Bay to Aracic SeaArmy in Alexandretta to Khaz ModanArmy in Skiron to AudentiorArmy in Kildare stays put.STORMARK:Army East Slobovia to KaikiasArmy Lorelei to East SloboviaAll else holdTREESIA:Army in Mesoun attacks East Slobovia.Army in West Slobovia supports the attack on East Slobovia.Navy in Nova Zemlya moves to Northern Sea.Navy in Aracic Sea moves to Gaeos Sea.Natopia's attack on the SanderNation Isles succeeds; the Babkhan fleet retreats to Zsharra.Gotzborg's attack on Istvanistan fails because the Yardistani fleet supported the Istvanistanis. Everyone stays where they are.The Treesians attack West Slobovia from Mesoun with support from East Slobovia. The Stormarker attempt to move the army in East Slobovia to Kaisias fails, because the Anticans have moved the army in Aquilaria there and so the Stormarker tank bounces. It stays in East Slobovia and defends itself instead. Likewise, the attempt to move the army in Lorelei to East Slobovia fails because East Slobovia is already occupied. The Treesians, with double the strength of the Stormarkers, succeeds in taking East Slobovia. The Stormarker tank retreats to Eesdeheito.The Karnali/Attera situation is pretty FUBARed. As I see it, when the army from Kaligandaka attacks Vamsas, the army in Vamsas has to defend itself, thus cutting off its support of Attera. However, since the Karnalis didn't support their attack, they bounce and the army in Vamsas holds onto the territory. But, now that the army in Vamsas is no longer supporting the attack on Attera, it's two against two in Attera proper, and the Karnali army there holds. In the end, absolutely nothing happens in that entire theater, except that the fleet in Rijsmark does indeed reach the Strait of Pearls. The Babkhans sneakily capture the Skerry Isles while its other two would-be claimants are busy trying to kill each other.Antica attacks the Dyre Straits from TDR and supports from Nafticon, easily defeating the outnumbered Babkhan fleet, which was ordered to support a Stormarker attack on Nafticon that never materialized. The Babkhan fleet retreats to Baracao. The Antican army is now in Dyre Straits in the literal sense, as is the Babkhan army in the metaphorical sense.A few important notes for people. First, Ardashir, please send your moves to scott.siskind[at]gmail[dot]com instead of my inbox, as it's easier for me to work this if all of the information I need is in one place. Second, Eoin, as much as I enjoy your little mini-stories, could you try and give your moves more pragmatically in the format that I'm listing them on top here? It takes me much less time to process them that way. Finally, in real Diplomacy you would get a choice as to where to retreat after losing a battle. Because of time problems with contacting everyone when I'm processing the battles, I can't do things that way and I'm choosing your retreats for you. I'm trying to do them the same way you would - as advantageously for your side as possible - but I'm also trying to minimize risk and be really conservative about it. If you don't want me choosing for you, you can either - a) be on AIM the time when I'm processing stuff, and I'll try and reach you about it, or b) If you suspect that you're going to lose a battle this turn, put in your movement orders something like "If I lose at Transattera this turn, I retreat to Argaal" and I will honor that. Finally, please spell out the word "to" instead of putting little arrows in your movement orders, because I tend to blindly copy and paste them into this post, and EZBoard tends to interpret little arrows as attempts at HTML comments and then delete the entire post because HTML comments are not allowed.Next turn is Fall 2251; please have your orders into me by Friday night.PS: REMEMBER TO LEAVE ENOUGH HOME SUPPLY CENTERS UNOCCUPIED TO BUILD IN WINTER! Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 11/10/05 12:03

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”